“This is what flavor, quality and service at a top-notch steak restaurant should be.”
Review of Hugo's Cellar

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Allen Park, Michigan
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Fremont Street often plays 'second fiddle' to the Strip on many levels, not the least of which is food. For the most part, this is true. Hugo's Cellar is a huge exception.
It's not the newest restaurant, which is part of its charm. You can almost imagine members of the Rat Pack stopping here for a Manhattan or Martini and a delicious dinner. I'm guessing that, at one time, this was one of *the* places to go for dinner in Vegas if you had the means. And the food quality and service support that assumption. I have never, NEVER experienced quite the level of professional service from any restaurant, and I've been to some good ones. From the Sommelier to the prepared-at-your-table salad, the service was top notch, and that's not being generous. The food matched the quality of the staff. I ordered the 24-oz Prime Rib, which was amazing. Think you can finish one? So did I, and I was mistaken. And frankly, even if I could have, I would have done a terrible injustice to that amazing cut of meat by forcing it down.
I cannot think of a single downside to our dinner here, not one.

1 Thank Ulmubi

Nottinghamshire
“Proper old Vegas”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We went to this restaurant based on the strength of other Trip Advisor reviews......and I'm just so pleased that we did!

The restaurant was amazing. It's in the Four Queens Casino (At the Freemont Street Experience), downstairs. When you get in there, you can't hear any of the noise of the casino or outside Freemont experience - Which is loud at times - and the ambiance is just old 50's style Vegas. All the females are presented with a red rose when they arrive. When we got to our table, we were presented with the drinks lists, and my girlfriend chose a cocktail. It arrived in it's own small decanter surrounded by ice, and was a raspberry marguerita. Even I enjoyed it, and I don't much like marguerita's. The staff on service were just fantastic, just what you would expect from a 50's Goodfella style restuarant. The sommelier was a guy from Leeds and we must have chatted for ages about the weather, holidays back home. Was really nice to chat to someone from home, and he was just about to celebrate his 29th year in the cellar (Happy Anniversary Jon!)
The menu was brilliant. Some really fresh seafood and amazing cuts of steak, Veal escalopes and some more brilliant dishes.
We had a seafood platter to start, and it was just the freshes cuts of lobster, massive king prawns, crab meat. Just brilliant, and the tomato sauce with it was just piquant enough. Once that dish had been finished, we had a small sorbet arrive to clense our pallets. Then the "main event"......no, not the main course the salad (Bear with me). The salad is prepared freshly, on a salad bar, by your table and by the best waiter in the business. Think "My Cousin Vinny" and you got him. Just a fantastic guy, and prepares the salad with awesome flair and style. A little bit of everything you like tossed together. Now, this isn't a small salad. It fills up a proper plate and like everything in Vegas, it's big.
The mains arrived shortly after, and the cellar cut of steak was just enormous. 16oz of prime rib steak. I loved it. It was a beautiful cut of meat. I was so sad that i just couldn't finish it all, i must have sent 6oz back. My girlfriend had the veal in marsala sauce, which I tried a little of was sublime.
After the mains came the complimentary dessert, which was small chocolate covered fruit. We didn't need anything else after this as we were just so full. The bill came, and we were confused. It was cheap. I mean, seriously, for everything we had it was just so cheap.
When i searched this place on Trip Advisor it was #3 out of all the restaurant's in Vegas. Now it's #19th.
19th best out of all the restaurants in Vegas doesn't do this place justice. Go. Please. You won't regret it at all.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank IanFairy
Las Vegas, Nevada
“This is a 10!”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Though we have visited Vegas at least 10 times before, this is our first visit to Hugo's Cellar and it will not be our last. This restaurant ranks in the top 5 restaurants we have visited in the US. The ambiance is wonderfully reflective of both class and old Vegas. The wait staff is highly attentive without being over bearing. Drinks were huge and tasted great. All four of us raved about our meals. Little touches such as sorbet between courses and a platter of dipped fruit to end our meals added to our dining enjoyment. If you want a romantic or special occasion dining experience, this is it.

1 Thank Mar1046
Kauai, Hawaii
“Best Prime Rib”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I have been visiting Las Vegas for the past twenty years and never ate at this restaurant until this month. I read many good reviews about this place and decided to bring my family and friends here for dinner. I made reservation for 6 p.m. for a party of 6 in advance on line and had to use my credit card to secure the reservation date and time or risk a no show fee. This restaurant is located at the Four Queens Hotel and Casino. We had to walk through a maze of slot machines and black jack tables to get the restaurant which is located on the opposite side from the entrance. Hugo's Cellar is located next to the Casino's Café Eatery. If you are standing in line going up the steps, you are heading for the wrong restaurant. Remember, this is a restaurant located in the cellar of the Casino. We took the stairway down and was warmly greeted by the hostess. We arrived on time and had no problems with the on line reservation. Each of the female guest in the party received a long stem red rose which I thought was a nice touch. The restaurant's ambience was dark and not loud at all. We were able to have a decent conversation in our party of six. Our waiter introduced himself and went over the menu and the special of the day with us. I ordered the smaller cut prime rib. The meal came with a choice of salad which is prepared at the table side. I was a bit disappointed that they didn't have a children's menu for my 7 year old son. I can't fault them because this is suppose to be more of a romantic adult fine dining. We ended up ordering a chicken dish for him. My wife ordered the sea bass. The waiter was very professional. He didn't rush us to make our selection. He fill our water glasses and brought us freshly baked bread. The salad was quite good not served in a huge portion but just right. Shortly after finishing our salad, our main dish arrived. The prime rib had to be one of the best I've ever eaten. The meat literally melted in your mouth. You didn't have to chew on it. My friend and I agreed that the prime rib was way better than the one served at the Ranch Steak House at the Binion's Horse Shoe Casino. My wife enjoyed her seafood dish as well as the others in the party with exception of my son who just picked on the roasted chicken. Apparently, he is not ready for fine dining yet. I wanted to try the Flaming Cherries Jubilee which requires a minimum order for two people but everyone was too full for desert. The dinner did come with a complementary desert of fresh strawberry and figs dipped in chocolate. Overall, a great dining experience but would recommend leaving the children at home. I hope to return again on my next trip to Las Vegas.

1 Thank KAUAI-BOY2012
Woodbury, Minnesota
“Wow wow wow”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

The best meal I have ever had! What an outstanding place to eat! A must if you are downtown and worth the trip for experience! The tickets for tonight place early and late (6pm and 9pm) reservations and you pay $3 to get 25% off which is an outstanding deal. Entrees include awesome table side salad, bread, sorbet, and dipped fruit for desert - no need to piece together from menu like other upscale places. Recommend to anyone going to Vegas.

Visited October 2013

Been to Hugo's Cellar? Share your experiences!