“Old school Vegas”

Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed June 27, 2013

This place has been operating in the basement of the Four Queens hotel for as long as I can remember and most of the staff has worked there for 20 plus years. It's a bit pricey and I think the quality of the food is not what it used to be. The salad is the best part of the meal and the service is top notch.

1  Thank Darby N
Write a ReviewReviews (1,911)

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Valentine's dinner is nice at this place. Great food, service impeccable and top notch. Pricey, but worth every penny. After all these years, this place has still got it.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

amazig food, visited here at the start of june it was fab! no faults - Amazing salads made to order by your table, I had beef wellington for my main - delicioius and when you by your entree your salad, sorbet and fruit dessert is free!! i highly reccomend this restaurant :)

Reviewed June 21, 2013

My husband insisted upon eating here. I was hesitant, thinking that a restaurant in the Four Queens couldn't possible be THAT good, right? WRONG! This place is old Vegas at its best, and they must be doing something right because everyone we talked to had been working there for over 20 years. It's elegant without being stuffy. Ladies receive a red rose upon arrival. We told them we were celebrating our anniversary and they gave us a very romantic corner booth. We ordered the Hot Rock Appetizer for Two and it was fabulous, as was the salad that was prepared tableside. Very old school! I had a filet, my husband had the raspberry chicken. The filet was perfect, and it's difficult to cook a barrel cut filet to a perfect medium. The chicken was moist and the raspberry sauce was outstanding. Our meal was finished with a delightful anniversary treat that was almost too pretty to eat, but we did anyway! I'm so glad I let my husband talk me into eating here...it'll be a must-do on all future trips to Vegas!

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Had an anniversary dinner with my wife, and we had driven from So Cal and were not totally starving. We split a meal, not for financial purposes, but for lack of hunger..and it seemed like we had put our waiter out or something. Not like we didn't tip very appropriately for the service, but it just was nowhere near what I had expected. Pretty good food, good value for the money, but if you're expecting top not service, Try Delmonico's or Charlie Parker's...

Been to Hugo's Cellar? Share your experiences!