“Eating here is like being in a scene from The Godfather.”
Review of Hugo's Cellar

Hugo's Cellar
Ranked #20 of 5,047 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

Go here every time I am in Vegas, it never disappoints.
Just wonderful food a really great atmosphere and a special Hugo's ambiance.
What the Sommelier doesn't know about
Wine isn't worth knowing and the steaks are really top class!

1  Thank wmargaux
Write a ReviewReviews (1,890)

Reviewed April 16, 2013

For old style thoughtful, attentive and efficient service it would be hard to match Hugo’s. The food is so good that we can forgive the serious prices. The only serious drawbacks: the high noise level, which appears to be a function of the acoustics of the place; and the narrowness of the space between tables, which makes for congestion when the waiters do their thing in making salads at the tables.  They’re enjoyable to watch, anyway.  This is a place to experience - once.

adleys

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I was here for my first time on our trip to Vegas. My father used to bring people to this restaurant and I had never been, so to honor my father and his passing, we had dinner here. The ambiance is wonderful.
All the women get a gorgeous long stemmed red rose that they put in a vase of water on the table for you.
My martini came with an added "pitcher" that was kept in its own little bucket of ice on the table, I refilled my martini 3 times.
The salad was amazing, so many choices and made right at your table.
Then, they bring you a teeny ice cream cone with sherbert to "clean your pallette" before your main course. I had the filet mignon. It was amazing!! I"ve never had bernaise sauce with filet before...it was to die for...the filet was so tender I could cut it with a fork.
We passed on the desert but had coffee after dinner. They brought an amazing tray with HUGE strawberries dipped in chocolate, dates with white chocolate and apricots in chocolate with vanilla cream to dip in.
The service was impecable! The staff was friendly and appreciative of you being their guest.
I read the website before our trip and it stated they had a dress code, so my sister and I made sure we brought proper attire. I was surprised when there the number of men that came in, in shorts or jeans and tshirts. They have allowed this due to the economy and if a "high roller" is not properly attired, they will not turn the person away. I totally understand this, but, wonder what has happened to us a whole, why can't we dress for dinner once in a while?
The only complaint I have is NOT of the staff, service OR food.
My complaint is the fellow patrons who feel the need to be loud and carry on a very loud conversation. So loud that the whole room needs to speak louder in order to hear their own conversations. this was totally unnecessary. The room is lit very nicely and softly and it makes it nice and cozy. Its a shame some people could not keep their voices to that level as well.
I would highly recommend this place.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Wonderful dinner tonight at Hugo's Cellar. We make a point to eat here on every trip to Vegas. Service was excellent....filet mignon could not have been anymore delicious. Was nervous as some of the recent reviews were not so positive but our experience was excellent as usual.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

We ate here while staying at the 4 Queens. This was very upscale service and food. The salads were delicious and I loved being able to have him add whatever I wanted to the salad right at the table. As a vegetarian, there weren't many options for me but they whipped up a plate of grilled veggies with wild rice. It was very tasty, but seemed a little pricey at $19. For two people we ended up paying just over $100- which is more than I typically spend on dinner but it is great for a fancy night out. (I guess I should have known I was out of my league when the offered to hold my football full of daiquiri for me while I ate...) I may go again, but not sure if it is worth it when I can't eat what they are known for.