“Wonderful 40 th”

Neighborhood: Downtown
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Wonderful 40 th”
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

my wife and I took our son and his wife to Hugo's for his 40th birthday. When you walk in, each woman is given a rosé. We ordered wine and the wine expert came and was happy to recommend wine in our budget - no pressure to get a more expensive wine. There were three types of tasty bread. each couple shared an appetizer. Our appetizer was escargot and our son's was portobello mushrooms, both of which were delicious. The guys ordered the strip steak and the girls ordered the seabass. Both dishes were wonderfully prepared. Before the dinners were served, salads were brought out on a cart with several selections. Only my son and his wife shared dessert, which was comped because of hIs birthday and arrived with a candle. I actually felt guilty using a discount coupon purchased on the strip. However, I tipped based on the actual service to reward our server who was excellent. Beautiful place, excellent food and service! It isn't cheap, but was a good value.

1 Thank Edwin B

Toronto, Canada
“Amazing Dinner!”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

My husband myself and another couple went to dinner at this establishment and it was an amazing experience all around. Great food, great wait staff and a reasonable bill!! I would highly recommend dining here, make sure you bring your appetite. You have to go. It is in the older part of Vegas on Fremont Street, so it just adds to the experience.

• Visited January 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Best restaurant in Vegas”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

While the Four Queens isn't the nicest place, Hugo's Cellar is certainly the best any city has to offer. Romance or business, it's a no brainer to seal the deal.

Visited January 2013
Arizona
“Stuffed Shirts”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

It is very nice inside, very upscale and so are the prices, in my opinion anyway. I had the salmon and it was very good but the price was too much. The place gives me that 'Stuffed Shirt' kind of feeling. You know what I mean, kind of snobbish. I was not comfortable in there at all and will not be back. Now I must say that I am very picky about restaurants and everyone has a certain taste and my taste is probably not your taste. I will tell you to try Hugo's, the food is very good, you won't be sorry about that. Try everything once is what I always say, and as you know by now I tried Hugo's and everyone should.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Westernbiker
Dallas
“If you only eat out in one restaurant it must be here!”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

What they don't tell you: every woman gets a rose before being seated which goes on the table in a vase (they wrap it for you to take home so it doesn't drip on you), the waiters are on your side (not trying to sell the most expensive thing on the menu), the drinks are half price compared to the Strip restaurants, the location is incredible---walk right outside to the pedestrian only Freemont Street see the world's largest screen which lights up on the 1/2 hour, the food is outstanding and a full meal is served with every entree (you won't have room for that appetizer you might crave--save it for another time!) To top it off, it's a bargain for fantastically prepared food. You won't get a better meal in Vegas...that will fill you up! The decor is a throw back in time but totally comfortable---not in the least bit divey. Our most memorable dining experience in Las Vegas.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank medgalDallas

Been to Hugo's Cellar? Share your experiences!