“OK and I can see the attraction”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hugo's Cellar

Hugo's Cellar
Reserve with OpenTable
Hugo's Cellar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 4,795 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Downtown
Roxbury, New Jersey
“OK and I can see the attraction”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

Sorry, but this just wasn't my type of place. I've heard recommendations for years and finally went, but won't go back.

Yes, service is excellent and the food good, but I don't appreciate the pre-determined side dishes. I'd rather they lower the prices accordingly and let me buy what I want ala carte so I'm not settling for what they gave me.

The rose was very nice...and it lasted in a glass in my room all week!

Though we had a wonderful table/booth in the corner, I could not deal with the atmosphere of the darkness - it felt very much like a basement (congrats, if that was the goal to be a "cellar"). The smoke in old properties is always awful and that was the case in this restaurant. I sneezed through most of my meal and could hardly breathe as soon as I entered the 4 Queens.

I see what people like, but just don't share it. Sorry, I wish I did.

1 Thank SunFunSun

Las Vegas
“Hugo's Very Bad”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

been to this restaurant about 6 times last 2 years. It has become worse on each visit. Very, very noisy, the waiters had to talk loud to be heard. Too dark, can not read menu. Too many tables cluttering up the place, and your neighbor is right up against you. Not a romantic place anymore. Guess more tables, more money, all greed! Will not return again. Our best selection in Las Vegas now has become the Chart House at Golden Nugget.

3 Thank dlbLasVegas
Marathon, Florida
“Always a pleasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

The service at Hugo's is always top notch. The food is excellent. The fact that they give each woman a long stemmed rose is very sweet. Knowing they include a tableside salad with your meal and then chocolate covered fruit at the end always saves me money. I never order an appetizer or dessert and walk away very satisfied.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Babscanfish
Hartford, Connecticut
“Really good value!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

Okay, this place is not inexpensive but it's worth every penny. Unlike other up-scale restaurants, the menu is not al a carte. Entrees are accompanied by bread, salad, sherbert intermezzo, and chocolate-dipped fruit for dessert. Ingredients were fresh, of high-quality, and properly prepared. The service was excellent. There were four in our party, two beef, a lamb, and a fish. The menu had a palate-pleaser for everyone.

If you're over 55, sign up for the players club at the Four Queens and they'll add you to the "55 Club." That'll get you 20% off your entree. Not bad-- age has its privileges.

1 Thank DBLBassman
Los Angeles, California
“A sublime dining experience in vintage Vegas surroundings”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

This is a full service dining experience. Women are greeted with a rose as you are shown to your table. The waiters wear tuxedos and you will be assigned two waiters to address your every need. The wine selection is comprable to Los Angeles, and the sommelier will serve you (and himself from the silver cup around his neck!) The included salad is not only delicious, but having your waiter custom make it table side to your specifications, is priceless to someone who likes to have control, as I am. Next they serve a mini sorbetto on cone. For an entree I had the Queen's Lobster, and will probably always order this now. Every one else loved their food too, including the Tournedos and Veal Oscar. Included last, is the desert of chocolate dipped fruit. After dinner, you can stroll the historic Fremont St. and enjoy the not so historic light show. Everyone was extremely hospitable. I would recommend reservations. Parking is free with validation in the Four Queens parking lot.

• Visited September 2012

Been to Hugo's Cellar? Share your experiences!