“Our best meal in Vegas” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hugo's Cellar

Hugo's Cellar
Reserve with OpenTable
Hugo's Cellar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 4,578 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cleveland, Ohio
“Our best meal in Vegas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

After reading all of the wonderful reviews on Tripadvisor my husband and I decided we should check Hugo's out, and we were not disappointed. Hugo's is not fancy - and that's ok. The decor was simple, no excessive decorations. Seating was comfortable. It was quiet, and we were able to relax a bit.

The sommelier, John, was wonderful. I think it was the first time I've ever had a sommelier who actually tasted the wine before us. There was a nice selection of wines to choose from, as well as craft beers.

The tableside salad was very nice. We were asked to choose what we would like - hearts of palm, artichokes, shrimp, blue cheese, etc. We also tried the cold seafood, also very good. Not tough or stringy.

My husband had the rack of lamb and I had the Tournedos Hugo. My husband is a little picky about his lamb, but he had no complaints whatsoever. It was perfectly done - rare. The Tournedos Hugo are filet mignon medallions with foie gras and artichokes on top. Also perfectly done - rare. The vegetables were nicely crisp as well., and the potatoes not salty.

The chocolate covered fruit was well made and tasty. We also tried the creme brulee, which was excellent. It was nicely flavored with ginger. The sugar crust and the consistency were both perfect. One of the best creme brulees we've had in a long time!

The service was excellent - there when you need them, not in your face when you don't.

I used to be a florist, and the roses are beautiful - strong, long stemmed. I actually packed mine because I didn't want to leave it behind.

All in all, it was a terrifice dinner for a terrific price in a city where you can pay an awful lot for absolutely nothing. Hugo's will be on our list of must-dos for all of our future visits to Vegas.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank gatsbyCleveland_Ohio

Maidenhead, United Kingdom
“Fantastic old fashioned service with more than a smile!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

OMG! If ever you're in downtown Vegas go to The Four Queens Hotel, and go to Hugo's!!

Loved it! Ladies are given a long stemmed Rose On arrival and there's a vase waiting on the table for it. They wrap it in foil for you to take it at end of evening

The staff are brilliant. Polished and experienced. Great banter and friendliness. Perfect!

Having chosen our meal which comes with table side prepared salad - what a great touch, that poor guy must say his spiel in his sleep as he was word perfect - and so fast!!

Warm breads arrive, meals arrive, would we like dessert? Wow no! Too full!
Well complimentery strawberry, apricot and figs - dipped in chocolate are served anyway x. Well, would be rude not to. I managed the strawberry. - yum..

From beginning to end this was fantastic, old time cheesiness and I loved it!

From the dark and warm ambience, to the odd wine waiter who wandered about with his little silver taster dish hung from neck, trying the wines before serving to insure perfection, this place is just wonderful.

Try it!

2 Thank smiletravels
Acton, Canada
“Wonderful birthday dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

My H took me to Hugo's to celebrate my birthday. What a wonderful experience! We bought a voucher for $6 at the Tix for tonight booth at the mall by the car rental facility, it saved us 36 bucks off the ticket, including our cocktails. 1st thing was a lovely rose for me, the waiter put it in a vase at the table. Right away they took our drink orders, I had a lemon drop martini, they leave you with the shaker bottle, so you actually get 3 refills. Water was always filled up and we felt they really weren't hovering, just were on top of things. They bring you a bread basket, but one was a very hard and dry bread (thin) the other was a soft dinner roll type. They have a salad cart that goes table to table, they build it exactly as you wish, I highly recommend the honey walnut dressing, WOW I want to get some to take home, delicious!! For my entree I ordered the Filet De Boeuf Atlantis (a bacon wrapped filet with a crab cake) , which was like eating velvet, it was awesome! I think it may have been the best piece of cow I ever ate, normally we eat a filet at the Flame, Hugos was better! My husband had the rack of lamb, he loved it! I had a bite and liked the sauce that is served with it. They brought us the whipped cream, with strawberries, dried figs and something else (I just can't remember) yummm . Since it was my day, I wanted an extra treat, Cherries Jubilee!! WOW it was awesome, the man prepares it right in front of you! You can even feel the heat of the flames on you face a bit when he is making it. The cherries are poured over vanilla ice cream, I ate every single bite of it.. simply delicious!! I can not say anything bad about Hugos, everyone was very nice, I enjoyed the atmosphere and the food was grubbin' for sure! We will be back!

See my pics, there was no flash, so I didn't disturb other dining, it was a bit dark, but you can see most of it ok.

• Visited September 2011
2 Thank Pookalokihoodoo
Texas
“What a wonderful dinner and the best waiters ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

My husband and I celebrated our 29th wedding anniversary and I had researched our options for a steak dinner downtown. We chose Hugo's and were not disappointed . I guess it is more like old school vegas but from the moment we arrived everything was great. Our waiter was Michael who teams up with Anthony and what a great duo the are. I would say the best waiters ever. The steak was cooked perfectly and all the sides terrific. My only complaint would be the huge amount of food. My husband and I split the prime rib and we still had almost 1/2 left over. We will be back to Hugo's soon!

• Visited July 2011
4 Thank golsch
United States
“Old school classic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

Our second visit, brought along another couple for their first. Food was top notch. Really enjoyed the table side prep for salad. Sommilier made excellent recommendation. Rose for ladies is touch of class. Look forward to next visit.

2 Thank spun69

Been to Hugo's Cellar? Share your experiences!