“Don't waste your time!”
Review of Hakkasan Nightclub

Hakkasan Nightclub
Ranked #57 of 352 Nightlife in Las Vegas
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This club is horrible! I have been to almost every club on the strip and this place is the worst! They pack you in like sardines, it's dark, no place to dance. We even had a table with bottle service..... Terrible!!!!

1  Thank hulagirl77
in 10 reviews
"midnight"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed July 20, 2013

I've been to Hakkasan twice. First time was great, went to see Tiesto on a Friday in May. Packed but not too badly overcrowded, you could actually go up and down the dance floor, and by the end of the night I got to the 1st row right by the DJ booth. Ended up going by myself to see Tiesto since I happened to be in Vegas that night. Purchased a presale ticket, went in without too much wait around 10PM. Had to wait 3 hours until Tiesto came out, since big names start around 1AM to close.

Second time was on a Saturday in July. NUTS!! My husband and I were on the guest list and got there right on time, since around 12:20 they closed the guest line right behind us. We had to wait about 20-30 min to get in. Then around 1AM it go SO ridiculously crowded we couldn't move. They don't allow you to stand in the stairs for obvious safety reasons, but there was nowhere else to go! Where are we supposed to go?? They let us in but then we couldn't stay anywhere close to the dance floor, which was so packed they were not allowing anybody there anyway. Tiesto came out and I was SO excited, but I couldn't even see him at all in spite of my high heels. That's how crowded it was. We kept getting bumped into by wasted people and it was only around 1AM...Decided to check out the upstairs. You can't get anywhere close to the viewing area up there unless you have a table (which will run you several thousand $$). No screens, no experience, nothing. It was so incredibly packed, we decided to leave after only around 45 min. SO BUMMED. We went to Vegas just to listen to Tiesto drop some beats, which he is amazing at, but the club is having trouble handling the crowds.

Just don't allow so many ppl in!! I know it's big $$ but I'm sure the club was way beyond safety capacity that night we were in. It was just nuts. You could barely stand without moving. No room to walk around, much less to dance or go get a drink.

Everyone seems to be OK with it as long as they don't purchase a table. I'm sorry but if I'm going to pay to go into a club, I'd like at least some kind of experience and for the club owners to show some respect for the clubbers.

Worst part is, I know I'll go back because of the awesome DJ line-up they have, but I'll try getting several ppl to go with me and maybe we can book a table. This last time was just miserable.

:-(

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Just visited a few weeks ago and was impressed. Though long overdue, the 5 story mansion-sized palace was worth the wait. I did like the fact that unlike many Vegas clubs there were plenty of bars and they were consistently accessible. Nothing worse in Vegas than waiting 30+ mins for a drink.

Anyone know if they dealt with the huge crowdflow problem at the back? Due to a serious bottleneck creating by building VIP tables too close to the wall, people have encountered comical levels of crowding at the bar in the rear left. You literally cannot move and that was something which rather annoyed me. Roll Like Boss nailed them for it too, although in total they gave them a pretty strong review:

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Had a great time here!

Wasn`t super impressed when I first walked in (having just spent the previous two nights at Tao and Surrender, which were visibly spectacular) - it`s certainly not up there in the class department.

That said, the music was outstanding, which more than makes up for a lot of flaws. If you`re claustrophobic at all, you`re going to want to avoid the dance floor in general, because it`s definitely much more packed than most places. (Pro tip: a great place to get a bit of breathing space is actually right up front on the dance floor, against the DJ booth, as long as you don`t care about actually visibly seeing the DJ. They have an extra 3ft of space blocked off in front of the DJ booth, so if you`re up against that rope, you can actually breathe quite comfortably.)

It definitely grew on me, and I ended up having a great time, especially as things cleared out a little towards the end of the night.

1  Thank AaniaKade
See more reviews
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My friend and I had tickets to see Calvin Harris at Hakkasan. We had heard of this giant place a few months prior to it opening and were excited to see what all the fuss was about. We were surprised to see that regardless of already having tickets or apparently being on the VIP list, you still have to wait in an extremely long line. The club does live up to the hype on its size. It's huge, but the layout made it awkward to get around. There was not much view of the dance floor/DJ/show without paying $$$ for table service. Drinks were a little cheaper than at the Mirage ($22 for 2 ketel & sodas). We eventually made it to the dance floor which was a ton of fun even though it was shoulder to shoulder. Lots of confetti had been blasted on multiple occasions and also air jets helped to try to keep us cool. I would try to go again, but maybe wait until the newness has worn off a bit.

1  Thank TremontRaven