“Great Show”

and up
Raiding the Rock Vault at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Raiding the Rock Vault brings the history of rock ‘n’ roll to life, featuring classic anthems by the biggest acts in music including The Rolling Stones, The Who, The Doors, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Free, Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, Queen, Boston, Kansas, U2, Aerosmith, Van Halen, AC/DC, Pat Benatar, Foreigner, Heart, Journey, Bon Jovi, Whitesnake, Supertramp and many more. Raiding the Rock Vault was voted as readers’ choice for “Best Musical” (2014, 2015) and “Best Tribute Show” (2016) in Las Vegas Review-Journal’s Best of Las Vegas Awards and has consistently been ranked the No. 1 performance in Las Vegas on TripAdvisor. Raiding the Rock Vault tells the story of classic rock from the 1960s to the 1980s and is performed by members of some of the greatest rock bands in history.
Niceville, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Show”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

Really enjoyed the show. Knowing these were the actual musicians made it great. Would definitely recommend this show to anyone in town with a free night.

1 Thank Becky D

Flowery Branch, Georgia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great Show!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

I also agree that the beginning of show was a "cheese fest", but the remainder was really enjoyable! Got good seats from halfprice tickets and had a nice outing with my husband. I would definitely recommend this show!

1 Thank flowerybranchmom
Oxnard, California
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Unforgettable night!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

I came to this show unfamiliar with the musicians as they came out of the vault (although I did know of the groups they played with). I left the gig wanting to know everything about them! They just had such high energy and worked really well together. The theatrical portions of the show could labeled as "cute". I'm sure its main purpose was to give the musicians, and the audience, a brief break.

There wasn't a weak link in this group. They all impressed me but three fellas really caught my attention - Robin McAuley, Doug Aldrich and, of course, Howard Leese. These boys have the chops to entertain the crowd. And I can't forget the gal who joined them (although I did forget her name). She was every bit as edgy as Pat Benetar in Heartbreaker. She also filled in for Stevie Nicks and Ann Wilson as well as anyone I've ever heard.

The one member I would've liked to have seen featured was the drummer. He was kept in the background for the most part. The selection of tunes was on par with the pivotal moments in classic rock history but many will find reason to substitute in other tunes if they had the chance. My choices would've been Vanilla Fudge's version of Keep Me Hanging On, and David Bowie's Rebel Rebel.

Overall, I recommend this show to anyone who's looking for high energy talent coupled with wonderful classic rock music.

To everyone responsible for bringing this show together, I gotta hand it to you. Fantastic job!!!

2 Thank Ernie R
Reno, Nevada
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

We opted for the VIP package and were definitely not disappointed. We got to meet all the performers (these are the actual artists, not impersonators) before the show, all of whom were incredibly nice and approachable. Then, we were escorted to our front row seats. The show was fantastic! This group of rockers are all extremely talented, and the songs they performed are the classics we all grew up with. There was no way we could stay in our seats, in fact most of the audience was up dancing for a good portion of the show. These guys rocked for at least a solid two hours, but it felt like a fraction of that time because it was such a great show. Thanks guys for an awesome night! We will definitely return.

1 Thank waterbaby2010
Las Vegas
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Raiding the Rock Vault blows me away again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

A year ago I checked out this new show in previews and was blown away by the talent and energy of these guys. They are all rock and roll veterans who formed a new group and developed this show as a tribute to modern classic rock, (1965 - 1989).

Last Saturday I had some friends in town who are classic rock fans so we checked out the show again. Wow! There were a few changes in songs and the act, like adding a female vocalist, but that only improved the show. The first ten minutes I think my friends were wondering what was up with this but then the musicians take over and it was no looking back!

The day after I saw a preview show last year I couldn't wait to give them a great review on TripAdvisor. I searched and found they weren't even set up as an attraction yet, so I filled out the form to set them up, and TripAdvisor accepted it. Hundreds of amazing reviews followed. A year later they are the # 3 attraction (out of 554) in Las Vegas!

I got a chance to talk to the entire band after the show Saturday and when I mentioned this they told me that TripAdvisor reviewers and fans have made a HUGE impact on the success of the show and they are grateful to each and every one. I told them I'm going to share this on TripAdvisor and was told please do, so now I am.

I saw "Raiding the Rock Vault" again last Sat. and the next day the production was named "Best Musical" in the Las Vegas Review Journal's annual Best of Las Vegas issue, and after only one year in town.

Trust me, this is a show worth seeing!

2 Thank AnnaWendt

Been to Raiding The Rock Vault? Share your experiences!