“Outstanding Steaks and Wine, but unpalatable sides.”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Ranked #222 of 5,504 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: The Strip
Description: Steakhouse restaurant serving the best sizzling hot prime steak.
Reviewed August 15, 2016

LOVED the steaks at Ruth Chris. Perfectly prepared. Really, it doesn't get better than this. Unfortunately, the sides did not match this level of perfection. Not in the least. The au gratin potatoes tasted like melted plastic. Really. Horrible. Everything is over priced, as is the case with most Las Vegas restaurants, but there is no excuse for screwing up potatoes. The wine selection is excellent and most everything is quite good, but if you want to take the top dollar (our bill came to $1000 tax and tip included for 6 people) you'd better be prepared to deliver.

Date of visit: August 2016
Write a reviewReviews (1,489)

Reviewed August 13, 2016

We made a reservation to enjoy dining with a favorite restaurant in a new location. We have been to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, but not in Vegas. This one did not disappoint. The prices are higher than others, but this was expected. The dining room overlooks the strip. Our server was Beth with assistance from Marybeth. Both did a wonderful job of keeping our water glasses filled and making sure that everything was perfect. We decided to try the 3 course tasting menu. This was far from just a taste. It included either a salad or soup. The choices of soups included lobster bisque which is one of my favorites. It was rich and creamy with a piece of lobster meat in the center of the bowl. Donnie got the Iceberg blue cheese wedge salad which has bacon and lots of blue cheese on it. He enjoyed it, but couldn't quite finish all of it. The filet was cooked perfectly rare the way I ordered it. Donnie had asked for medium rare and his was also cooked as ordered. The plates are always at 500 degrees and we were warned many times not to touch the plates. The sides we chose were garlic mashed potatoes for me and sweet potato casserole with Donnie's meal. My garlic mashed potatoes were good, but filling. The sweet potato casserole had nuts and a crust of cinnamon over the top. It was delicious. The perfect end to the meal was the White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake with dark chocolate almond bark. The cheese cake was creamy and delicious. The dark chocolate almond bark was good. My husband loved it. I'm not a fan of the dark chocolate so this wasn't as good to me. I did enjoy the meal. We didn't order wine, but there was a good selection. There is also a bar on the other side of the restaurant. The people were all very friendly and we loved the food.

Reviewed August 10, 2016

Food was very good, service was a bit ostentatious for me , but we had fun. It is a very nice setting.

2  Thank Junrolo
Reviewed August 10, 2016

This was our first visit to this steak house and it was amazing! The food was fabulous, the service was great! We starting out with the calamari and it was tender, flavorful and amazing! I had the ribeye and my husband had the filet. There were no complaints at all! Everything was amazing and to make it even better I had brought a bottle of wine from California a long on our trip and it complemented the meal perfectly! We will be back in Vegas in Sept and I have to admit pretty good chances we'll be back!

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed August 9, 2016

Great steak in Vegas. Very expensive but this restaurant has a nice view of the strip. With all the great places to eat in Las Vegas this one might actually be on a repeat list!

Date of visit: April 2016