“I slept through first half, wife slept through second half. Poor mans Broadway!”
Review of Rock of Ages - CLOSED

Rock of Ages
More attraction details
Owner description: Rock of Ages, the "insanely fun" (Time Out New York) worldwide smash hit musical featuring a raucous mix of 28 eyebrow-scorching tunes, is now rocking nightly at The Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino. Set in L.A.'s infamous Sunset Strip in 1987, Rock of Ages tells the story of Drew, a boy from South Detroit and Sherrie, a small-town girl, both in L.A. to chase their dreams of making it big and falling in love. Rock of Ages takes you back to the times of big bands with big egos playing big guitar solos and sporting even bigger hair! This hilarious, feel-good love story celebrates the great rock songs of the '80s including such sing-out-loud songs as "Every Rose Has Its Thorn," "I Wanna Know What Love Is", "Here I Go Again", "Don't Stop Believin'", and more. Parental Advisory Rock of Ages is all about having a good time but you should be aware that some of the costumes, dancing and language might not be appropriate for kids under the age of 14 (kids under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult). Remember, if you do bring them, they'll get to see you rockin' like you did back in the day! AGE LIMIT Under 14 Must Be Accompanied By An Adult Under 5 Will Not Be Admitted Into The Theatre
Reviewed December 8, 2014

Story is a lost, sad mishmash, all the songs run together in to a boring drone of bits of great songs, I don't think we heard one song in its entirety, all sang in what seemed like the same key. - but who really knows, this boring spectacle put both of us to sleep.

Juvenile phallic jokes directed towards the front row, with no real reason for them.

Sat with people that loved it, but they had never seen a Broadway show. Lead singer wasn't bad, ensemble was flat, lead female was average.

Advertised for children, and probably would entertain them, however the sexual innuendo and language probably make this a 15+ type show. (I don't think I would take younger)

Would not go again if it was free.

What a SNORE!

in 369 reviews
"vegas"
in 338 reviews

Reviewed December 6, 2014

This is a musical about a young rocker and young lady who come from Detroit and Kansas to the Sunset Strip to make it big. I never saw the movie. I saw the show at the The Rock of Ages theatre at the Venetian in Las Vegas. The theatre is small enough that all seats are great. Not really a show for children, in my opinion. Lots of scantly clad dancers and sexual references that you might enjoy more without the kiddos around. There were many hysterical moments so when you are not laughing you'll probably be singing along with the rest of the audience to some great 80s music. Surprisingly turned out to be one of my favorite shows that I've seen on the Strip. I would recommend this show.

Reviewed December 6, 2014

Watched this show with our teenagers. Enjoyed all the 80s music but felt uncomfortable with the vulgar language and actions on the show. Nevertheless, it was enjoyable

Reviewed December 6, 2014

I screwed up and went to this instead of Raiding the Rock Vault (next time in Vegas). While this show didn't have the band and performers playing the entire songs (only snippets),I did find the story and some of the actors charming. Other reviews have stated it was too loud, for me it wasn't loud enough! And yes, this would probably be classified as an 18+ show. We paid $57 for tickets and were put in 2rd row when we arrived as show only half full. You also get a comp drink at the Bourbon Bar included in admission.

See more reviews
Reviewed December 5, 2014 via mobile

We saw this show in Las Vegas and we would definitely see it again! The singing was great! The vocals were incredible and all around it was great. The story was similar to the movie but different enough to keep you interested. The acting was really good. We've been to several Vegas shows and this is definitely top of the lineup. There were a few children in the audience and that's probably not recommended as it is geared towards adults. Some raunchy scenes and moments but all around really great! We'd go again!