“Awesome Just Go!!!!”
Review of Rock of Ages

Rock of Ages
Ranked #34 of 223 Concerts & Shows in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Owner description: Rock of Ages, the "insanely fun" (Time Out New York) worldwide smash hit musical featuring a raucous mix of 28 eyebrow-scorching tunes, is now rocking nightly at The Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino. Set in L.A.'s infamous Sunset Strip in 1987, Rock of Ages tells the story of Drew, a boy from South Detroit and Sherrie, a small-town girl, both in L.A. to chase their dreams of making it big and falling in love. Rock of Ages takes you back to the times of big bands with big egos playing big guitar solos and sporting even bigger hair! This hilarious, feel-good love story celebrates the great rock songs of the '80s including such sing-out-loud songs as "Every Rose Has Its Thorn," "I Wanna Know What Love Is", "Here I Go Again", "Don't Stop Believin'", and more. Parental Advisory Rock of Ages is all about having a good time but you should be aware that some of the costumes, dancing and language might not be appropriate for kids under the age of 14 (kids under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult). Remember, if you do bring them, they'll get to see you rockin' like you did back in the day! AGE LIMIT Under 14 Must Be Accompanied By An Adult Under 5 Will Not Be Admitted Into The Theatre
“Awesome Just Go!!!!”
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

I took my 14 year old daughter and her dad who doesn't like musicals!! We all had a blast it was so funny never boring the cast was great!! Get an isle seat if you can for a little extra room I would go again and again a must see!!!!

Michigan
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 122 helpful votes
“Better than I expected!”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

I attended the Rock of Ages show as part of a conference I was attending and was surprised that I enjoyed it as much as I did. Yes, it was very raunchy, and yes, I was shocked at some parts of the show but having seen the movie I knew that the show was probably going to be crazy. The cast was very good and not “B list” like I was expecting. The music was fun and after a couple beers it was easy to see how people get so into the show! The cast did a Q&A after for us and it was a very cool experience!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank eclipsethecat
Las Vegas, Nevada
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Disappointing,”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

We are local & had been so excited about seeing this show so were thrilled to get a local's special and great seats. We love 80s music. The good - the cast put everything into it and was energetic. Some songs were good. No bad seats in this small venue. The bad - about everything else. Rather than focus on the great 80s music, the focus was all the poor, tasteless attempts at humor, as mentioned by others. We were so disappointed we actually left at intermission and we have never left a show!!

NJ
64 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 89 helpful votes
“Fun, Interactive Show!”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Went to the 10PM show and loved every second. The cast was great, the songs were fun, and when it was over we were still ready for more. Don't miss out on this. It is a fun night. The theater is nice and didn't seem to have any bad seats. We had the best time!!

Denton, Texas, United States
64 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Fantastic Show Rock Freak or Not”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

My wife wasn't excited about this going as she is not much of a rock fan. She was absolutely blown away as was I. The energy and talent on that stage was magical. The cast was excellent, enthused and appeared to be having the time of their lives performing. The music was fantastic and there was never a dull moment. Whether you like rock or not this is a must see show. By the way. I am an old guy of 70 so not just some rocker kid. I loved it and will see it again on my next trip to Vegas.

Visited December 2013

Been to Rock of Ages? Share your experiences!