“Toe tappingly brilliant.”
Review of Rock of Ages

Rock of Ages
Ranked #37 of 225 Concerts & Shows in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Owner description: Rock of Ages, the "insanely fun" (Time Out New York) worldwide smash hit musical featuring a raucous mix of 28 eyebrow-scorching tunes, is now rocking nightly at The Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino. Set in L.A.'s infamous Sunset Strip in 1987, Rock of Ages tells the story of Drew, a boy from South Detroit and Sherrie, a small-town girl, both in L.A. to chase their dreams of making it big and falling in love. Rock of Ages takes you back to the times of big bands with big egos playing big guitar solos and sporting even bigger hair! This hilarious, feel-good love story celebrates the great rock songs of the '80s including such sing-out-loud songs as "Every Rose Has Its Thorn," "I Wanna Know What Love Is", "Here I Go Again", "Don't Stop Believin'", and more. Parental Advisory Rock of Ages is all about having a good time but you should be aware that some of the costumes, dancing and language might not be appropriate for kids under the age of 14 (kids under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult). Remember, if you do bring them, they'll get to see you rockin' like you did back in the day! AGE LIMIT Under 14 Must Be Accompanied By An Adult Under 5 Will Not Be Admitted Into The Theatre
Reviewed October 8, 2013

One of the in-house shows at the Venetian / Palazzo, went on a Sunday night in one of the cheaper seats, which were more than adequate, great view and acoustics. 4 of us, 40 something year olds all enjoyed music from our era, a proper feel goody show.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

A fun and witty play with lots of killer tunes! The guys loved it, a big plus, since its not a nudity show.

1  Thank vrymary
Reviewed October 6, 2013

My boyfriend and I went to the 10pm Saturday night showing of this and loved it. As he hadn't wanted to see this we had just bought the cheapest tickets as I figured I could sing along from anywhere in the theatre. When we arrived we were moved from our seats to seats right in the middle of the theatre. I loved the show, it's different from the film and although I love the film the play was better. Yes I was singing along and so were many others, if this will annoy you then dont go see it. You will know the songs and they provide you with a lighter for those moments! Loved every minute and would go back if I could!

1  Thank helena666
Reviewed October 5, 2013

If you like 80's and 90's music - go see this show. It is a very fun show with awesome music. You'll be singing one of your favorite songs a few times during the show!! It is a must see if in Vegas!

Reviewed October 4, 2013

We saw the Rock of Ages show in the Venetian, and were a touch disappointed when we compared it to the first time we had seen the show, in Toronto.

Firstly, the theatre was great, no complaints there. The seats were all good, the visibility excellent and the sound - although loud - was clear and not distorted as it can sometimes be in concert halls.

The cast was energetic, talented and gave it their all. My low rating comes from the interpretation by the director. I felt that there was too much 'in your face' as opposed to clever innuendo, as we had seen in the Toronto show. This performance was not suitable for families with kids under the age of 16- in fact we saw two families leave in the first 30 minutes. The over the top explanation of what were clever jokes or sexual references were both unnecessary and really dropped the overall appeal of the show. This version of Rock of Ages gave the impression that the show catered to those who find intellectual stimulation in Honey Boo-Boo.

Overall, although we both love the Rock of Ages franchise, we should have saved the money on this version of the show and gone to see a Cirque show instead.

Been to Rock of Ages? Share your experiences!