“Take a Trip Back to the 80's in Style!”
Review of Rock of Ages

Rock of Ages
Ranked #37 of 225 Concerts & Shows in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Owner description: Rock of Ages, the "insanely fun" (Time Out New York) worldwide smash hit musical featuring a raucous mix of 28 eyebrow-scorching tunes, is now rocking nightly at The Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino. Set in L.A.'s infamous Sunset Strip in 1987, Rock of Ages tells the story of Drew, a boy from South Detroit and Sherrie, a small-town girl, both in L.A. to chase their dreams of making it big and falling in love. Rock of Ages takes you back to the times of big bands with big egos playing big guitar solos and sporting even bigger hair! This hilarious, feel-good love story celebrates the great rock songs of the '80s including such sing-out-loud songs as "Every Rose Has Its Thorn," "I Wanna Know What Love Is", "Here I Go Again", "Don't Stop Believin'", and more. Parental Advisory Rock of Ages is all about having a good time but you should be aware that some of the costumes, dancing and language might not be appropriate for kids under the age of 14 (kids under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult). Remember, if you do bring them, they'll get to see you rockin' like you did back in the day! AGE LIMIT Under 14 Must Be Accompanied By An Adult Under 5 Will Not Be Admitted Into The Theatre
Reviewed August 17, 2013

This show is a must on your visit to Vegas! If you choose VIP seating you will be treated to fur lined seats with "Rock Star" imprinted on the back. The show has an open bar prior to its start and once the actual show begins you will be transported back to the 80's and some of your favorite songs will ignite memories from days gone by for sure! You are encouraged to sing along and the narrator is hilarious for the storyline presented in this 2 hour extravaganza of song, dance and a story! Vocals are fantastic and the entire production is amazing. Come see it!

Reviewed August 17, 2013

After seeing the movie, we decided to do something different from the usual Cirque shows and went to see Rock of Ages at the Venetian. We had a whale of a time!! So much fun. The narrator absolutely makes the show - very funny. Great and lively music as well. I can't see how you'd leave without a smile on your face :)

Also, the drinks seemed less expensive than some of the other shows we'd been to previously (every little bit helps!)

1  Thank soshbfly
Reviewed August 16, 2013

what a GREAT show... you can really get into the show, the music is the best of the 80s! My husband picked this show, but I enjoyed it just as much as he did! we rocked the entire night! you even get a shot at the bourbon room after :) the cast was amazing! they are could really sing!!! We would even go see it again, it was that good!

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I wanted to see this show as I am an 80s child. My husband, myself, my 17 year old daughter and 15 year old son all went and had a fantastic time. My son is quite familiar with this type of music and new most of the songs, my daughter not so much, but both really enjoyed the show. The cut off for this show is 5 but I would not have liked to bring my children at least until 11 or 12 years of age. This show was different from other shows in Vegas and was a great change of pace.

1  Thank Rachel F
Reviewed August 11, 2013

In a word IMMENSE!
If you visit LV then you really, really need to go and see this!
The performances were pure brilliance, the music fantastic and everyone was rocking in their seats!

1  Thank Gus H

Been to Rock of Ages? Share your experiences!