“You can't pick your neighbours...”
Review of Rock of Ages

Rock of Ages
Ranked #36 of 225 Concerts & Shows in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Owner description: Rock of Ages, the "insanely fun" (Time Out New York) worldwide smash hit musical featuring a raucous mix of 28 eyebrow-scorching tunes, is now rocking nightly at The Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino. Set in L.A.'s infamous Sunset Strip in 1987, Rock of Ages tells the story of Drew, a boy from South Detroit and Sherrie, a small-town girl, both in L.A. to chase their dreams of making it big and falling in love. Rock of Ages takes you back to the times of big bands with big egos playing big guitar solos and sporting even bigger hair! This hilarious, feel-good love story celebrates the great rock songs of the '80s including such sing-out-loud songs as "Every Rose Has Its Thorn," "I Wanna Know What Love Is", "Here I Go Again", "Don't Stop Believin'", and more. Parental Advisory Rock of Ages is all about having a good time but you should be aware that some of the costumes, dancing and language might not be appropriate for kids under the age of 14 (kids under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult). Remember, if you do bring them, they'll get to see you rockin' like you did back in the day! AGE LIMIT Under 14 Must Be Accompanied By An Adult Under 5 Will Not Be Admitted Into The Theatre
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We went into this without great expectations and were pleasantly surprised that we enjoyed it as much as we did. There is no mind jolting plot to follow in this one folks but It did exactly as it should have done and that was entertain us in a light hearted, feely good way. Yes, there is some crudeness and language so maybe not the best show to bring the young'uns or the very old or sensitive types, for that matter (I saw more than one elderly couple not return after intermission). I, and plenty of others around me, would have enjoyed it a lot more if the 20ish girl sitting next to us hadn't of talked nonstop to her boyfriend in the most irritating "legally blonde" squeal. Thank goodness they left during intermission after being "shushed" by everybody numerous times. If that wasn't bad enough, the one behind us decided to sing (quite loudly and not very pleasantly) to each and every song that came up. Someone put me out of my misery. Seriously? Why bother going if you can't shut your yap?

Reviewed March 25, 2013

My friends and I went we were in Vegas last month. There were 5 of us who came from different part of the world to Vegas for a reunion. We wanted to see “Rock of Ages” in the Venetian, but to our surprise we were not able to see the show on February 24th. Surprisingly, they were letting us inside the building by the ticket checker who supposedly checked our tickets. When we got inside, the usher checked our ticket to see where we were supposed to sit and they were already people sitting in our seats. They came back and told us that the tickets were printed for March 24th instead of February 24th. We showed them the original confirmation that we received and it clearly showed February 24th show not March 24th.

We were also told that they were not seats available for us unless we wanted to be separated. We then talked to the Assistant Manager, Martin Giovi, and his response was “Did you guys check the tickets”. He wasn’t courteous, nor professional, actually was very rude to us. We felt like it was our fault that the tickets were printed wrong by the Box office. Not once he said apologize to us about the situation and gave us an attitude about the whole thing. At that point, we decided to get our money back for the show.

I always buy tickets online and have them pick up on “will call” and never once I ever experience that they print the ticket with a wrong date.

With that kind of experience and as long as MARTIN GIOVI still employ there, we will definitely NOT BE going to the show EVER.

Signed,
Very upset customer

2  Thank TAMPACYNTHIA
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Went for the music and liked for the laugh (and the music). That Drew guy can really sing. Girl was OK but the very funny character was lonny, you will like it.

Had to say that I would recommend no kids due to sex comments and girl showing a lot of underpants.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

My husband booked this before we went to Las Vegas as a treat for our anniversary. We did not know what the story was about, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. If you like rock music and prepared to go along with the sometimes corny story - a bit like Mama Mia for Rock - then you will have fun. Would definitely go to see it again.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

We booked the show many months in advance once we knew we were going to Las Vegas and spent the time getting excited about it. It being our sort of music we were practicing before we arrived. We really got into the show, singing along and getting into the theme. The experience was enhanced by having some equally enthusiastic people around us so we thoroughly enjoyed the show. The actors looked like they were enjoying themselves which added to the whole show.

We finished our evening at the Bourbon Lounge where we took part in the after show party activities. To summarise, it was fantastic!

Been to Rock of Ages? Share your experiences!