“HIGHER THAN A FIVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Nobu Hotel at Caesars Palace
Ranked #22 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed October 21, 2013

And i dont mean 5 stars ,,,,,,Make sure your room is higher than floor 5 .Not because of the Lack of a view ,Its because of the noise coming off the generators on the Roof underneath,,,And whilst i am on the Noise Issue ,Whoever installed the A/C units needs shooting ,when they cut in it sounds like a jumbo jet taking off,. Location of the Hotel within the casino is Good ,Rooms themselves Adequate ,even if they were not ready until 4pm .WI-FI charge is a complete rip off ,(charged Twice ,at all sorts of rates ) .Had a Bedroom door that would not Shut automatically ,so even though i pulled it completely shut (so was locked ) every time housekeeping went in & out it was left open ,After reporting this for the 4th time i just gave up ,Staff need better training to be more customer focused in my opinion .All in All i would say that the Caerars eperience is better in the main hotel .

Room Tip: Above 5th floor
4  Thank politepete

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Ok where to start, we arrived at Caesars palace at 9 in the morning, we headed over to the nobu check in counter, which is a tiny little desk off to the side of one of the main walkways. Wasn't to hard to find after getting directions from one of the casino staff, but this is where it all went downhill. I requested for early check in when I pre-payed the room on the internet, not only was this not available but I was advised that checkin wouldn't be until 4pm!!! Not what We wanted to hear after many hours of travelling, nether the less we left our bags with them and went and entertained our selfs in the casino. At around 1pm I checked back with them and they had a room ready, this is where I started to feel ripped off, we walked into the room and it was so tiny, not exactly the king deluxe I was expecting, picture best western with a Japanese feel and a good bed, not nearly justifiable for the price that I payed. Which to compare would get you a king deluxe suite with all the trimmings at any other decent Vegas hotel. After coming to terms with the crap room We thought We would go explore Vegas and do some gambling in the casinos, we returned back to Caesars that night, the misses went to bed about 10 and I headed down to the tables and slots, after having quite a large night not getting back to the room until the very wee hours I passed out on the bed, to get woken by screaming coming from next door about two hours later, the misses told me it was to loud and she would go explore Vegas some more, I grabbed a couple of gatorades from the bar fridge and drunk them took a couple of sleeping tablets and passed out once more, only to get woken up by my misses about 4hrs later alerting me to banging at our door, she had just arrived back from exploring. I jumped up answered the door and it was 3 policeman and 3 security guards, they asked me to step outside, I of cause did, then they started to question me, and ask if I had beaten up my misses and destroyed hotel property, I informed them that i had been asleep all day and my misses had just got home, they integrated me for about 5 - 10 minutes and after having jack of that I said why don't use come in the room and have a look and speak to my misses, I told them about the banging from next door earlier, after they come in and my misses laughed at there questions and they could see no property damage done they just left, no apologies for accusing me of being a woman basher or anything. This really annoyed me but again never the less it is Vegas and we thought what a funny story to tell our friends, we headed off and did a few of Vegas's touristy things, then returned that night and decided to order room service, what a joke in the nobu rooms they only have the room service menu for the nobu restaurant, I rang up front desk and asked if this was all that was available, they told me if I got any room service from in where else in Caesars I would be waiting for over 2hrs for my food because they don't like to deliver to the nobu section for some reason?? I ended up getting the 60'dollor sushi plater which was very nice, but stupidly over priced for the quantities you receive, this was one of two things we ordered from room service whilst staying at nobu. Each time we ordered I tipped the guy 30% of the cost of the bill! gave him his tips in cash signed where he asked to bill it to the room! never wrote in tips section. Then they charged my credit card 20 bux tips for the 60$ sushi and 10$ bux tips for the 20$ fruit plate my misses got one morning. What a joke. It's not the money it's the principal. Whilst on the subject they charge you 28$ a day extra on top of your room rate which is charged to your credit card daily as resort fee. I know some hotels in Vegas do this, but not this much, and seriously what do you get for the 28$ ? ? Other Vegas hotels offer some really good luxuries and amenities to justify this charge. Not nobu you get diddly squat. Anyway back to overcharging, in the room rate you get one device free wifi, so opted for my iPad, that's all we used for the 5 days and you can only use it in the room nowhere else in the hotel, but not only did it work poorly, they charged me twice for wifi access on my bill. I only ever used the one device so again they got me, they also charged me for a chocolate bar at 13$ which I never ate and they charged me for two movies and I only brought one. But wait there is more, now this is what really annoyed me whilst staying in the casino I gambled a lot of money, and by alot I mean ALOT, that I don't care about that's what I come here todo and I extremely enjoyed doing so, but if you have a client that has spend heaps of money on a room and is spending heaps of money in the casino, and tipping hotel staff really we'll even with all that's happened you would expect some respect for your self and your misses wouldn't you?? This was too much to ask for some nobu staff, I had to extend my booking with nobu for another night due to the helicopter we had hired going in for unforeseen maintenance. Vince one of the hotels staff organised this for me, now to nobu's credit Vince is the only good thing about this entire establishment, he was always polite and helpful just ashame he wasn't working everyday. After returning from a 6hour helicopter trip I decided I would try my luck on the casino floor one last time, my misses was tired so she was just going to head up to the room, the nobu staff had other ideas, when she went to swipe her card in to get let in, it didn't work so she headed down to see the front desk, what had happened was a miscommunication between myself and Vince and when he had organised the extra nights stay, he had charged all the room service fees and resort charges to my personal debit card, and not the credit card I had on file to pay for such things. I had givin him the debit card to pay for the extra nights stay, but had got them mixed up somehow. Anyway so now the hotel had my debit card on file and being a debit card when they tried to take 700 off my card it didn't work. So they wouldn't let my misses in the room for some time, they made her hang around at the tiny reception desk waiting for me, they finally let her in after it was evident I wasn't coming back anytime soon, but whilst I was gambling and had no idea of the situation they repeatedly come and knocked on the door requesting payment, after finally returning after about 7hours of intense gambling my misses informed me of what had happened, dinner had just arrived but I thought I'd do the right thing duck down and see what the problem was after realising it wasn't going to be a quick process, and dealing with a very rude hotel staff member I said I will sort it after dinner, he wouldn't have a bar of it he said I must wait until his manager come, his manger come he was really good and we worked out the problem, just a case of the wrong card getting charged. I just can't be leave the disrespect that was shown and the mistake was from there end.. Would never stay in nobu again. Vegas though is absolutely amazing will be staying the Venetian next time.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Hoons69
Reviewed October 19, 2013

My husband and I were guests at Nobu at Caesar's Palace during the weekend of October 11, 2013. We are both experienced travelers but we have reasonable (not exaggerated) expectations. We have previously patronized The Mirage and The Venetian. This time, my husband had his heart set on Caesar's Palace, so I read the reviews and reserved from there. Unfortunately, Nobu just didn't live up to the hype.

The location of Caesar's and Nobu is excellent. The check-in area was tucked away within Caesar's Casino, and the wait there was not too long. The gentleman manning the desk was courteous; although our room was not ready, he offered an alternative room on a lower floor or the option to be phoned when our reserved room was ready. We chose to sight-see while we waited for our original room, and we returned to complete our check-in when we received the call.

Complimentary green tea and rice crackers delivered to our room? Sure would have been a nice touch. Never happened!!

The room was average-to-smaller sized. The king bed was extremely comfortable with lots of pillows; too bad the top sheets were stained along the edges with something brownish-black (reminded me of the color of ashes; perhaps they were burned when pressed?) The sheets were not changed so apparently no one but us noticed, though, and I made sure to keep them tucked down and away. The closet was average but there were plenty of padded hangers, so that was nice. The bathroom was small with no privacy; the toilet and shower were both open, and there was only one sink, so it made for a challenge for two people to get ready to go anywhere.

We did receive turn-down service one night, which was great; two bottles of water, two pairs of slippers at the bedside, a relaxing channel on the TV. I'm not sure what time they do the turn-down rounds, though; we returned to our room around 10 o'clock twice, and both times, turn-down had not yet occurred. No big deal except it would have been nice to have exchanged the used towels.

We did leave tips for the cleaning personnel daily, and I did feel that they did a good job of cleaning things up, replenishing toiletries, etc. (other than failing to switch out the stained top sheets.)

The resort fee was ridiculous, of course, especially since we did not use their WiFi (I brought my own MiFi) or their gym. We did use the pool area one day, and it was very nice and relaxing (although we had to traipse through the casino to reach it; Nobu is NOT convenient to the pool area!) There are cabanas and nice padded lounge areas, but these are for rent only. I inquired about this so I was aware, but I saw many embarrassed people shooed away by the waitstaff when they innocently sat down. How are people supposed to know? A sign indicating "reservations required" or something would have been nice. For those of us satisfied with regular lounge chairs, however, those are available, and two large towels are provided to you when you arrive. They're lined up side by side and in rows (if you've ever been on a cruise ship, you know what I'm talking about.) Poolside drinks are overpriced, but this is Las Vegas, so we were not surprised.

The buffet runs approximately $50.00 per person, so we chose not to eat there. No matter how delicious the food, that price is hard to justify for a buffet. Supposedly there is "free coffee" available each morning on floor 77; one day they were out of creamer, and two days they were out of coffee. So why advertise it's available when it really isn't?

Was Nobu the worst place we've ever stayed? Absolutely not. The view of the Strip was great (and it didn't bother me to see the rooftops of other buildings) and the staff was pleasant. Was Nobu the best place we've ever stayed (or even in the top five best)? Absolutely not. It was adequate. It was average. During our next Las Vegas visit, we will opt to stay elsewhere.

3  Thank RobynB1201
Reviewed October 18, 2013

This is a small boutique hotel within the sprawling Caesars Palace complex. Nobu, the celebrity chef known for his Japanese-Peruvian fusion cuisine in New York, is part owner of the hotel that bears his name. It is therefore not surprising to find a nice Japanese feel throughout the hotel, including a complimentary pot of green tea and cellophane wrapped Senbei (rice crackers) delivered to your room shortly after checking in. But that’s about the only thing that’s priced appropriately in this hotel. For us, everything else is over-priced.

Starting with the most important part, the room rate. For the days we stayed the daily rate was about $50-$100 more than some of the other high profile casino resorts. We knew that the rate was higher when we booked Nobu, but we didn’t expect the size of the room to be so small – about half to one-third the size of some of the others on the strip. While the bathroom is of good size, the vanity is undersized and has only one sink, even though it is the largest bathroom vessel sink that I have ever seen. Honestly, I do not remember staying in a Las Vegas hotel that has such a small vanity counter and only one sink. Also, there is no bathtub, except a large unenclosed shower stall. The toilet is also unenclosed.

Then there is that infamous Las Vegas resort fee. Having reluctantly paid it in almost every large casino resort, we knew we had to put up with it, but we thought we would get something more since the Nobu rate was higher than what we had paid recently in some of the better known accommodations nearby. But to our astonishment, the higher fee offers less. We got complimentary printing of airline boarding passes, access to the fitness center (which we didn’t), and use of Wi-Fi for ONLY ONE DEVICE inside the room. If you want to use it for two devices, like two iPads, you’ll have to pay for one of them. Also, service charge will be levied for using the Wi-Fi outside the room. For a smaller resort fee, many compatible or better casino resorts offered free internet access property-wide, complimentary daily coffee and newspaper, in addition to the other services offered by Nobu.

It seems that Nobu charges everything extra, including international TV channels. While a few of the common non-English channels are free, others cost around $10 per channel.

Having vented my misgivings, I do want to single out the outstanding service of its staff. I have nothing but praise for their courtesy, efficiency, and personal attention.

2  Thank Larry H
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Nobu? YES!

So I was reading some reviews on trip adviser about this place and was shocked to see it getting appalling ratings. We went for their soft opening and we had a blast!

I have to admit, the hotel IS really tricky to find. Don't look for the signs, look for their LOGO. Don't know what their logo looks like? You will have to look it up.

You walk into Caesars, walk through a bit of the casino, make a right, a left and a right and then you see a orange amber glow of Nobu. Nobu what? I'm not too sure what it is, but that's where you go when you need to go to your room. I wouldn't call it a lobby, or a foyer or anything. Sure the elevators are there, but there are no buttons to press!

Check in is personal and done with an Ipad. There inst really a front desk or anything. A bell man appeared to help us with our luggage, but come to think of it, I'm actually not sure where he appeared from!

Was shown the room and the amenities and 5 minutes after we checked in there was a knock on the door. Tea for four and crackers! YUM.

The Hotel is styled nicely. All decor is thought out. Large wooden drawers. Comfortable quality leather couch. Large bathroom with walk in shower, no door and the largest sink and basin (nearly a bathtub, really) you have ever seen in your life.

Slippers, (pick your color) Robes (black or white) and a large TV. Turn Down service. Its a nice place. Our view was that of the Venetian, and Treasure Island, so not bad at all. The Hotel is quite central.

I would stay back here again. We got a Saturday rate of $134.
Nobu? Why not

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SonicSpringBok
Reviewed October 17, 2013

A gem in Caesars palace. Highly recommended to everyone for its excellent customer service, spacious and comfortable room. Beds were heavenly and we had a good rest every night. Location was superb. We enjoyed our stay thoroughly and would definitely return again if we ever have a chance.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Nobu hotel is a boutique hotel within the giant Caesars complex. The arrival process was very pleasant, compared to that of the mega hotel. We were dropped at the front casino entrance, not used any longer by other hotel guests, for check in, and met by a dedicated Nobu Valet. We were quickly guided to their private front desk, and checked in quickly, and privately. The hotel is in the middle of everything at Caesars, but has a separate front desk, and elevators, and only eight floors. The rooms are freshly remodeled in a Japanese style, but it can't be disguised, that this is an older style hotel room. The staff tries very to provide top notch service, but they need a little polishing up on some things. We never did get our welcome tea service, and the room was often not made up until very late afternoon. None of this seriously detracted from the experience. The room service from Nobu dining was excellent, as were the room amenities. Check out was a breeze, and the Range Rover limo service was an excellent add on. We will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of "Paris"
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple