“Peaceful elegance”

Ranked #26 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
La Canada Flintridge, California
“Peaceful elegance”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Nobu Hotel is an oasis of peaceful elegance in the middle of casino craziness. One enters near the Nobu restaurant and is greeted by friendly staff who make you feel immediately welcome. Elevators are secure and futuristic in that they automatically take you to your floor. The rooms are serene with an elegant spa-like feel. The beds were like sleeping on a cloud. We ordered room service late and the food arrived quickly and was superb! Great location in that you are in the Caesars Palace and steps from all Bellagio stores and restaurants. If you are looking for a hip and stealth hotel that feels like a protected oasis, this is it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Clarksville, Tennessee
Reviewed March 15, 2013

They really know how to treat you at the Nobu. From the quick check in at their own desk to the check out, they make your stay wonderful. Tea is served upon arrival, and nightly turn down service is a suprise, complete with water and slippers placed beside you bed. Bathroom is quaint, room still smells new, large flat screen TV all make this THE place to stay. Room includes unlimited access to the Qua Spa, which is over the top. Only thing missing was a coffee maker.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank ChiefDebi
SF
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I've stayed many times at Caesars, in all the towers, and stayed at the Nobu for the first time in April. The hotel is like a boutique hotel within the Caesars complex. They have their own check-in desk, which is right in the elevator lobby. I normally get comped a room at Caesars, and was comped the Nobu room, so I can't address value for the money. So my evaluation is solely based on a direct comparison of Caesars Augustus/Octavius/Palace towers vs. Nobu.

Pluses: 1) Check in is a breeze as the tiny two computer check in desk is right in the elevator lobby to the rooms. 2) The rooms are secure, since you need to scan your room key to get into the elevator. 3) The rooms are newly renovated, and obviously have a Japanese influence. The bed and linens are incredibly comfortable. The bathroom has a walk in shower, a modern "bowl" sink and a counter area opposite the sink. 4) Because the hotel is small (180 rooms) it has a very quiet and serene feel, different from the other towers which can often have lots of people walking through the lobbies, in the elevators, etc. 5) Guests at the Nobu have free entrance to the spa, which if you are in other towers costs $25 if you are a Total Rewards elite, and $45 otherwise. 6) Because its a smaller hotel, the staff seems much more personal at attentive than Caesars -- although the service at Caesars is itself nothing to complain about.

Minuses 1) As can be expected for a new room, there was a pretty strong new room smell - not sure if it was paint or the carpets. We turned up the ventilation fan to high (which was pretty loud) and it got better though 2) The hotel is in the old Forum tower, which is a short tower behind the entrance to Caesars. We had a "deluxe view" room of the Strip, which had a view mostly of the roofs of the casino, but did look out to the strip, so the Eiffel Tower was in view. The view was not nearly as nice as you would get in the Augustus tower on the side that faces the fountains. 3) The room is smaller than the deluxe Augustus, Octavius and Palace tower rooms. The bathroom does not have the same Jacuzzi tub.

Overall, if you go to Caesars occasionally, it is a nice change from their other towers and a definite change in atmosphere. But if you enjoy the size and comfort of the Augustus, Octavius and Palace Towers, the Nobu will seem like a step down in terms of comfort. I enjoyed the stay, and would be happy to stay there occasionally for a change of pace, but I think that I would choose the view rooms and spaciousness of the Augustus and Octavius towers over Nobu Hotel if I were staying at Caesars for the first time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank CT94010
Vero Beach, Florida
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Room nicely remodeled large flat screen TV. Modern bathroom fixtures. Not over the top Japanese decor. They bent over backwards to get a package that I mailed to myself to my room. It is new hotel. The only glitch was on requesting help with luggage upon leaving . When I dialed her preselected bell desk button. I was put on hold for 20 minutes. Then, I called the front desk and a bellman was sent up the directly. It seems to be a bug in their phone system. I informed front desk. The staff is very pleasant and professional

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank putter63
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed March 10, 2013

My buddy and I were comped for the Forum Tower for a long weekend. We've stayed at Caesars 20 times between the two of us and have stayed in every tower.

We have a friend whose husband is in the gaming business, so we texted her our confirmation number, and she said she got us an upgrade. We were assuming it was in the Laurel Collection Towers, so we went to that check in desk. Lo and behold, we were assigned to the Nobu Tower! Just what I was hoping for!

We walked over to the Nobu Check in, which is right next to Cleopatra's Barge. Easy to find your way home after a few too many cocktails! There is a feeling of serenity as soon as you walk into their small lobby. A friendly agent assigned our room and up we went. Sophisticated elevators read your key, direct you to which elevator car to enter, and deliver you to the correct floor. Very secure!

The room is dark and a little minimal, with a distinct asian feel. Lots of wood, stone and dark colors. The carpet is beautiful and so soft. We had two beds, a huge TV, a leather sofa and table, and the dresser which holds the mini bar. The beds are amazing as are the linens. I have never felt anything like the bath towels. Like a soft, thin sponge. I miss those towels.

Bath is marble floor, black ceramic walls in the glass shower. Single sink (which is huge; you could bathe a Golden Retriever in that sink!). No tub. No separate WC. No bidet. The shower is set up so you get wet when you turn on the shower. And when housekeeping leaves the shower head pointed too far up, you spray the toilet and opposite wall when you turn on the shower!

Room size is decent, but smaller than in the newer towers (Nobu is the old Centurion Tower, the oldest on the property). Nothing high tech: normal drapes, lighting and TV. Our view was to the south with an offset view of the strip properties, and a direct view of another tower.

As we were getting settled, a knock on the door was a gentleman bearing a pot of green tea and some cookies which are apparently famous in Nobu's home town in Japan. Let's just say the cookies will appeal to those with asian or adventurous palates. A nice touch, though.

We didn't use room service or dine at Nobu to review those things. Housekeeping was excellent. Slippers always placed at bedside, excellent robes. I love the location. Close to everything. No long walk to your room!

Things I missed: a bathtub, a separate WC, and a better view.

Things I loved: location within Caesars, beds and towels, service, and a feeling of being somewhere special. Oh, and access to Qua Spa was complimentary! That's $45/day savings for me, as I enjoy the spa every day. Awesome!

I can't speak to the value of this room vs. other rooms (it is more expensive than standard rooms in the other towers), but I enjoyed it and would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
6 Thank MikeInFLL
Ottawa
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Staff are EXTREMELY friendly and helpful. Everyone seemed to go out of their way to make sure you were taken care of.
Rooms are very well appointed and well decorated. Bathroom was wonderful, with a huge rainshower.
Turn down service each night, with slippers placed by your bedside was a very nice touch.
The only real downside was no coffee maker in the room. I like my morning coffee right out of bed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Chris W
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I just had one of the bet Vegas experiences ever staying here. If you know the Upperhouse HongKong it's like that. Its a really lifestyle "cool" hotel. Was picked up in one of their blackened Range Rovers, check in so personal in such a uber designed lobby, arrived in the room which are so lovely and i would describe as soul comforting. Beds were divine - slept great. Loved the Natura Bisse amenities - that's a Jennifer Aniston must..! We called about getting a reservation at Nobu restaurant downstairs and although it was 9:30pm v busy they slipped me and my friends right in...bar staff were great and fun, food as you would expect was heavenly with a very unique design to the room. Room service was great too - had breakfast in the room, and wait for it...only took 17mins to get to my room. Know it is only just opened, but gotta say...wow..what a place. Its our new Vegas gotta stay hotel...

Room Tip: The higher floors have the better views...