“They are not really happy to serve you at 5 am”

Citizens Kitchen & Bar
Ranked #312 of 4,934 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: OPEN 24 HOURS! Located in the heart of Mandalay Bay, Citizens Kitchen & Bar features creative and contemporary take on American food. The menu features a broad range of signature favorites for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Citizens also offers a vast selection of beers as well as a full-service bar to complement the decadent fare. The approachable menu, lively music and comfortable atmosphere are poised to satisfy the tastes of any and all guests 24 hours of the day.
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

This establishment is allegedly a 24 hour joint. Once I stopped in at 3 - something am, and there was nobody around for 10 minutes... so I left. Last week I wanted breakfast at 5 am on a Tuesday and I waited another 10 minutes. A guy who was waiting at the cashier's area to order coffee and boxed food had been waiting before I turned up. There were no other patrons around. I guess they don't really staff up for the weeknight mornings. The Starbucks just a few steps away has much more pleasant staff... Otherwise I have had okay food here at Citizen's during the mid - morning hours. One exception: I ordered a side of bacon that was the toughest and worst bacon I've ever tried to chew. I am not sure how they achieved that...

There are newer reviews for Citizens Kitchen & Bar

Reviewed November 21, 2013

They always seem to be open. Very busy for lunch. Had two meals here during stay. A reasonable and casual place for lunch. They also have take-out. I had chicken club for lunch. Tasty and plenty of food. Service was very good and friendly. They work hard to move people through without making you feel rushed. Nice bar if you are alone and want to also catch a game on the flat screen. Desserts are also good. Good location between the Casino and the Conference Center.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Ate 2 breakfasts here during my stay at MB. Food was very good both times and servings were large. Prices are medium to high ($14 sandwich, $16 omelette). Service was fast and courteous. This is a nice option if you are eating inside the hotel.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

I almost gave it a 3 based on the server we had late Sunday night, however. Saturday night, our waitress was really nice. We ordered the calamari and asked for the rings only and the chef accommodated this request. The fish tacos were really good! Sunday night we went back for appetizers, but the server was quite rude, however, the young man who served the food to us was super cool. So based on one server, the restaurant doesn't deserve the 3. Prices are high, but it is Vegas.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Loved the selection of sanwhiches, healthy salads and decadent deserts - either eat in or to go. Convenient location if you're staying in the hotel or at a trade show at the conference center.