“CHEAP & YUMMY!”

Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
“CHEAP & YUMMY!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Excellent Hamburgers and Steak & Eggs! Duck appetizer yummy too! Menu not extensive but what they have is delicious! Have a soda fountain machine that can make over 100 concocotions. Service great - owner's fiance! Super helpful and gave us history. Many great desserts all reasonably priced! Wonderful experience!

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank summerpopsicle

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Best kept secret in Las Vegas!”
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

We just arrived at Las Vegas and it was really late, we were looking through tripadvisor and read some good reviews of this place. So decided to give it a try. When we arrive at the destination, we were apprehensive of the location as it is right inside Eureka Casino, a small casino located at some small quiet street. We have kids in the group and concerned that it may not be suitable for them. In fact we started to have second thoughts but was too late to look for other restaurants, until we met Emily. She is such a wonderful , friendly and cheerful hostess. And our most pleasant surprise was the food....the presentation and freshness fits a high end restaurant, the taste OMG is so delicious. We started to order more and more. You have to try the Peking duck bao, pork bao and pot stickers. They are to die for. We will definitely be going back there for more. This is such a gem in LV.

Visited June 2013
5 Thank beckie c
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unexpectedly Excellent”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

My wife, daughter and son-in-law ate Sunday brunch on Mother's day. It was amazing. My daughter and I each had the Kalbi Steak and Eggs. The steak was very flavorful and tender. The eggs were done perfectly and there was a spring greens salad. I ordered the iced tea, which was 20ounces, so I didn't have to ask for a refill, as I usually do. Smart. My wife had the Fat Choyrito. She loved it. And the son-in-law had the Fat Benedict. Also, looked great, and he loved it. The portions were all generous and the server was very friendly. Then, we ordered desert. We shared a strawberries and cream (which is actually a very good shortcake) and a Nutella Roti. both delicious, but I only had a very small bite of each because I am diabetic. We also shared a peanut butter mousse, which was delicious. We ate all this and the bill was very reasonable. One other thing. The place was nearly empty. Apparently, this is a well kept secret. But it shouldn't be. This is the second time we ate a Fat Choy, and the second time we had a wonderful meal.

1 Thank ClancyObrien
Lake Nebagamon, Wisconsin
“Awesome Find - Off the Beaten Track!”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We visited Fat Choy in the Eureka Casino on a whim...and had a GREAT time! The restaurant is nothing more than a small cafe in a "locals only" casino in a colorful neighborhood. The menu is limited, as is liquor service. However the food quality and originality makes it a DESTINATION. We had pot stickers and shrimp toast...awesome. The grilled cheese/short rib sandwich is delectable...ask for scallion/ginger relish sauce on side. Duck Rice is unique and perfect.
Our waitress, Emily from SD, was a JOY. She greeted us as friends and provided great, personable service. We had quite a few $200 meals during this trip to Vegas, but a $50 visit to Fat Choy was our best dining experience of the entire trip. I'll dream of the shrimp toast for years to come!

1 Thank RoadTripFan5035
“Chinese Tacos”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

First, I'll start with how I discovered Fat Choy. I had read that the Chef formerly had a popular food truck called the Great Bao and then started Fat Choy in the Eureka Casino. I was enticed but hadn't yet visited there. That is, until I watched a repeat of my fav cooking show - Chopped. One of the four chefs was Sheridan Su. He talked briefly about the fact that he worked in Las Vegas and that he had a small restaurant. I googled him and lo and behold, he is the Chef/Founder of Fat Choy. And - he has a most impressive background from
studying at the Culinary Institute of America to working at some prestigious hotels and restaurants such as Wazuzu at the Encore and Comme Ca at the Cosmopolitan Hotel. We went there today and had the Pork Belly Bao and the Pot Stickers. Both were delicious. The Pork Belly Bao is Sheridan's take on traditional steamed pork buns. His are served open faced with a succulent square of pork and a tasty topping of cilantro, a special sauce and mustard seeds. Sheridan has described the Bao as a "Chinese taco". There is plenty of parking at the Eureka Hotel which is on Sahara just down from the Strip. While the casino has been described as smokey, the restaurant was not, thanks to a recently installed smoke buster. Fat Choy is small and almost every table was taken when we arrived just before 3 p.m. on a Sunday. Breakfast is served from 8 to 11 a.m. and you can order the Asian fusion food from 11 a.m. till closing. If you live in Vegas or are just spending a few days here, it is well worth a visit. I can't wait to go back and try the Sparerib Grilled Cheese with onion jam and provolone and cheddar cheese. Yum.