“Great stay in Las Vegas”

Howard Johnson on East Tropicana, Las Vegas Near the Strip
Ranked #192 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Brussels
“Great stay in Las Vegas”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My girlfriend and I had enjoyed a wonderful stay at Howard Johnson Tropicana in Las Vegas: the service provided by the very friendly staff, the impeccable amenities and a competitive price all contributed to a top of the notch journey.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Mark C, General Manager at Howard Johnson on East Tropicana, Las Vegas Near the Strip, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful feedback, we are sincerely happy you enjoyed your stay and we hope to have you as our guest again in the near future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Hebrew first
Chino Hills, California
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I did not have high expectations when I booked this room. it was $39 a night for a 5 night stay and I wanted smk so I expected it to be pretty gross. I was so surprised when we walked in and it was very clean. It looked like it had been recently painted and didn't even smell like smoke. I had an awesome stay and its walking distance to the strip. The ONLY thing I would have to say was that the FD girls were not very friendly. Everytime I went to the FD they looked like they did not want to be there are hardly ever cracked a smile. BUT...price you pay for a cheap, clean room :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Alexis S
We are sincerely happy that you had such an awesome stay with us! Thank you for the feedback and the wonderful comments. I can assure you that I will share your comments with my staff in our next service meeting. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon. Thanks again.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed June 26, 2013

trust there is nothing worth stealing.i bought this motel thru a website secret hotel.you need to keep this secret to yourself.1.they gave me a handicapped room air conditioner did not work,stain on the carpet.2.they gave me another handicapped room this one kept me up all night because of the JET ENGINE air conditioner OK commercial washing machine in the spin cycle.it is extemly hard to shower with one hand using the sprayer in one hand and the soap in the other.i can't believe Howard Johnsons would allow their name on this hotel.the UP side close to hooters casino just west of the airport.NO I WAS NOT mistaken it was the air conditioner!!!!they do have security but he is too busy watching tv.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Mark C, General Manager at Howard Johnson on East Tropicana, Las Vegas Near the Strip, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our property. I sincerely apologize that your stay was anything less than perfect. I can assure you that I will check the room that you were in for the issues you mentioned. I apologize that the room you were reserved for was a handicapped room. Unfortunately, when you book your reservation on an internet site they book the reservation as any room type available. Thank you again and we hope you give us another chance in the near future to prove that we are dedicated to your satisfaction.

Travelers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

overton, NV
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Our room was beautiful and clean, the staff helpful, free wifi and walking distance to the strip. The price was lower than what we have paid for places close by and not nearly as nice. This is where I will be staying when in Vegas!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Mark C, General Manager at Howard Johnson on East Tropicana, Las Vegas Near the Strip, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments, we are sincerely happy that you enjoyed your visit to the HOJO Tropicana. We look forward to seeing you again in the immediate future. Thank you for your business!