“I really got scared”
Review of Eli Roth's Goretorium - CLOSED

Eli Roth's Goretorium
Reviewed March 16, 2013

great, the tour, the lavatorys, low price, bad, the special drinks didnt show the price, i couldn decide in a souvenir,

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Dear God, this was just awful very predictable and very very poor acting, save your $$'s there better things to do whilst in Vegas

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I am a huge horror fan and love Eli Roth's love of gore, so, I had high hopes for this place. I heard about the opening back a few months ago and made a mental note to not miss it on my next visit to Vegas...which was last week.

We walked over shortly after arriving to our hotel just to check it out and make sure we knew where it was...we wouldn't be coming back for the attraction for a couple of days. I have to say I was a wee bit bummed right from the start. Many of the props in the main area are very generic...the kind of junk anyone can buy online at Halloween. I throw a big Halloween party every year so I know that props are very important to setting the mood. Many of these had seams...someone could have taken a pair of scissors or a blade to them to cut the seam down to make them look more realistic. Also, the Bloody Mary bar was less than impressive...like an after thought. The only thing that kept me excited as I walked around was the mean and vulgar Evil Santa. She was scary in a hysterical, schizo kinda way. We were given 2 $5 off coupons as we walked out.

So, the day comes when I finally get to experience The Goretorium. I am super pumped and slightly terrified. We pay our money...which is expensive, but if you are in Vegas you probably shouldn't be counting your every dollar...and are told to proceed up the stairs. At the top of the stairs there is a rope stopping us from proceeding...we wait...and wait....and wait....and wait. It felt like a good 5 minutes before my husBAND got irritated and walked back down, but as he turned someone came to greet us. Weird start, but whatevs.

I really thought this was going to be like walking through a giant haunted hotel with elaborate sets, etc. An attraction that you could, at times, take your time through to marvel at the fantastic gore. It wasn't. It was several rooms set up with various themes. Rooms that you are rushed through at a ridiculous speed. People are writing that they were in there for 15 minutes...I am positive that I was out in 7 minutes once first greeted at the top of the stairs. Again, the props inside were mostly kinda meh.

However, the actors are amazingly terrifying!!! I wish they had not rushed us through so quickly, but I absolutely loved the interactions with them. They are so mean and twisted and don't hold back with the insults. LOVE IT!!! A gazillion stars for these guys and gals!!!

At the end of the attraction you stumble upon the Baby Doll bar. Eh? It looked like a temporary bar set up in a tiki hut with some fake blood splashed everywhere. We didn't even stop for a drink.

Overall, my impression was that the attraction ran out of money while in the midst of building. I can see where big dreams started, but then in the end it all appeared kind of thrown together. A huge let down for something I expected to be the haunted house to end all haunted houses. The actors are amazing, though...they really get your heart pumping!!!

I would probably advise friends to skip it, but I would probably return if they were to add to the attraction and make it longer and slightly more scary.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

First off, I had a Groupon for this haunt, so it was half price at $20. You know something is wrong when employees are handing out $10 discount coupons as you walk by inside the mall at Planet Hollywood. I would say this attraction is worth maybe $8 a person, at the most. There were about 15 people in line in front of us and it took an hour just to get into the Goretorium. The theme is that you are touring the old Delmont Hotel. The tour took less than 10 minutes, and I am not exaggerating. After waiting so long in line, it was a total let down. I've seen better haunts all across the country. The best being the one at Ruby Falls in Chattanooga, TN. The Goretorium is anything but gory. The lobby and ticket counter area is actually decorated better than the actual attraction. They intentionally keep the line long to attract interest from passing shoppers, which is irritating because nobody wants to spend an hour in line for such a poor experience when there is so much more to do in Las Vegas. There maybe six rooms on the Delmont Hotel tour. There is an old casino, covered in cob webs, a wedding chapel, and a kitchen that you tour and not much else. Characters were awful and there were few of them. In just a few minutes you are done and end up in the second floor bar (Baby Dolls) overlooking the Strip.
I didn't think the haunt was over at that point, but it was. You then walk down the stairs and they try to sell you an overpriced photo of you being scared. I'm not kidding. Avoid at all cost.

4  Thank Gregg D
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We decided to visit this attraction as my husband is very scared of horror movies & he thought he would face his fears. The wait in line was a little painful as they only let you in in groups of 4 and VIP's get to squeeze in first regardless of how long you have been waiting. You then proceed into an area for a photo . . . This has a little surprise & all I will say is that our resulting picture was fab! We then had to wait a little longer before the tour began. It was good all in all and the effects are very good. The actors do not touch you, so don't worry about being grabbed or anything. You end up in the bar area, which I have to say has some excellent vies along the strip. It was quite a cold night, but the patio heaters were on & this made us cosy. Would come back to just sit in this bar!