“Do not let the "Off the Strip" strip mall deter you”
Review of Marbella Tapas & Bar - CLOSED

Marbella Tapas & Bar
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Boulder, Colorado
“Do not let the "Off the Strip" strip mall deter you”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

This excellent tapas restaurant and bar just west of the Strip is located in a fairly drab-looking strip mall, so its brilliant white awning and matching brick entryway really stand out, hinting at the lovely Spanish decor within: wrought iron accents, crisp white tablecloths, banks of flickering candles. It feels fancy enough for a romantic dinner, but not at all snooty or overpriced. The service was top-notch: our server was very helpful regarding which dishes went well together and how many small or medium plates to order. She also checked on us just often enough to see if we needed anything but not so often that my husband and I couldn't have a conversation. Based on our experience, 2 small plates and 2 or 3 medium ones will leave a couple just enough room to share the rich chocolate Torta.
The food was uniformly very good, so I don't think you could go wrong just ordering based on the whims of the moment. A few particular standouts: as a small plate, the brussels sprouts--really. You have never had them this way and you must get them. For a medium plate: the lamb sliders with tzatziki sauce, served with crispy sweet potato fries. For drinks, at least try the sangria, even if you don't think you are a fan--I didn't think I was until I tried theirs--fruity and fresh, not overly sweet.
The calamari was good but not amazing (see Tod's Unique in Henderson to have every other version ruined for you for life), so next time I'd probably try something more adventurous from the seafood options. I also would recommend that you pass on the skewers dishes--they are on the medium plates list because they come with salad and rice, but although the shrimp themselves were tasty, the order only included about 6. It would be far more appealing if they offered the skewers as a small plate and skipped the rather insipid sides that come with. So much of what is on the menu is is excellent--who wants to waste a bite on an uninspiring bit of greens and plain rice?
Al in all, though, it was a delightful dining experience and we will certainly return!

• Visited January 2013

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
“Awesome little gem”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Not in the best location, in the corner of a strip mall, but once inside it is like another world. White table cloths, smart waiters, great service and the food is amazing! I am Gluten Free, and nothing was too much trouble; I said what I would like, and they adapted accordingly. The brussel sprouts are a must and we had the lamb sliders with sweet potato fries (they put the bread on a different plate for my husband) - mouth watering! Everything we had was good, and it is nice they could prepare foods for a GF person. A must visit!

• Visited December 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Marabella Tapas Good Food Good Atmosphere”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Late September we had the opportunity to vist Marabella Tapas and Bar on W. Falmingo Dr. here in Las Vegas. The service was excellent with good conversation and complete understanding of what was on the menu. We had the small plate Brussel Sprouts with capers, the chorizo and filet stuffed mushrooms, shrimp ceviche,steak kabobs and out-of-this-world lamb sliders from the medium plate. The wife sipped a merlot and staying in the spirit I enjoyed a sangria with the meals. Then we shared the Torta de Chocolate and some good strong coffee. Going back soon!

• Visited September 2012
Kensington, CT
“Great sangria”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

This restaurant is much nicer and more upscale than one might expect given its location in a scruffy shopping plaza. We started off at the bar nursing glasses of red sangria while enjoying the music of Spanish guitarist Ricardo Griego. The sangria was excellent and,best of all, free courtesy of two coupons I printed off the Vegas4Locals website. After listening to him sing and play several songs, we moved into the beautifully decorated dining room where we ordered the following:
1) cheese and chorizo empanadas – light and flavorful (3 Forks)
2) piquillo peppers stuffed with crab – small portion considering the price (3 Forks)
3) lamb sliders – a bit dry due overcooking, but otherwise delicious (4 Forks)
4) cucumber and yogurt with toasted pita chips – refreshing (2.5 Forks)
5) boneless pork ribs – a cloying BBQ sauce and a bit tough (2.5 Forks)

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank westie2
Boise, Idaho
“A pleasant surprise”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

This restaurant is in a secluded corner in a strip mall near the Palms Hotel & Casino. Apparently, they opened only 4-5 months ago. I was pleasantly surprised by the restaurant. The decor is beautiful. Although it is a "white table cloth" restaurant, the prices are extremely reasonable and one can dress casually.

We ordered the ceviche (which was not great but not bad), both the chicken and steak kabobs (which were exceptional), the smoked tuna (which I would not order again), and the chocolate torte desserts (which was spectacular).

There was a guitarist in the bar who was playing Spanish music . . . he was quite talented. The restaurant has a great energy (it is quiet and yet popular).

• Visited November 2012