“Amazing choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Bacchanal Buffet

Bacchanal Buffet
Ranked #218 of 4,794 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Durham, UK
“Amazing choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

I visited the Bacchanal buffet twice during a recent 7 night stay in Las Vegas. My first visit was on a Wed lunchtime and thoroughly enjoyed sampling the amazing food on offer. My second visit was Sat lunchtime and the price of the buffet rose. Again the food was great but the buffet was much busier. I don't think the weekend price represented good value for me personally. If you are prepared to pace yourself then maybe you'll get your money's worth. My husband, who hates buffets, thoroughly enjoyed this one.

• Visited May 2013

• Turkish first
alberta
“Big Disappointment”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

We had a family dinner for a party of 19 at Bacchanal Buffet the night before my son's wedding. We thought it would be a perfect venue since it could easily accommodate a large party, and the variety of food would likely please everyone.

From the moment we arrived at Caesar's Palace, nothing seemed to go right. Traffic on the strip was heavy as expected and we tried to do valet parking at the hotel. Valet parking was full so we had to self-park. The walk to the restaurant from where we had to self-park was at least 15 to 20 minutes. The signage throughout Caesar's was terrible - we had a lot of difficulty finding the restaurant.

We finally found Bacchanal. There is a booth at the restaurant's entrance where you pay for dinner before entering. There are cashiers on two sides of the booth. On one side, diamond/platinum members (I'm guessing that is a status thing for Caesar's guests) could pay, and on the other side of the booth, the general public must pay. There were multiple cashiers for the diamond/platinum members and the line-up moved quickly. There was one cashier for the general public, and the line-up was about a mile long. We stood in line for about 15 minutes just to pay for our dinner.

After we paid and got inside, a greeter tried to show us to a table. We told her that we were meeting the rest of our party who were already inside holding a table. She told us it wasn't possible for anyone to hold a table. We told them it was possible, because we were receiving texts from our party telling us they were already at the table holding seats for us. The greeter then caused a fuss and told us that we couldn't go in because we hadn't paid the mandatory 18% gratuity which is required for larger parties of diners (the cashier never asked us if we were with anyone else or we would have certainly said that we were). We then had to go back to the cashier and pay the mandatory gratuity - another long wait. One would expect that when you have to pay a mandatory 18% gratuity for a large party that it would mean that the guests could expect some type of service in return. Wrong assumption.

We finally reached our table. The inside of the restaurant was clean and the tables were nicely set and comfortable. The Asian food station was not too busy, the selection was good and I enjoyed it. There was another very large station where the beef, chicken, burgers, etc. were located. We stood in that line for at least 10 minutes. By the time we got to the end of that station, the food we had placed on our plates at the beginning of it was cold. They really need to figure out a better set-up (perhaps have two meat stations). Most of the food at that station was good (not great). I had to leave my prime rib because it was so undercooked. Usually when you get beef at a good carvery it is rare, but this was basically raw and was more fatty than usual. It was inedible. The seafood selection was OK and so was the dessert selection. However, I wouldn't rate either of them as great.

What did we get for our mandatory 18% gratuity? One cup of coffee. That was the only time we saw a server.

I was very, very disappointed in Bacchanal Buffet. The disappointment started at the cashier where non-diamond/platinum members were treated as second-class citizens. The mandatory gratuity was disgraceful given the complete absence of any service. Finally, the food was just average, not great. The only positives were the cleanliness of the restaurant and the large selection of dinner items.

After our experience at Bacchanal, I would not return and would certainly not recommend it to others. At $40 per person plus an 18% gratuity, I left there feeling as though I had been robbed.

1 Thank luvjasperdog
Chicago, Illinois
“It was average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

The meat section is decent, really good prime rib but basically just an average buffet and not worth $50

Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“If your taste buds are still active, this is a must try in Vegas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

I took the buffet of buffets ticket and the Bacchanal add on. It costed 50$+25$ per person during lunch. I believe that money is well spent.

We spent almost 2 hours eating the Bacchanal. They had counters for Asian, Mexican, Italian, American and sea food with large variety of dishes and bigg one for desserts . I couldn't even smell all of it. It tasted great and we loved it.

I feel the total money spent was worth alone for this one even I had to wait 15 mins in the queue. Later we went to planet hollywood and Paris buffets. The Bacchanal is class apart from all of them.

We loved it.

• Visited May 2013
Abilene, Texas
“Excellent Quality & Variety! Definitely one of the very best in Vegas.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

I have come to expect very high quality at the Bacchanal Buffet and have never been disappointed. Try to go after 3PM and get the King Crab Legs to get the real experience. It's really not worth it to me without them but after consuming a few pounds of the biggest and best King Crab in Vegas they have me every time.

This buffet has choices from all over the world and do them all excellent. They offer a huge selection and I always receive great service as well.

What more can you ask for?