“Nurture Spa at Luxor- don't waste your money-go elsewhere” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #34 of 136 Spas & Wellness in Las Vegas
Las Vegas, Nevada
194 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 118 helpful votes
“Nurture Spa at Luxor- don't waste your money-go elsewhere”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

My sister and I visit a different spa each time she visits me in Las Vegas. This time we decided to go to the Luxor spa,Nurture. We decided on the restoring cocoon treatment. Supposed to be a scrub,then application of oils, then wrap me up in a tight cocoon to melt the worries away.

My technician was Greg. Do not schedule a treatment with him. He did not scrub my body, just applied the scrub. He did not massage my shoulders, nor scrub my feet. It was not a full body scrub. I got a weird feeling that he just was apprehensive about touching me. He did not tell me what he was going to be doing next or what products he was using as he went, I had to ask every step of the way. That's not relaxing! He acted as if he was nervous or scared because it was his first treatment, but I found out later he is a seasoned technician. He was just creepy and consequently made me feel uncomfortable. Not at all relaxing or fun!!! Also, I did not get my money's worth. It was a sloppy spa treatment.

I called spa management (Lindsay) to discuss my concerns. She said she would have to research the issue and call me back in a week. That was on 9/17/13. I called her on 10/11/13 and left her a follow-up voicemail. No response to date.

No need to go to this spa. It's not exceptional in it's atmosphere nor treatments. Too many options in Las Vegas to go back to mediocre.

3 Thank Jola O

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

The massage was wonderful I had Abigail! The whirlpool was beautiful! The receeptionist was very nice, helpful, and accomodating!

Portland, Oregon, United States
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Great deal if you need a simple spa experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

I've been to Nurture several times and have not been disappointed. I've been to many different spas in Las Vegas. If you are willing to spend the money, then Canyon Ranch at the Venetian would suit your needs. Nurture is a good deal for a spa service and includes the sauna, steam room, and jacuzzi. Yes, this place is a bit older, but well maintained. I also appreciate their choices of snacks and beverages. Most spas only offer water, tea and maybe fruit. Nuture offers coffee and juices in addition to the previous items. Having these extra snacks makes it more enjoyable to stay at the spa and not let hunger make you leave early.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Dr_Lainey
Renton, Washington
89 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 268 helpful votes
“Great place to get a massage”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

I've had massages here a few times now and I've never been disappointed. My most recent massage was with Greg(ory?) and he was a fabulous therapist who treated muscle knots I didn't know I had. The front desk told us about the daily special that saved us almost $20 so that was great to. This place is very professional and a wonderful oasis in which to relax.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank JLFERG
Bristol, UK
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 312 helpful votes
“Many better spas in Vegas”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Firstly, the picture on Tripadvisor is actually of the Mandalay Spa (not Luxor). The Luxor Spa has I'm afraid seen better days and been overtaken by many better spas on the Strip. The hot tubs are nice enough, and steam and sauna but lighting is very bright and not that relaxing at all. This is an old fashioned spa that hasn't moved with the time. Add to that the showers not being clean, and a green sticky gunk in the hot tub and I'd suggest trying one of the other spas nearby (Mandalay, Excalibur, Qua @ Caesars, Encore, etc). All are better than this.

Visited June 2013