“Great Time!”

Coconuts Beach Bar & Mexican Grill
Ranked #3,666 of 4,981 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Wife and I dined here on a spur of the moment decision. Glad we did. To start, the chips and salsa were fresh and quickly delivered. Loved the green sauce. The chips were warm and slightly salty. Very nice. Our server was quick and attentive, checking on us frequently but not so much as to be annoying. I ordered the carne asada burrito, which was very good. Excellent flavor, with tender strips of meat, rice, beans, etc. inside. I ordered a side of the mexican rice which was also tasty. Maybe a tad dry, if I'm being picky. The wife ordered a margarita and camarone (shrimp) tacos. The margarita was just right, not too strong or too weak, and the tacos were excellent. The waiter told us they had just hired a new executive chef about a month ago who changed out most of the recipes, including the salsas.

I can see where someone would get the "club" feel for the place. The tables do get moved around, and they probably do have dancing or something later in the evening. While we were there, they had sports on the various televisions around the restaurant and some music playing in the background. Nothing too loud or distracting. It just seemed like a happening restaurant that was busy on a Saturday night.

I've read the other reviews. Can't say what happened with them, but I am looking forward to going back to Coconuts again. I suggest you give them a chance and decide for yourself.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

My wife and I ate here about a month ago on one of our very rare "kidless" date nights. The place is set up as a night club; the tables were set up in a way that that could be moved at a moment's notice, in order to make room for a dance floor. Our waitress was nice enough, however she COMPLETELY forgot to put our order in, which resulted in a 25 minute wait for guacamole and chips. (a quick bite before we went to the movie theather across the courtyard) Several big screen TVs in the place, on a busy sports night, yet the wait staff seemed more interested in watching the Real Housewives, instead of tending to patrons. When I asked the manager if he wouldn't mind putting one of the games on (he had remote IN HIS HAND) he responded with a smirk and an eye roll.

Dude, really?

If there can be ANYTHING salvaged from this experience, the $8 guacamole appetizer was deliscious. (must have been aged to perfection)

But wait! there's more!!!!

A few days later, my wife gets a text from Coconuts after filling out comment card, which one the drawing for a free FOUR-FOOT BURRITO. The catch; you had to have 10 adults ordering drinks in order to to receive the $50 4-foot burrito. (btw, the burrito was pretty good, but not worth putting up the lack-luster service we got from out waiter)

To be honest, I'll avoid this place whenever possible. It was clean. The hostesses were attentive. the bar tender was far too engaged with small-talk to get the drinks out in a timely manner.

Also, their beverages are bar mixers only. Don't expect to be able to get anything other than cranberry or orange juice for the kids during dinner.

1  Thank Cube44
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We dined Here For Lunch On Sunday. Seated Immediately But Then Ignored For Ten Minutes.
The Beer Order Took Three Tries.
My Husband Ordered Beef Enchilada Which Were Inedible. He Said Banquet Makes Them Better.
The Easier Took Then Back And Said He Would Let Someone Know And Take It Off Our Check. No One Came To The Table After That. Seems Like They Knew They Weren't Very Good.
Dark Dingy And We Won't Be Back.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

This restaurant missed the opportunity to draw from the huge crowds that visit Town Center in Las Vegas because it is trying to do too much at once. My friends and I arrived to have beers while waiting for another restaurant downstairs. The restaurant staff appeared to be a mix of professionals and family members. Some wore uniforms, while others did not. We were seated by someone clearly not old enough to explain the taps. I saw our non-uniformed-likely-family server bring our gucamole without chips and salsa plated like the other tables. It was a cold night, and when a patron left the door open it was my friend who walked pass the hostess to close the door (to the applause of other customers in the restaurant). The atmosphere is a cross between a family restaurant and a sports bar, but trying to be both makes it neither. The prices are fair, the food and drinks are fine. Management just needs to provide more training to staff about restaurant operations and this place will be much better.

Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

Visited this place during my stay and I regret going in my last day because I might have return two or three times. The food is authentic and taste great! The drinks are poured well and are also great! The server was great and even suggested other places for us to visit. The fajitas are the best, both chicken and steak!