“About time”

Hoover Dam Tour Company
More attraction details
Owner description: As Hoover Dam Tour experts since 1982, the Hoover Dam Tour Company offers the BEST DAM TOURS IN TOWN! We are sure that you will enjoy anyone of the tours we offer. Departing daily from Las Vegas our Premium Tours include motor coach trips, airplane and helicopter combination tours. We even offer a boat cruise and a float trip that departs from the base of Hoover Dam.
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I used a Groupon for this tour, for the money, it was a super value. The dam tour (operated by the park service) was really good. Ran like clockwork, there were lots of people and many different tours going on, but it seemed very smooth. I've been trying to get to the Hoover Dam for years, I'm glad I went. The driver of the bus thought he was pretty funny, but really wasn't. He was nice, and drove very smoothly though, felt very safe. Driver talked too much though. We intermittently watched a video on the history of Las Vegas, it was pretty interesting. But it was interrupted constantly. On the way back from the dam we didn't finish the Vegas film, but was forced to endure one of the stupidest movies I've ever seen, again it was interrupted constantly, but this time it was more welcome. For the money I paid for the tour, it was worth it, but I'd struggle to recommend the tour. Highly recommend visiting the dam though!

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Reading some of the reviews, I have to recommend Felix to be your tour guide. He was very professional, knowledgeable and humorous. It is a somewhat long trip, but definitely worth the time. The Dam is awesome and incredibly large. It is a great photo opportunity. We stopped at the famous Las Vegas sign in the morning for some pictures. Felix kept the mood upbeat and lively even when we were caught in a traffic jam. I would definitely take a repeat trip as long as Felix is my guide.

Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

The Dam is definitely something to see when you go to vegas. It only cost us $42 because we booked the Grand Canyon with the same company. The power plant your gives you 2 extra paid stops inside the dam. (Overflow tunnel and turbine hall). It's much bigger on person. The food at the shop was great aswell.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Overall, the tour was just ok. First of all, they picked us up late, and Cathy's non-stop yammering about EVERYTHING from her husband and kids, to her apt, to the cable guy coming that day was just too much to bear. The actual tour of the Dam was wonderful, taking in the majestic views and all. But just knowing we had to get back on that bus with "Chatty Cathy" filled us with dread. On the way back, the stop at Ethel M chocolate factory & the cactus garden was TOTALLY random, unnecessary & had absolutely NOTHING to do with the Hoover Dam. Thankfully we didn't pay much for this tour, thanks to Groupon. You would be better off renting a car & driving to the Dam yourself, and controlling your own time. 5 hours with the Hoover Dam Tour Company was a ridiculous waste of time.

1  Thank Darin T
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

The Hoover Dam is a must see great of what ingenuity, engineering, science, determination and a vision can accomplish. I read reviews of other tour guides and we had a great one. Jackie, was informative and fun. Of course she is a tour guide, so she is going to talk during the bus ride, if you have a problem with that then this isn't for you. She had a couple of surprises that everyone on the tour enjoyed. After the tour we went to the chocolate factory and botanic gardens, which were birth pretty awesome. The tour lasted a little longer than expected, but was work it. The only downside was the jerk on the bus that was so obnoxious that I wanted to karate chop him in the throat and poke out his eyes, but there's nothing you can do about that. Otherwise, it was a fantastic trip.