Review Highlights
Chaotic start then a super trip

We took the Hoover Dam VIP trip with the Hoover Dam Company. Our confirmation said Hotel pick up... read more

Reviewed July 27, 2018
Susan M
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
Excellent tour guide

We went with Adventure Photo Tours and our guide Jim was the most knowledgeable person I have ever... read more

Reviewed September 17, 2018
Kevin D
Caerphilly, United Kingdom

All reviews power plant hoover dam chocolate factory lake mead cactus garden bus driver inner workings boulder city well worth the trip two hours observation deck pink jeep small group walk around take pictures grand canyon ethel
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We booked the pink jeep tour hoover dam upgrade and it was brill,picked us up in the pink jeep and we went to the hoover dam,went on the raft on the Colorado river first and did a talk then we drove back up to the hoover dam and then looked round by ourselves then back to the pink jeep for our ride out,it was a very pleasant day trip and and very interesting.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I liked the historical facts about the Hoover Dam. I learned that there are other states other than Nevada that depends on the water supply.
The weather been so hot was one disadvantage.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is a must. we took a air condition bus ride to Hoover Dam and also took in the paddle boat ride down Lake Mead. Stopped at a chocolate factory and Cactus garden. The best bang for your buck here. Hoover Dam is simply historic and amazing all in one!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

While the Hoover Dam is a "must-do" when visiting Vegas, I don't know if we would do the tour again with our children (13/11). Our 13 year old enjoyed it a bit as he is more science oriented, but our 11 year old daughter was bored. She was more interested in taking pictures from the bypass and viewing it from all of the different angles. My husband and I found the tour fascinating, though. It just depends on how interested you are in the "behind the scenes" aspects of the dam.

1  Thank Weniki95
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We didn't do the dam tour, we only did the powerplant tour for $11. You can walk about the dam by yourself instead of paying $30 for a tour, but not the powerplant. The powerplant tour is definitely worth taking even if you are not into mechanics and such. I was impressed!