“The Worst Seafood”

RM Seafood Mandalay Bay Hotel
Reserve with OpenTable
RM Seafood Mandalay Bay Hotel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #541 of 5,042 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I never expected to be served the worst fish of my life at such a noted & $$$$ restaurant. I have traveled frequently all my life and eat seafood regularly in restaurants all over the world. My husband & I ordered the same fish entree. When served, the strong fishy smell was overwhelming. I did not even want to taste it but I felt obligated since our friends chose the restaurant. I could only take one bite. Obviously our choice of entrees was a very bad one. It was not fresh. I had to leave the restaurant very quickly because I could not stand the smell any longer. The service was also extremly slow which normally would not bothered me except after waiting so long for our entrees I still had no entree to eat. Very bad experience all around. Would not recommend.

1  Thank mismarple007

Reviewed April 6, 2013

I went to RM when I was walking through the Mandelay Bay. The restaurant is well-appointed, and I sat at the bar. It was stocked with an amazing variety of bitters and other mixers for drinks. I asked the bartender to make me something spicy, and he came up with a beer-based cocktail with some spicy hot sauce and citrus that was quite delicious. The sashimi was extremely fresh and tasty -- better than your average, which is hard to do with simple, sliced fish. And, I started with a simple cucumber salad that was absolutely delicious, too. Rick Moonen, a Top Chef contestant/judge, knows fish and does it extremely well!

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Went here for the first time and it was amazing! We ordered the sampler appetizer it came with lobster, clams oysters, ceviche and crab was so fresh. Rick Moonan was there. He was super nice and took a pic with us. Highly recommend.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Had steamed clams in white wine....were the small cherrystones. Very small sweet and tender...loved them. Cucumber salad is excellent and cost effective. Had tower of cold shellfish and oysters. Was excellent. Snow crab was sweet, lobster was not overcooked and rubbery. Oysters were magnificent. Especially the Moonstones from CT.

Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

Oysters and martinis were the way to start. Followed by more of the freshest seafood i have ever had. Wonderful meal. Wonderful environment. Wonderful service.