“Not worth it if paying full price”
Review of Chuck Jones Experience - CLOSED

Chuck Jones Experience
Reviewed May 31, 2013

My husband and I went to Las Vegas for the Memorial Day weekend. This is not our first visit to Las Vegas but it was for the Chuck Jones Experience. I purchased the Las Vegas Power Pass which for a flat fee, entitles you to free admission to over 25 attractions including the Chuck Jones Experience.

Being a Looney Tunes fan, I was quite excited to see this place. The regular entrance fee is $20/pp and it includes a 90 minute documentary. We skipped the documentary and immediately went to see the exhibits. The exhibits included a few statues of the looney tunes character, sketches and paintings. It must have took us 20 minutes to finish seeing it all. Ofcourse, like all attractions, it ends at the gift shop.

I was so disappointed at the Chuck Jones Experience. I did not exactly pay the entrance fee but I sure feel bad for those who have. It is definitely not worth the regular price unless you get it with a Groupon of some sort.

It is OVERRATED.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Found a GROUPON for this attraction. Worth it for the price of the Groupon, but not full price. I was the only one there. The movie that is shown about Chuck Jones life was already on History or PBS.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

You should check out the Chuck Jones Experience only if...

✓ You REALLY want to see his sketches. There are over 60 sketches to browse through. Recommended for those interested in drawing cartoons.

✓ If you or a kid plan to sketch a cartoon from the sketches you see there. That might be a fun experience.

✓ You want to watch the FULL documentary and actually can stay to watch the full documentary. They play "Chuck Jones - Extremes and In-Betweens, a Life in Animation" (1953). It's outrageously expensive if you buy it new ($50+), and can be found used for $8-$50.

✓ If you catch a deal ($10 or less). I paid $8 through Groupon.

Avoid if...

- You have to pay full price!

- If you're going with your family or a large group. This is one of those stops where one person might check it out while the rest of the group goes shopping or gets something to eat. It's VERY unlikely that more than 1 or 2 people will enjoy the exhibit. You might even want to send one person in before paying for 2+ people.

- This places has little to offer kids. The main interactive set up is with the Roadrunner where you can sit on his back to pose for a photo, but the Roadrunner isn't the most popular cartoon... I don't understand why they didn't have a Grinch to pose next to.

Bottom Line: This is a quick gallery if you don't watch the documentary. It's also very empty, which I liked since I could lay on the bench to watch the documentary. The employees seemed confused as to why I would spend my time & money there. That would have been my cue to run if I didn't already have the Groupon.

You can have fun if you're really determined to. I had a nice time. There isn't much else aside from buying lunch or buying a souvenir that you can do with $8, so it might be worth checking out. Then again, it might be better worth your money to buy the souvenir...

Reviewed April 2, 2013

My family was excited to participate in the Chuck Jones Experience but it wasn't what we expected at all. There are a few interactive areas but mostly pictures of the development of characters with tidbits of info attached. There was a 90 min film that we skipped (kids couldn't sit that long), and a couple short ones. In the end you get to try to sketch characters by following instructions in a book. Unless you absolutely must know about these cartoons, I'd skip it and go to Universal Studios or Disney.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I used a Groupon to see the Chuck Jones Experience at Circus Circus during my recent visit to Vegas. The Groupon was a good value and I don't think I would have wanted to pay full price for what I saw. If you grew up on Bugs Bunny, this is a must see. The main part of the exhibit are the clips of the cartoons Chuck Jones did with commentary form him and others about his impact on the cartoon industry and the underlying stories behind the clips. I only saw about 30 minutes of the clips and then went to view the exhibit. Most of what you'll see are his drawings from several of the cartoons he did that were donated my his family. Most are pencil drawings. The only problem I had was that the writing on the placards explaining the art was so small you had to get right up on it to read it. Maybe that was the point. The exhibit is in the back of Circus Circus past Adventuredome.

If you take the monorail to Circus Circus, get off at the LVH stop(not the Sahara stop as the sign says). From there, it's about a 15 minute brisk walk up Riviera Blvd. to the hotel. The area is not well populated, so be careful if walking alone or at night.