“Beautiful ”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: The Strip
Cross street: Las Vegas Boulevard South at Sands Avenue
Description: Star chef Devin Hashimoto, whose talent for marrying Japanese flavors with French technique earned critical raves as chef de cuisine at Alex Stratta’s five-star temple of haute French dining, now brings his deft modern touch to the Mizumi experience. Like its sister restaurants at Wynn and Encore, Mizumi is dramatic to the eye, a sweeping space framed by panoramic views of a tranquil lagoon and Zen-like gardens. Sliding glass panels open onto two majestic waterfalls, each cascading into a shimmering koi-filled pond. A diverse range of imaginative and authentic dining experiences are available here - from Hashimoto’s a la carte menu of creations both classic and trendy to the authentic robata grill cooking, the more theatrical teppan yaki room where chefs prepare multi-course dinners tableside, or the superb sushi and sashimi bar offerings. With its iconic waterfalls, stunning décor creative Japanese fare, this oasis of tranquility offers world-class dining in the heart of Wynn.
Reviewed February 15, 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is beautiful. The food is pricy but the quality match what you pay for. We ordered the Brussels sprouts for appetizer and it was so good. If only I can do flash fry at home. I ordered the sushi platter and the sashimi was all delicious. Our waiter was attentive and very helpful in suggesting the meals. It is definitely a place to go for special occasions.

Date of visit: February 2017
1  Thank catherinema9
Write a reviewReviews (707)

Reviewed February 14, 2017

I met some friends here that were just finishing their meals so I was a bit pressed for time when I ordered. I just ordered simple things but they were good. The staff was really great and attentive knowing I came late to the party. The food was served quickly and was very good. I would like to come back here and sit in the dining room and enjoy the full experience. I did feel that the two rolls I ordered had a LOT of rice on them. I understand rice is a part of sushi rolls but it was way more than I am used to.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed February 9, 2017

What a great experience! I've been visited other hibachi restaurants, but they fall short of Mizumi! From the moment I walked into the restaurant, until I walked out the door, I was made to feel welcome. This staff should write a book on customer service; they excell! There were four in my party, and the Chilean bass, sirloin and scallops were all delicious. Each dinner came with soup, salad, rice/noodles, vegetables and dessert. Not to be missed is their chocolate mast dessert, exquisite!

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed February 1, 2017

Usually when you order sushi in Vegas it's insulting as to the size of the pieces almost transparent

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed February 1, 2017

We hadn't been to a Japanese restaurant in some time so we were really looking forward to trying Mizumi. The atmosphere is a little on the weird side, in that the décor (which is beautiful) is very Japanese yet the background music was loud and primarily impersonators doing classic Michael Jackson, etc., hits. Didn't really work for us.

The bar was well stocked and the bartenders knew their cocktails. The cocktails were a bit over priced, but hey it's Vegas.

We were seated next to the window overlooking the Koi pond which was very pleasant. The wine steward knew his Saki and made an excellent selection for us that was, I thought, reasonably priced for its quality.

Dinner was a pretty big disappointment however. After the raw oysters which were superb we were really excited to taste the balance of our order, however things quickly went downhill. The specialty sushi roll had no flavor at all save the cucumber wrap which was overwhelming. Next was the shrimp and vegetable tempura which also had no flavor, though to be fair it was cooked perfectly. The platter with the skewered fish and pork was ok, nothing special. Our final entrée was chicken tempura which was good, but again nothing special.

The service was quite good in that the waiter and bus were very attentive and the food came timely as it was prepared, it's just that it wasn't as good as it should have been for where it was; Wynn in Las Vegas.

Date of visit: January 2017