“Terrible casino”

and up
Las Vegas Club Crawl Experience
Ranked #188 of 461 things to do in Las Vegas
Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

After months of searching online for the best casino in Las Vegas my wife and i decided to stay at Palms place because it was affordable and next to palms casino resort , im not a hardcore gambler but i wanted to try my luck in Vegas im from Dallas Texas and the closest casino its about a 90 min drive so i do some gambling every once in a while . We got there January 25th around 11 30 am , i was ready hit the slot machines and poker table but decided to do other activities first . Well its about 1 am in the morning i decided to hit the casino , i was excited and ready to gamble , first night in town so i was ready to pull an all nighter gambling , its a 4-5 min walk from palms place to the casino floor so i took a beer with me for the road lol , i figured once i start playing the slot machines and poker drinks wont stop coming right , WRONG...... I get there hit the atm got $100.00 hit the 25c video poker machine 2 min go by and the offered me a drink , i told the cocktail waitress not now i a little bit because i was still drinking the beer i took from my room, well that was the one and only time they offered me a drink . I stayed there for about 3 hrs got bored and decided to call it a night , i only spent about $60.00 out of $700.00 that i brought with me to gamble . You know everyone that goes to Las Vegas to gamble expects free drinks while gambling but lets be honest "theres no such thing as a free lunch" considering i always tip the the ladies in La vegas anywhere from $3.00 to $5.00 per drink so in theory i wasnt a free drink , but at least it feels good when they offered a drink just for playing you know but apparently at Palms Casino resort they dont care about taking care of their customers, and thats how i felt ignored and they disappointed me bad , i had high expectations and they all went down the drain , at the end of the night it was their lost i kept my money and took it somewhere else , the cocktail ladies lost some good tips and they lost a customer forever so with that being said i do not recommend Palms casino at all , go to Rio casino across the street nice , talkative , helpful ppl there and drinks never stop coming , i was there with my wife i was the only one playing and they always brought a beer for me and sex on the beach for my lady , thats what i call customer service .........

1  Thank jesusbecerril

Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

While the place was nice enough, there are so many little things wrong or missing it drove me crazy. Checkin was a nightmare because another couple made the reservation, and had to go through 2 managers to get someone to help. They charge a resort fee and then charge you for everything included in the fee. Soda machine doesnt work. Everything is a fight. Banquets lent us a 6 ft tablecloth no priblem, but try and get room service for a meal from one of the restaurants.

Considering all the high end competition in Las Vegas this was a sad experience.

I would not return.

1  Thank ReeveC
Reviewed January 21, 2014

nice variety of games to choose from. The layout is great. casino very clean and the cocktail servers very attentive and friendly. we had good luck on the slots and stayed and played here for 3 days was a blast.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

But out of the way from the strip. But me n the missus have had a walk round there twice as it isn't far from the rio when we went to see penn and teller. It's a nice hotel and the casino is actually at the front doors so there are actual windows in this casino!
Girlfriend wanted to see this place because of the Britney Spears video but yeah it is nice

Reviewed November 6, 2013

My husband and I stopped in to check out the Palms because neither of us had been there in years. The casino is very pretty and the dealers are great. We like to have fun when we gamble and if you have a dealer who doesn't talk, it's not very much fun. That seems to be the norm in many casinos these days. The dealers at the Palms were very nice and kept us entertained because they actually engaged in conversation. The pit bosses were friendly as well. If you want to actually have fun gambling the Palms is a great choice.