“Amazing breakfasts!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Wine 5 Cafe - CLOSED

Wine 5 Cafe
Cuisines: American, African
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cheyenne & Tenaya
Description: A fusion of classic American dishes with exotic spices from Kenya make this the most unique restaurant in Las Vegas.
“Amazing breakfasts!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

A jewel in the desert!!! the food is some of the best Ive had in Las Vegas. Exceptional service., warm and inviting...the food incredible...the price? a bargain. I always have the Farmer's Splendid breakfast! OHMYGOSH...Ive tried to expand what I order but I keep returning to that. The coffee is GREAT! We love this place, in fact we are going again tomorrow morning!

• Visited October 2013
Michael N, Owner at Wine 5 Cafe, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
You can never have too much of a good thing, right, Deborah? We're glad to hear that's the Farmer's Splendid Breakfast for you. When you're craving that and a good cup of coffee, just head to our little oasis in Vegas! -- 'Til next time, Michael N., Owner

El Paso
“Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I enjoyed a great meal tonight. We started with an appetizer that had ground beef and spinach with a thin crispy shell. Hot sauce on the side that was both sweet and hot. We then decided to split the W5C Mixed grille with brown rice and all was very good with plenty of food for the two of us. If you are in the area you should check this place out.

Visited September 2013
Michael N, Owner at Wine 5 Cafe, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
So happy to hear you and your wife had such a great time with us last fall. Next time you're in Vegas, we'd love to cook you two another tasty meal. -- Best, Michael N., Owner
“Great Find, MDR”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

My wife and I found this place by accident - we were lucky. This restaurant is excellent, the food looks great when it is brought to the table, it is decorated to be appealing. The menu is broad and the waiters well help in the selection. The food has great flavor and the portions are adequate. The prices are moderate and you get value for the price. We are going back to try some of the other dishes.

• Visited July 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
“A getaway right around the corner.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

This tiny little restaurant is tucked away in an unassuming shopping center next to a Target. When you walk in you are transported. Inside it is dressed up as a French Bistro. The menu is extensive with lots of choices, but I saw not miss the Nairobi inspired dishes and the South African wine selections.
Michael enjoyed the Salmon and I had the Chicken Curry and we both ordered dinner salads. The food is beautifully presented and the Chicken curry was so filling that I had to take some home. We also were able to enjoy a Moscato and Pinotage both from South Africa. Elijah in the kitchen made beautiful and delicious food and the service was very good.
The prices are reasonable, so you can make this a week day outing, although the food is good enough for romantic weekend dinner.
And...they do also serve breakfast! They are open 7 am to 10 pm.

• Visited May 2013
Saginaw, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent, Well-Seasoned Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

This is a smallish Kenyan fusion restaurant located in a store front in a strip mall in North Las Vegas near several hotels and a large hospital. Easily accessible. The dining area has a simple, comfortable classic decor but not stuffy. The wait staff is very attentive and helpful. I ordered the pork chops with mashed potatoes. The presentation was beautiful. Two pork chops with lightly sauteed carrot strips, asparagus spears and whole green beans stacked on top. The pork chops and vegetables were on top of the mashed potatoes with gravy. There was a well seasoned small side of spinach and some sort of african bread on the plate. The pork chops were not the typical steak house type but were tender, thoroughly cooked and very well seasoned; which can be said for all of the food--very tasty. No additional seasoning of salt/pepper needed. For the amount of food the meal was well priced. There is a nice listing of wines available by the glass or bottle (I wasn't in the wine mood so I did not order). I halved the meal and had the rest for lunch the following day. The desserts (I was too full to order, but I saw two of them served) were beautiful. The strawberry shortcake looked like it would serve a family of 8 (served to a table of 2) and the fruit with chantilly cream looked delicious. I would highly recommend this restaurant for the quality of food and the reasonable price. If you are in a hurry, don't come here. Come here to enjoy the company and the meal.

• Visited May 2013