“Nice dinner with good live music”

House of Blues Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #217 of 4,850 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: With a menu created by celebrity chef Aaron Sanchez and live music 7 nights a week with no cover charge, House of Blues at the Mandalay Bay Hotel is the place to be. Don't forget our Sunday Gospel Brunch with entertainment programmed by Kirk Franklin and an amazing southern inspired buffet. We celebrate every Sunday at 10am and 1pm. Tickets available at the House of Blues box office or on-line.
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Nice dinner with good live music”
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Good menu options. I had the buffalo chicken salad and my husband had the steak. The food was very good (minus the over cooked snow peas that came with the steak). The cocktails were very good too. We had a good waiter and noticed he had many tables to tend to but was working very efficiently.

• Korean first
Montreal
“Can't believe this is a House of Blues”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

I can't believe the H of B chain can let its reputation be sullied by this establishment.

It started when I decided to see a Doors cover band called Strange Days. I purchased my ticket, went in and found out that the ticket was only for entrance. If you wanted to sit at a table there was a $50.00 sitting charge per couple and you were required to purchase a minimum $75.00 of drinks.

This wasn't a well-known group - it was a tribute band that no one has ever heard of. It was barely worth the price of admission, never mind an extra $125.00 to be allowed to sit.

After the show, I decided to eat at the restaurant.

Big mistake.

In the restaurant, there was a 90's tribute band, called Singles, playing. They weren't too bad but way too loud for the size of the space they were in. I'm lucky the waiter could hear what I wanted to order - which, by the way, was mediocre at best. I've eaten at a few H of B so I knew what to expect. This wasn't it.

I had the Jambalaya which, if it wasn't for the spice, would be totally tasteless. I followed it up with a piece of Key Lime pie which was lacking the pre-requisite tang of lime. I've had better tasting lime pudding.

When the bill came, another surprise. A 10% tax that the hotel is charging to cover the live event i.e. that 90's cover band. Along with the NV sales tax that made a tax rate of 18% - ridiculous!!!! Over 10.00 in tax and tip alone.

Head office should check into this location - and fix it quickly - before it drags down the chain.

• Visited June 2014
Pickering, Canada
“BBQ bacon cheeseburger was fantastic”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

We visited for lunch as a party of two last week. When we were first seated, I worried for a moment that I had made a mistake. I was wrong. Service was fast and friendly and the food was very good. I had the BBQ bacon cheeseburger and it was fantastic. Would definitely return!

• Visited June 2014
Sasha R, Public Relations Manager at House of Blues Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Hello!

We recently read your review about your visit to Crossroads at House of Blues in Las Vegas and I wanted to personally send out a note to say thank you for sharing your experience with us! I appreciate you giving us a chance and for following up your visit with your guest experience.

We value your opinion and are happy that we could make your visit a memorable one, especially the Burger!

We hope to see you again soon!

Thanks again,
Sasha
Buffalo, New York
“Great spot for inexpensive food”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Food was not exceptional but the atmosphere is great, laid back with live music and not over the top expensive for casino food. We had a large group and had drinks, apps , dinner and dessert and the check was not outrageous.

Visited June 2014
Sudbury, Canada
“Best service in las vegas”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

The service here at the house of blues was second to none. Our waiter was D'Andre and I can say, what attention to detail. the meal was excellent, a little pricey but the service made up for it. Went back twice this visit and will go back next time.

Visited June 2014
Hello!

We recently read your review about your visit to Crossroads at House of Blues in Las Vegas and I wanted to personally send out a note to say thank you for sharing your experience with us! Thank you for calling out D'Andre, we love our staff!

We value your opinion and are happy that we could make your visit a memorable one (2x times)!!

We hope to see you again soon!

Thanks again,