“Love it! We go all of the time.”
Review of Chocolate & Spice Bakery - CLOSED

Chocolate & Spice Bakery
Description: New to Las Vegas. Great breakfast and lunch. Reviewed in Vegas Seven may 17 - 23, 2012 magazine .
Las Vegas
“Love it! We go all of the time.”
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Chef Romano and her staff do an amazing job. The food and desserts use good quality ingredients and never disappoints. They offer both healthy and comfort food options, which makes it easy to go with a group. Her chocolates are amazing. My favorite dessert is the Brownie Parfait.

• Visited June 2013

Las Vegas, Nevada
“Even if on a diet”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

A small, almost intimate place known primarily by locals, serves the usual sandwiches but in a very tasty way. However good the food is, don't miss the pastries! Life is too short not to enjoy some of the greatest chocolate and other delicacies baked on the premises and ready to become habit forming.

• Visited April 2013
Henderson, Nevada
“Comfortable space, good lunch, disappointed with one dessert”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My co-worker had given me a pastry from this place for my birthday and it was awesome. Sorry, I don't remember which one it was. So when we wanted to venture out for lunch and he suggested this place, I was all up for it. So a few of us made the trek from downtown.

We all really liked the decor and the ambience. Very comfortable little place. We stood in line to order and it seemed to be a bit disorganized and the folks behind the counter seemed frazzled. I ordered the half soup / half sandwich deal with onion soup and the ham panini. Everything was tasty and my co-workers liked theirs as well.

I decided to get a treat to go since it was Valentine's Day. I got a macaroon and a truffle pop for my daughter.

Fast forward to later that night. I gave my daughter the truffle pop and she was so excited, but when she bit into it she looked at me and said "Mom what is this? It's gross" So I figured she was just being a kid and I took a bite and it was totally weird. I thought when they said truffle pop that there would be some type of other gooey chocolate inside, but it was this cream -colored substance that had no taste and had a really unappetizing consistency - very gelatinous. We were both disappointed and had to throw it away. Then I had some of the macaroon. It was good, not amazing. But I may have messed it up by putting it in the fridge, I think it would have been better at room temperature. My co-worker also had the macaroon and loved it.

So overall, I liked the place and liked the lunch, but I was really disappointed in the pop. I think I will return to give it another shot though.

• Visited February 2013
Kensington, CT
“No macaroons for you”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Meghan waited on us and her daughter was running around the kitchen on the day we visited. I was disappointed to discover they were out of French macaroons, but managed to soothe my hurt feelings by sharing a mini lemon meringue pie with my wife. Note to self - the fresh baked scones looked delicious. The bakery restaurant is nicely appointed and offers a variety of seating options.

• Visited October 2012
“Definitely worth a visit!”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

CHOCOLATE-gasm!!! Oh, my! Was craving sweets during a weekend trip in Vegas anddrove 14 miles from my hotel (next to the airport) just to get to this place and boy, they did not disappoint! We tried the hazelnut torte, a chocolate dome cake (my fave) and another chocolate dessert with a macaroon on top and we were so impressed that we bought more for to go. The coffee was great too! The place is cute and cozy, prices were very reasonable compared to the high-priced pattisserie on the LV strip, & service was fantastic! IIt has now been added of "must-do" when in Vegas.

It's too bad that this place is 4.5hr drive from Los Angeles. Otherwise, I'd probably make a visit once a week.

• Visited August 2012