Celine Dion at the Colosseum at Caesars Palace
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Celine”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Good show. My spouse loved it. She has very nice legs that she showed to purfection. Celine is definitely a performer. Buy your tickets from the caesars colluseum website.

1 Thank Fuad_12

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Guelph, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Amazing voice, excellent production”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I saw the show in January, and Celine and the orchestra put on an excellent performance. She connected with the audience with humour and class, looked elegant and her voice was excellent. The venue is wonderful, there is not a bad seat in the place. I was able to get seats for $55 (plus service charge) and the view was still very good. I enjoyed the song selection, which included some cover songs as well as some of her classics. Excellent experience, looking forward to seeing other entertainers at Colosseum at Caesars Palace in the future.

Visited January 2013
Pico Rivera, California
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“saw her in 2007”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Wasn't top on my list of shows to see, however, I was completely blow away by her show. This girl has some powerful pipes!

1 Thank Wandering B
Toronto, Canada
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Wow”
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Watched Celine last feb 2012 , was my first ever concert lol my wife and I enjoyed every moment ,song , the show was amazing tickets are well worth the price she's such an entertainer ,humble and enjoys her audience bravo Celine Merci for a great show p.s wat a voice

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“The Age of the Lip Sync”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I admit I love the big divas - Mariah, Whitney, Celine, and can tell a live vs lipped performance in a second. I guess the unfortunate thing is that we're in an age where singers have to lip sync because we expect nothing short of perfection. It used to be an Ashlee Simpson joke but now it's commonplace. And the technology to record a live-sounding performance is excellent now, so there's no way to tell audibly if the singing is live or not but to read their performance. Indeed, during the "duet" with herself, there's no way to tell the difference between the "live" voice and the recorded one. This may all just be super-fan fodder, but when you go from a lovely warm-up - and completely live - opening of Open Arms which is much more soft and subdued than her recorded version, to a balls-to-the-wall rendition of Where Does My Heart Beat Now with absolutely no mic play during the bigger notes, well, even my non-diva-loving companion said she was lip-synching.

This made me look forward to the softer songs, the jazz number, the Seventeen song, the opening parts of the big numbers that she could sing live with no problem. But when the recorded big notes started to swell, sure I was disappointed, but I can't fault her for it. It's supposed to be perfect. Look at poor Whitney, who could have lipped her whole last tour, who was lambasted and publicly shamed for not being able to hit the high notes that people wanted her to hit. Her performances were all over the world news and YouTube. That pressure must be massive and probably contributed to her demise.

Would Celine suffer the same? She hasn't missed a single step in her career or her private life. What would people do if they didn't hear that her voice could, ahem, go on?

Lip-synching is the new photoshop: make it perfect and they'll buy it.

But I'm only docking this show one star for the lipped portions. I'd like to dock it another for the misguided Stevie Wonder duet, but I can't possibly give the production, sans Celine, any less than 4 stars because it was seamless, flawless, like watching an Oscar production that had been edited for perfection. Everything was like water - the curtains, the sets, the band, everything flowed in and out so beautifully that when the finale finally rains in it all makes sense.

A gorgeous production with a great set list of some timeless songs by one of the classiest and most beloved singers of our time at the helm, if not altogether in full voice at all times.

7 Thank TripDinks