“Itching all night.”

Ranked #121 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
New York, NY
“Itching all night.”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel for probably 3 years on and off due to my company placing me here. I have never had the problem I am having here now. This is my second time staying here this month and both times, once I hop in bed for the night, I get itching all over my body. It's bad enough that it wakes me up. I checked in the bed to make sure it wasn't bed bugs, and I didn't find any. So my only other guess is that at some point they switch to a detergent for their sheets and towels. Whatever it is, its a new experience here and it's awful. Why stay in a hotel if you can't sleep there?

1 Thank James C
TeraBarr, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Las Vegas South, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
I'm so sorry for your recent stays regarding the itching. Please get in touch with us before your next stay so we can try and find an alternative of cleaning the linens so you do not experience this next time. Thank you for making us aware of this.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 23, 2013

As a Marriott Rewards person, I know what to expect at each place I stay. This Fairfield was no exception. We arrived a bit early and were checked right in. We stayed in a spacious 1st floor suite with nice high ceilings. After a night out on the town, I was able to sleep for 9 hours without interruption... 3 more than I normally get. The mini-store had plenty of water, ice cream and medicine. Everyone was very cordial and helpful. I will definately return.

Room Tip: You might hear airport take-offs if the A/C is off. The 1st floor was quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time out to review our hotel and your recent stay. I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us and that we met your needs. I, as well, like the first floor due to the higher ceilings. We hope to see you again in the near future!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 21, 2013

This location is an excellent choice to enjoy the Las Vegas experience. Its close enough to the strip for easy convience with a shuttle service, and the customer service is very friendly and they are very willing to make your trip much more enjoyable

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

TeraBarr, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Las Vegas South, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I will share your comments with our staff! We hope to see you again soon.
Murrieta, California
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Stayed here for a weekend convention. Loved the free wifi, shuttle and breakfast. Our group of 4 needed a refrigerator as one of our guests has special dietary needs. They helped out and immediately changed rooms for us. We appreciated the upgraded room without the extra cost.
Great for a business or family traveler.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at our hotel. I am happy to see we were able to accommodate the special request of your other guest. We hope to see you again soon!
Colorado
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Arrived very late at night and interrupted the night auditors personal phone call to which his body language did not agree with serving guests. and it got worse after I came down to buy items in the market area about 20 minutes later, as he made it very clear he was being bothered, due to his comments he made to the person on the phone. The hallways and rooms are in need of a complete remodel, the tv/cable selections were very nice, the breakfast looked good, and the morning staff was very friendly and caring, and the outside of the building was very well cared for overall not sure if I would stay here again but it was worth a shot.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank MWATT
TeraBarr, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Las Vegas South, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post about your recent experience at our hotel. I did speak with you upon check out that day and I have since spoken with the staff regarding your experience so that we can learn from our mistakes and make the next's guests stay even more enjoyable. Thank you for your comments regarding our breakfast and morning staff being satisfactory. Please let us know when you will be in the area again.
Estero, Florida
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Not the grand casino hotel, small convenient , located near the strip. Free wifi, free shuttle to strip, free breakfast and clean rooms. Great for a budget. Free parking, cheap gas nearby. Agree with another review. We are on 3 rd floor and sounds like Riverdance is performing above us. Other guests often have no clue about being respectful. If I know who they are I'd flatten their tires.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of your positive experience at our hotel other than the loud neighbors above you. If you come back to our hotel in the future, please let us know and we will try our best to get you on the top floor.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I have no complaints about the hotel it is just the guest that stay there is a problem. I feel that if you are in a room over someone else head you should not act like you are home.. I as well as someone else paid to be in there room to so you should respect someone else as you would want them to respect you. I was on the second flood and there was times when I thought the people over me was coming throw the floor and land on me. They did not care what time it was at nite or morning you would think they where playing ball. So beside the quest over my head the stay was good. Room clean, pool clean, and breakfast was pretty good so I would stay here again if needed or had to.

Room Tip: Just think about someone is under you in a room if you are on the second floor and up.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. I do apologize that the people that were occupying the room above you were anything but quiet. If you do come back to our area, please let us know and we will try our best to get your room on the top floor.