“If you have to be in Las Vegas...”

Courtyard Las Vegas South
Ranked #105 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Seattle
“If you have to be in Las Vegas...”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I only travel to Las Vegas for business meetings (not a vacation destination for myself) and this Marriott has some very friendly staff and a small but nicely set up fitness center which is important to me.

Room Tip: High floor number and use the stairs instead of the elevator.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
fl
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Have been in Vegas before but tried this hotel, cheaper at $550 a night and right across the convention center (work trip) and also, the monorail station where a three day pass is $28. This hotel was much quieter than being on the strip. Good for the "wind down" at the end of a busy day. No loud partying people in the hallways, although there is a nice little bar in the lobby with small restaurant No casino here but a short walk to the LVH. I will stay here again. Have to buy breakfast but they do have food coolers with good choices, which I used alot.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 1, 2012

This is a convenient location if you have business in Vegas but don't want to fuss with the big hotels. The design is new a fresh and the room was very comfortable. The breakfast buffet was quick, convenient, and well prepared.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Niceville, Florida
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Treated like a king by every staff member here - superior customer service. Really raised my evaluation of an otherwise standard Courtyard property.

As mentioned in the title, very convenient to both the In-N-Out Burger on W Tropicana and the rental car return facility. Additional benefit of being just down from the outlet malls and the food nearby (Chipotle, Canes, and NY Pizza being personal faves)

Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank rwethereyet850
Castle Pines, Colorado
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We normally love Courtyards. This one appeared perfect... great location, nice pool, etc. We only stayed here for one night on a drive to San Diego. The real problem with our stay was the noise in our room. We have no idea what the banging was all night. At first we thought we might be close to a basketball court or something. In the end, I'm guessing it was the plumbing. Perhaps we were near the laundry? In any case, it was a very rough night of sleep for our family. We have young children so the airplane noise continued well past their bedtime. Then, I ended up having to use earplugs to drown out the banging that continued all night. We will try a different hotel next summer.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Anchored
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Stayed 8 nights here and every day I was treated like customers should be treated. A shout out goes to Dillon, Robert & Phillip; who I spoke with the most during my stay. I had a small shower head leak, I reported it to Dillon and it was fixed the same day when I returned from work. The staff was great and no complaints. The shuttle service takes you to the Airport (Anytime); but won't pick you up (something about permits). On the half hour it will take you to the Mandalay Bay or town square mall. On the top of the hour the New York New York. So getting to the Las Vegas Strip is free and easy. Restaurant food was well prepared although the nights I chose to eat; it seemed slow on the service side. But don't worry, you will get plenty of flyers under your door for local places that deliver. :) Rooms are clean and kept up well. I would recommend this hotel for longer or shorter stays. The prices are right, with no resort fees, just room and tax. Thanks for reading. Video of room on my your tube channel.

Pros
- Location

- Great Staff!

- FREE Shuttle

- Restaurant food

Cons:

- No Real View to speak about

- Close to the interstate & airport (2 nights to get used to planes)
- Restaurant service

Marriott Gold Rewards Member

RetiredArmyRANGER

Room Tip: Always ask for an upgrade or top floor near the stairs! :)
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We stayed at the Courtyard South because it was close to the airport and we were looking for an affordable option that was still close to the strip.

The Courtyard did not disappoint. We arrived there Saturday afternoon around 1pm, with the plan to walk the strip for a short time before the late Garth Brook's concert and an early flight our Sunday. I informed the manager at the desk that we were on our honeymoon and he immediately upgraded us to a suite. Totally unexpected and completely appreciated!

Our suite was two rooms, the first one had a couch, a mini bar counter, desk and tv. The bedroom had a large king bed and large flat screen tv. Both rooms were very clean and well taken care of.

As my husband and I were getting ready for our night on the town, there was a knock at the door and it was the concierge with a letter from the manager congratulating and wishing us well along with a bottle of champagne. Really nice surprise!

We only spent a short amount of time at the hotel, really just got there, got ready and then slept there but the room was very nice and the bed was very comfortable.

I would totally recommend the hotel if you are looking to be close to the strip and airport without breaking the bank.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple