“It's ok”
Review of Tod Motor Motel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Las Vegas
Tod Motor Motel
Reviewed February 12, 2012

This place is ok, they've done the best they can do with it. I stayed in a 6 bed dorm, the "Excalibur" room. Apart from being old and slightly run down, it's clean and social enough. It's a little bit above the main part of the Strip, but the Deuce bus (which is 24 hrs) goes right to it so no huge issue there. Walking from the corner to the my room though could've been more enjoyable, but we managed. The only reason I wish I had stayed on the Strip instead of here was because of the experience staying on the Strip. Staff was friendly and helpful when I asked for advice, common area was fine. My major fault was no lockers in the room. Otherwise, it's an ok stay.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed January 17, 2012

We were just staying one night in Las Vegas start looking for a reasonable rate by driving up to motels in this area and asking to see the rooms, this one seemed to be the cleanest one so we stayed. Once we were in our room the lamps did not work so lighting was bad. In the end we woke up around 6:15 a.m. to find our door was slightly open, as the doors don't automatically lock you have to manually lock the door. Needless to say someone came into our room and took my overnight bag which they probably thought was a purse. It had some precious hair barrettes and a silver braclet in it, which are one of kind. Next time I go to Vegas I am staying in a secure hotel, bottom line! The owner didn't even seem to care too much that this happened!

Room Tip: Just make sure you manually lock door before you fall asleep!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Rose J
Reviewed December 28, 2011

If what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, this is probably where 'it' stayed. I didn't rate this place that much and the location is veering towards seedy, close to the stratosphere or not. Ah wait, it's Vegas - expect seedy. The room walls are whitewashed blocks, the bathroom clean, the sleep quality average. I was close to the road but not disturbed by noise. I didn't feel too safe walking back here late at night past the winos but to be fair, that's the city not the motel and no matter who you are, you need a walk in the dark! (thanks David Byrne)
There was exposed wiring from the plug socket behind the bed head and I regret not mentioning it to the manager (Bob?) who was a really nice guy, very friendly/ funny and helpful to me and to some Asian people struggling with the language, I'm confident he would have sorted the plug. Wifi available. ATM in the foyer and the usual tourist literature.
I was only here one night and on a budget. As such, it served it's purpose well enough, it was certainly a good deal financially and the friendly reception was a bonus. So my advice is take it at face value, a cheap motel within walking distance of the strip and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank maddoghere4d
Reviewed November 16, 2011

Spent a couple of nights with my friend. Good budget option with great staff (Bob rocks!! And so does Pancake Lady), good breakfast and a nice pool. It's between the strip and downtown and close to Stratosphere tower. I recommend taking the 24 hour bus for $7.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank BernieSt
Reviewed September 17, 2011

We spent a couple of nights at Tod Motel and had a great time here. It's right on the Strip and you can catch the shuttle bus along to all the bars and attractions for $7 for 24 hours. Bob on reception is very helpful and friendly and I would recommend this place to anyone who is travelling on a budget (as we are) as it's great value for money. The breakfast was plentiful (thank you breakfast lady!) and doesn't end until 11am so you get to lie-in!

Room Tip: Ground floor, double room en-suite if you can.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2011

My best friend and I are around 24 years old and went on a month long road trip all over out west (we're from Wisconsin). And Vegas was definitely on the list! The way the trip was going, we left Cali and headed into Vegas for a weekend! We had some difficulty booking a room online (perhaps because we aren't a hostel member?) but I just called instead. The man answered and was very friendly and I was having trouble deciding between a dorm or private room (hostels make me a little nervous--and the prospect of being at one in a HUGE city made me more nervous). But he told me for the price ($15/night per person plus an extra $3 a person since we aren't hostel members--which wasn't a big deal--for being on the strip or anywhere that was a bargain!), the dorm is the way to go and he assured me that there's plenty of room and that it's very safe and secure and that we can have a girls dorm. So I booked for 2 nights. The drive into Vegas was tedious with all the traffic but when we got to TOD's there was plenty of space in the parking lot to park (thank God! I didn't want to have to look for parking on the strip!) When we got inside to get our key, it was the same guy I had talked to on the phone and he remembered me. As he was checking us in, we ended up talking about our trip thus far and where we were from and about the Green Bay Packers for awhile! When we got into our girls dorm, we were only sharing with 2 other girls who were either out on the strip or quiet and resting so it was nice. The room also has it's own bathroom and kitchen! Everything was neat, clean and nice and I was so glad they had an air-conditioner! They also have a great pool that's secured in a gate but all you have to do is go ask the front desk man for the key. During the day, my friend and I stayed by the pool (and met all sorts of new, nice and interesting people!) and at night we just took the Deuce bus further down the strip. I liked that the hostel was on the strip but not where all the crowds necessarily are. It's close to the Stratosphere, and you COULD walk down the strip if you wanted but just make sure you wear comfortable shoes. Also, Tod's is next to a pizza place and also Dino's last neighborhood bar (they do karaoke and the drinks are the cheapest I found in Vegas!). And anytime we had questions or needed directions, the guy at the front was always friendly and helpful.

So overall, friendly & helpful staff, nice cozy and clean rooms and amenities, AMAZING pool, and I felt safe and at home the whole time. I wanted to stay longer and I will definitely be coming back!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank LostNFound313
Reviewed July 19, 2011

This hostel was only $15/night so you can't expect too much. I was pleasantly surprised by the nice pool, free wifi, free breakfast (bagels, toast, staff who will make you pancakes!). The 6 bed dorm was spacious and I shared it with only 2 other people. It was clean and on the bed was a towel and handtowel and toothpaste and the room had an ensuite bathroom.

Location is a bit far to walk to the main attractions on the strip, so get a bus day pass for 7$. The hostel is very close to the Stratosphere though.

Staff was really nice and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo