“Las Vegas - Sagebrush ranch - terrible, false advertising no ranch”
Review of Sagebrush Ranch

Sagebrush Ranch
More attraction details
Owner description: We are located in the NW part of Las Vegas, Deer Springs and Jones.
Reviewed March 4, 2007

LAS VEGAS- Terrible, false advertising no ranch

This is terrible, false advertising, calling ASPCA, Channel 8 ,
bought this on ebay, never got my money back. There is no ranch
they took us out on horses that were so tired and could hardly move. No shelter for the horses, then when we were about to go oout, the cook did not show up and we were taken to a 7.99 buffet
and were dumped on about the problems there. I spent my whole day wasted there. No beverages were given at all, no restroom facilities to wash your hands. The dogs had worms and were attacking the dogs. Beware do not waste your money

9  Thank debsteve45

Reviewed December 26, 2006

i can't add anymore to what has already been said except that all the "cowboys" were homies from Detroit and some had rap sheets. There was no real "steak", no desert, no indian, no dreamcatcher, no HEAT, no gas in van, we were left stranded in the desert cold night (december temps 32 degrees) for 45 minutes. To add insult to injury, Orbitz, the company I bought this fiasco through, is giving me the runaround. I am going to to complain to visa next.

10  Thank Cherry G
Reviewed October 8, 2006

August 12, 2006

Ok… nothing like the write up stated…To start the morning, the van was late. But only twenty minutes or so. The ride to the ranch (?) was uneventful. The stop at a “Real Moapa Paiute Indian” souvenir store was in fact a SONOCO truck stop… with all the comforts of… a truck stop. You will find the same souvenirs at any and every shop in any tourist trap town… so much for that part.

Then on to the ranch(?) (n : farm consisting of a large tract of land along with facilities needed to raise livestock) just so you’ll know
A sad collection of make shift corrals, a scattering of mobile homes, several cargo carriers strewn about, and a shanty for a kitchen. The horses were trail nags, and their only interest was in returning to the paddock to endure the heat without a rider. As for riding, that is exactly what we did. We sat on the back of horses as the plodded single file through the desert at a snails pace. The trail was a path toward the interstate, around a hill, across a flat place, then back.

Breakfast on the trail… after riding two hours, you will be treated to a cowboy breakfast… yeah yeah… the reality was after about three hours my group… the ones for breakfast, and the group for the lunch ride were lead back to the… ranch(?) Breakfast was waiting in the shanty kitchen. The items mentioned were all accounted for… pancakes, sausage, eggs, along with hot soft drinks and water. An eggMcMuffin would have been much better
So a quick run down… souvenir shop… please. We did ride horses. Kind of… We did not ride through anything of interest. We did eat breakfast although it was around 12:30 and not on the trail. And it was with another group… not that this was bad… but I imagine they were screwed too.

My recommendation: stay away from these clowns

10  Thank SC_Traveler00
Reviewed October 2, 2006

October 23, 2005. A friend booked this trip for four of us thinking it would be a fun outdoor activity with a cowboy style steak dinner and campfire. He was dead wrong! For what cost over $500 we had to wait a long time for a van to pick us up, endure an hour plus ride with a stop at the last water toilet at a convenience store, and then arrive at a place that looked abandoned with nothing but broken down fences and old wooden buildings. The port-a-potties were plastic. It took a long time for the other van full of people to arrive, then we finally got matched up with horses and before the ride started one man was sitting on a horse that just fell on its side when he pulled the reigns. It looked like he was really hurt but he said he was OK and the cowboys employed there paid no attention to him. At this point I knew my friend really booked a bad trip. So we finally did a really boring trail walk on the horses through creosote bush desert while the "cowboys" bickered amongst themselves. The sun set just as were almost done with this ride, and that was the only thing that looked nice. Back at the "ranch" we tried to eat a horrible steak but could not. The dogs there are very fat because I guess they are used to the steaks because they eat most of them. The campfire was actually a cardboard box that burned in a fire pit and was out very quickly so that the employees and us could get back to town. I will never let my friend pick a Vegas activity again.

14  Thank Westenwanderer