“enjoyed it very much”
Review of Sagebrush Ranch

Sagebrush Ranch
More attraction details
Owner description: We are located in the NW part of Las Vegas, Deer Springs and Jones.
Reviewed October 19, 2004

me and my daughter had a great time at the sagebrush ranch, we went for a lunchtime ride after our helicopter trip and had really enjoyed it. Were picked up from the heliport by elizabeth who was certainly a character,had us in fits of laughter. when we got to the ranch which was in the desert we were shown our horses and a brief riding lesson, must admit i was very nervous to start as i had not riden in years, so was my daughter, but once we got going it was great fun. my behind did suffer the following day though. it was great fun

6  Thank lovers

A TripAdvisor Member
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed September 26, 2004

- Pick up at the hotel was shockingly rude. We were greeted curtly like as if they were doing us a favour. The van was filthy, no seat belts and no air conditioning. Were told to immediately fill a liability waiver sheet which claims that horseback riding is a dangerous activity and could cause serious injury....not a good start seeing as their brochure did some serious hard-selling about it being a breeze for novices!

- The "ranch" was in an appaling state and the horses were in poor condition to put it mildly. Their office was indeed a squatter shack which gives a clear impression of what to expect. We
were told to browse around whilst waiting for others to join ....there was nothing to look at!!!

- Then came the horse ride itself. What can I say......they had the "I dont care as we have your money now" attitude, bad instructions, long ride ( or crawl) to nowhere and the cowboy and cowgirl who accompanied us were nasty to say the least. The cowboy, Luiz was not only loud and obnoxious, he made rude remarks and advances to the women in the trail ride, regardless of whether they were accompanied by their partners or spouse! He was even patronising the male riders. If ignored, he would threaten by agitating the rider's horse and other reckless behaviour. There is a fine line between being funny and friendly and he crossed both! By the way, no one was allowed off the horse to take any pictures and there wasn't a view to take anyway!

- The evening ended with a meal....no need to get into that. It was terrible!

In short, there was absolutely no co-ordination of events AND we definitely were taken for a ride! We feel robbed of $139!!! Needless to say, this matter is definitely going to be escalated to the relevent tourism or fair trading dept!

Please take this seriously and not waste your money on Sagebrush ranch.

12  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 14, 2004

What a joke. I finally decieded to write a review, with prompting from my girlfriend who went with me. If you are looking for a ranch with people and ranch hands-this is NOT it. We took this waaaay to expensive little trip at sunset with BBQ last Aug.2003. Well their is no ranch, just a corral for a bunch of old and a couple of blind horses. We wondered about this mistake when the so called ranch hand could not be at our hotel for a 5pm pick up. He came at 4:45 and then left and came back at 5:30, we were still patiently waiting. He was not even from anywhere born and raised near a ranch. When we arrived at this 1 acre nothing spot we were all, group of 6 of us stuck on very nice, but very over worked old horses. The guide and his wife WERE the ranch hands, the driver was just that, a driver and this couple tried very hard to give us what was advertised. The ride was very slow, mostly in the dark on a very rocky mountain path. The lights of the valley are georgeous and you think about UFO's out their in the middle of nowhere. When we returned back to the so called ranch, this small wood shack was set up for dinner in the dark with a lantern and yep no one hardly ate cause you did not know what it was in front of you. I do not know how the lady who owns this is allowed to stay in business!! The couple who worked it were very nice and they were our ride back to the hotel, they told us that they would be gone by January, thus we waited to write this review. I can't believe there are no reviews here on them.
Sagebrush Ranch, no, tumbleweed nothing, yes. Last but not least when we got back from our trip this lady called 4 times wanting paid for something that had been pe-paid(on my charge)30 days before we left.
Bogus do not go!!!!