All reviews mandalay bay off the strip dean martin marriott properties free shuttle bedroom suite free breakfast shuttle that runs yogurt perfect place to stay highly recommend this hotel quiet location hotel shuttle would stay here again stayed one night rental car quiet room
Reviewed April 14, 2016

This Residence Inn is located on the south side of the strip across the street from Mandalay Bay. Because you have to cross the highway there is a shuttle that runs from the Residence Inn to Mandalay Bay or Aria. The shuttle is great if you don't want to keep walking back and forth after walking on the strip or at night. The shuttle runs till about 1am.

Breakfast was awesome every morning and their coffee was great. Every day's breakfast was a little different variety of items and the dining room ladies were very nice and pleasant.

They have have a warm pool, a gym and a basketball court.

Overall it was a great stay and a good trip and were able to do all the different excursions even though we were not right on the strip. I'll stay here again.

Room tip: If you want to be on the strip, this hotel is not on the strip.
Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Angela D, General Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas South, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and the amenities the hotel has to offer. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Residence Inn Las Vegas South.

Reviewed April 11, 2016

This place is really good to stay away from home.
First it has very good location - just 5-10 minutes to the Strip. They have complementary shuttle bus which takes you to Mandala bay (every half an hour, form 5am to 1am), and hourly shuttle to Aria hotel. Also you can arrange pick up/ drop off to Town square or drop off to nearby airport (yes airport is very close too). This was very comfortable service for me.
I liked the room itself, it was clean and nice. We had 1 bedroom type apartment. It was very spacious. The kitchenette had everything you would need at home (ok no oven and blender, if being honest), all appliances looked new and worked properly.
The bed was comfortable ( I slept almost like home). And did I forgot to mention 2 big TV for a homey feeling? So I was very happy with the room assigned (plus we had amazing view of mountains trough windows).
The hotel staff is amazing - from cleaners to managers - all very nice and helpful. I'm very thankful for the front desk manager Gerry and his colleague (lady with long red hair, sorry I forgot her name), they both were very nice and helped me.
I liked the complementary breakfast: food was good, they have my favourite waffle makers. Breakfast serving ladies were very nice and done great job with keeping food trays full and place clean.
I like the amenities they have: heated pool, 24/7 gym, basketball area (with balls if you need). Plus they have pet friendly policy.

I would definitely recommend this place to stay no matter you're here for business or leisure. If we coming back to Vegas again, we definitely staying there again.

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Yoveeta
Angela D, General Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas South, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your very detailed review and the 5 rating! With Spirit to Serve we are so thrilled to hear all your positive feedback about our amenities and staff. I will celebrate all your comments with the team. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home when your travel plans return you to Las Vegas.

Reviewed April 6, 2016

Overall I had an incredible weekend at the hotel. No complaints, looking forward to coming back to the hotel for my next trip. I was treated with the highest generosity. Staff was curious the minutes I walked in.

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank 844omar
Reviewed March 13, 2016 via mobile

I'm a Marriott Rewards member and average about 30 to 50 night stays per year, mostly at Residence Inns. This Residence Inn is in a great location if you are stopping in Las Vegas. Easy to get on and of the freeway and close to downtown if that is important to you. Overall, an excellent hotel with top-notch service; everything I expect in a Marriott property. One issue that we found during our stay that seems unique to this property, is the number of dogs. I don't know if this is due to a recent corporate policy change or just specific to this hotel, or they were having a dog show, but there were a lot of dogs. We were in the East building on the forth floor and there were at least 10 to 15 dogs on our floor alone. There were also dogs at the pool, and three or four dogs in the breakfast room each morning. Most were small, well behaved dogs, but if you have issues with dogs, you should be forewarned. Also, if you have dog allergies, the elevator and hallways do have a slight dog odor. If you like dogs, you're going to love staying here.

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bigredmachine
Angela D, General Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas South, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We are pleased to hear your feedback about the level of service you received along with the hotel exceeding your expectations. We are a pet friendly hotel so we do welcome our guest to bring their companion along. We do understand other guest may have pet allergies and would like to share we do a deep cleaning to our pet friendly rooms upon departure. If your travel plans return you to Las Vegas we hope to welcome you back to the Residence Inn Las Vegas South.

Reviewed March 6, 2016 via mobile

I travel to Las Vegas 1 week out of the month and stay at this Residence Inn. The hotel is clean the staff is amazing and the rooms are huge. Whatever I need the staff is beyond helpful and makes this my second home. I had my husband coming to visit and as I'm prepping to make dinner I noticed I forgot sauce for my spaghetti. They went to the grocery store and bought it for me. The evening social is always nice and the employees and managers always stop to say hello. Special thank you to Ruby, Jerry, Angela, Erick and the Pool guy were very pleasant. Erick always remembers my name. I'll be back in 2 weeks.

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Angela D, General Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas South, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your awesome review and the 5 Star rating! With Spirit to Serve we take great pride to ensure every guest has a memorable experience. We are thrilled to hear all your positive feedback and will celebrate it with our team. We look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home.