“Perfect place to stay if you want to have a nice relaxing time and enjoy the hustle and bustle of the vegas strip!”

Residence Inn Las Vegas South
Ranked #87 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I stayed here with my dad from sept 8-12 as my dad was attending a convention in vegas. All the staff was friendly and courteous. The free breakfast was amazing! But i would have to say the best part of it would be the shuttle service they run to mandalay bay n new york new york. Shuttle was always on time, drivers were super friendly. All in all i had a great stay n will def stay here the next time im visiting vegas!!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Omar K
Bryan Z, General Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas South, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Thanks for sharing your feedback. Our hotel is a great location to stay when attending conventions in Las Vegas. We provide the shuttle service to the Manadaly Bay Convention Center and NYNY. I am glad you enjoyed your stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Korean first
Palm Bay, Florida
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

We gave this Residence Inn an "excellent" across the board because the staff made it so incredibly pleasant we can overlook the areas that need improvement. Big thank you's to Omar and Eloisa at the front desk, Tuy in the breakfast room and Frank the shuttle driver to New York New York casino. The property is lovely, right off the highway and just down from Mandalay Bay. The room is like an apartment with a full kitchen. The bed was very comfortable. The free breakfast was outstanding with lots of choices including a fresh crock of oatmeal and waffles with strawberries and whipped cream. Really good coffee. On Tues, Wed and Thurs nights they have a delicious reception with beautiful salads and appetizers that we turned into dinner. This is an old Residence Inn and is in desperate need of new carpet in the hallways, new door locks on the exterior doors (sometimes we had to swipe our card 15 times before it opened), and the jacuzzi needs cleaning, but the people who work at this hotel were so friendly and helpful and nice that we would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed September 2013
Thanks for staying and sharing your comments. We have a great team at the hotel. Omar, Eloisa, Tuy and the rest of the hotel thanks you!
My apologies about your key card issues. With the crazy weather patterns our exterior lock readers become dusty and affect the operation. We are cleaning them to ensure it doesnt happen again!
Kerrville, Texas
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at The Marriott Residence Inn South for a week and we were very impressed with the service. The staff from front desk to housekeeping were very friendly and always eager to please. We had a 2 bedroom suite and it was very clean and spacious . The pool was nice and clean. The hot breakfast buffet was good and for me the location off the strip was perfect to relax after spending the day at the casinos. Overall a great experience, good value for the money and I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013
Bryan Z, General Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas South, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you for staying at my hotel and sharing your feedback. I am glad you experienced my teams Wonderful service. Its nice to be able to relax in our Two Bedroom Suites after a long day on the Strip, or jump into our heated (just right) pool and enjoy our water feature. We look forward to having you back again as a guest soon.
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed August 26, 2013

My wife and I were looking for a place close to McCarran for overnight stays on our way into and out of Las Vegas. We chose the Residence Inn, and we were very glad we did.

The staff were exceptionally accommodating. When we checked in the first night, we were upgraded to a two-bedroom suite at no charge. On our way back, we arrived ridiculously early. I was sure we'd be told we couldn't check in yet, but the desk clerk gave us a room immediately.

The rooms are large, comfortable and quiet, with a full kitchen. We enjoyed the outdoor pool--daytime temps were in the 100s F! The free breakfast was pretty typical for an American motel; it did not disappoint. We made use of the free shuttle to Mandalay Bay for a night out one evening.

All in all, my wife and I were very happy with our stays.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying at my hotel and sharing your feedback. Like you, I find our hotel Large, Comfy, and full featured. We are just minutes away from the Las Vegas Airport and provide complimentary drop-off service on your day of departure.
Any time we have rooms available mid-morning and beyond on your arrival day we make it a point to get our guests checked in. There is no sense in having an empty room that guests are ready to get into. Traveling can be difficult and stressful. We are here to make it easier.
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Great for those traveling on business or for those that want a quiet hotel away from the strip. I was traveling for work so this hotel was convenient. The parking is right outside your door. Not like the casino hotels where you have to park far away in the self park or wait for the valet. When you're on business you don't want to waste time waiting in some valet line. Same thing with checking in and then walking to your room. Last thing I want to do is walk through a crowded casino to get to the elevator and then walk forever to get to the room. Staying at the Residence Inn is so much easier than being on the strip. And the good thing is that the strip is extremely close. So you truly can experience the best of both if you really want to.

Clean and courteous staff. Breakfast and evening snacks were excellent.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank love_HNL
Thank you for staying at my hotel and sharing your feedback. I am glad you found our hotel comfortable for your travel needs. My team and I pride ourselves in offering a clean hotel with courteous service. It’s nice to be able to start your day with our complimentary breakfast and you can unwind with our evening social.
Longwood,
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Traveling with our young-adult son and daughter, we were looking for space, without always renting two hotel rooms each night for two weeks. This was a great find, a good value. We had a two-bedroom, 2 bath suite, with small living room and kitchen. The rooms are not really large, but they are comfortable, and the best point for us is the privacy of separate rooms. This hotel had one of the best breakfast buffets I've ever been to at a hotel. In a week, you could eat something different (and hot!) every day! Plenty of good, and good hours on the buffet. Very helpful front-desk staff. The hotel is not on the strip, and it's not a big fancy venue like the name brand hotels on the strip. On the other hand, after a day and evening on the strip, it was nice to retreat to a quieter street. The hotel has a convenient shuttle service back and forth to the strip that our kids took advantage of. For the price and space and breakfast, I'd recommend it. If you want to be on the strip, look elsewhere. I, for one, was glad to stay off the strip.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying and sharing your feedback. I am glad you were able to relax in our off strip hotel while still enjoying Las Vegas. Our Two-Bedroom Suites are great for families. You have 1 room, while having 2 separate guest bedrooms and bathrooms. We look forward to having you back again soon!
Boston
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stayed here twice in the span of two weeks. We did not do very much in Las Vegas as it's not really our thing and we were only there to go to the National Parks in Utah.

First, they upgraded me twice to a 2 bedroom suite. I was there with my family so it was appreciated. A lot of Residence Inns won't do it even for platinum (which I am). The staff was friendly and helpful.

The breakfast was good.

The hotel has shuttles to a couple of spots so you don't have to worry about driving or parking.

The pool was great for kids.

The only con is that it's in an industrial neighborhood near the highway. Occasionally there is airport noise. The noise from outside did bother me a bit at night.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sadie_NB
Bryan Z, General Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas South, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thanks for staying at my hotel with your family. I am glad you enjoyed your Two Bedroom Suite upgrade! They are spacious and great for families. We are convenient to the Las Vegas Strip, and just off the freeway which provides easy access to Utah Parks…which are amazing to visit! I am sorry any outside noise was bothersome. We look forward to having your family back the next time you visit Las Vegas!