“Would Have Rated "Very Good" if not for the Door Issue”

Residence Inn Las Vegas South
Ranked #93 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights at the beginning of our 12 day road trip. I prefer hotels off the strip because they don't charge that annoying "Resort Fee." There were 4 of us in a 2 bedroom suite which worked out well. Each bedroom has its own bathroom. We encountered a problem within a half hour of our arrival. We had unpacked and were headed out to the strip when we discovered the door to our suite would not lock. We did not notice a problem with it when we first entered the suite. We opened and closed the door, we examined the locking mechanisms and we realized the door was not aligned properly which prevented it from locking. We called the front desk and the woman who answered said to "give her five minutes" to get someone. We wrongly assumed someone would be at our room in five minutes. About a half hour later, we called the front desk again. This time she said she would check on the person she had called, who apparently was not even on the property. The longer we waited, the more annoyed we became and the 2 older persons in our group decided they didn't want to go out anymore. Finally, a guy shows up, examines the door, takes a part off of it and announces that while the door would now lock, he would need to return in the morning with another part to complete the fix. The next morning, a different guy shows up, looks at it and announces that he doesn't have a piece that he needs and would have to return. Eventually, the door did get fixed and worked properly, but what an annoying start to our road trip!
Aside from the door, everything else about our stay was good. We loved the beds, especially the pillows. The shower was wonderful with good water pressure. 3 members of our group had the complimentary breakfast and enjoyed it. Parking was an issue as when we returned late both nights, there was no parking available. We ended up parking in the adjacent parking lot, which belonged to another Marriott hotel.
Despite the door issue, which I doubt would ever happen again, I would consider staying at this property on our next visit to Vegas.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Hoopmom
Bryan Z, General Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas South, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thank you for staying at my hotel and sharing your experience. I am sorry to read about your trouble with your door lock. I am sure it was extremely frustrating, especially at the beginning of your long trip. As maintenance issues do arise, I am glad my team was able to rectify the issue; though not completed on the first go around.
I am glad the remainder of your stay was satisfactory with our comfortable beds and great water pressure in the showers. For those who were able to partake in breakfast, I am glad they found that to be a good start to the morning.
The next time you visit Las Vegas I invite you to give us another opportunity to serve your lodging needs.
I hope the rest of your road trip was exciting and adventurous!

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Las Vegas South

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Stayed here with family in a 2 bedroom for two nights. Far better than the Hughes center one. Very well maintained and kept. Clean.... My wife who worked as a house keeper in hotels was impressed.

Comfy beds for a residence inn. Good breakfast. Great airport shuttle that dropped off family so they did not have to worry about returning rental day of.

Would gladly stay here again if I needed it on my next Vegas trip.

Good location.... If you have a car. Close to tons of shopping and silverton casino and bass pro.

Nice pool as well.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank aeromaks
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Behind Mandalay Bay, so it's close to the Strip when you want action but far enough away to avoid the conjestion. Easy access on/off the fwy when you want to go downtown, to the other strip casinos, or coming home and want to stop at In N Out for a late snack. Hotel is VERY clean, staff is VERY polite and accommodating. I would leave a note for the housekeeper for extra items and when we return there they were. Breakfast is included and is very good. My fave, Belgium waffles. Coffee is available 24 hrs. When you're ready to retire for the evening it is very peaceful. The FULL kitchen is wonderful. For the price it is well worth it, especially since breakfast is included. They even have free WIFI in the room, not just in the lobby. We've been staying here for years and wouldn't change.

Room Tip: Our favorite rooms are 100 or 122, ground floor, corner rooms with lots of light. Close to the lobby...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kathleen K
Bryan Z, General Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas South, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Thanks for sharing your feedback about your experience at my hotel. I am glad you found the rooms clean and our staff polite. I have always enjoyed our corner Studio Suites like 100 and 120 which are the same rooms but have a great location in the hotel. I actually stayed in one when I relocated to the area. In N Out is just minutes away and is great for burger lovers everywhere. If you didn’t know, search for their “secret menu” which has offerings not features on their actual menu! See you next time!

Reviewed July 6, 2013

I was a bit nervous staying at this hotel before I arrived, thinking that "all" hotels off the strip are dingy. But to my surprise, this hotel was a great change from the hectic, smoky, loud, hotels of the strip. I went on a work trip and will definitely be staying there when I go for work. I appreciate the complimentary water and chips and the fact that there isn't any gambling on the premises.

Pros: No gambling, smoke free, not a gigantic hotel, great staff, easy to get to from the airport, clean. They run free shuttles to the airport and to the Mandalay Bay

Cons: If you go down to the lobby area around 9 am, it becomes a feeding frenzy of people that had just woken up from a long night! The pool is hilarious... small rock feature.. ooohh ahhh!

Overall: Great place to stay for business travel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TJ2112

Thank you for staying at my hotel. You as well as many of our guests enjoy the fact that our hotel is Non-Gaming/Non Smoking. We do offer our complimentary Shuttles to and from the strip (Mandalay Bay every 30 minutes and NYNY ever hour).
We do offer complimentary breakfast daily and at times the area can become congested. We do offer a daily schedule with hours that allow people to come and go freely as they like. I always suggest coming early if you want to avoid a line, however we always have food available during our posted times.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

If you are staying in Vegas for an extended amount of time and do NOT want to stay on the strip but close then I would highly recommend this hotel. Rooms are very clean and kept that way. You have everything you need (full kitchen) plus plenty of room. The breakfast is always great and the staff is always helpful. If you want to go to the strip there is a shuttle that comes every hour and drops you off/picks you up.

The only downside is it's close to the airport and sometimes the noise from planes taking off and landing is a bit much.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Greeneshire
Reviewed July 2, 2013

good breakfast and room was nice. Los of kids at the pool so I didn't utilize it. breakfast was very nice. I wish three room could have been cooler.hard to figure out the tv channels but overall it was nice. the advertisement for pizza delivery was outdated

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 20, 2013

this hotel is a must stay with families in Las Vegas. it's very close to the strip, but far enough away that the children are in a good location. The hotel rooms are typical high Marriott quality with breakfast served daily and dinner served several nights a week. The pool has a rock waterfall that the children can jump from. There are plenty of lounge chairs in plenty of shade for those hot days. The hotel staff was fabulous and went the extra mile to be helpful.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Bryan Z, General Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas South, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

Thanks for staying and sharing your feedback. I am glad you had a great stay and found our staff providing great service. Our pool area is beautiful and relaxing. However for safety, we do ask that you do not climb or jump our waterfall. See you soon!