“Typical excellent Residence Inn with a couple of minor exceptions”

Residence Inn Las Vegas South
Ranked #97 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We stayed for a week in a 2-bedroom suite in Bldg B on the top floor facing the courtyard; a quiet location with a north face, thus reducing sunlight in the morning and holding down heat during the day. Very attentive staff, starting with manager Bryan Zeitlin and everyone we encountered. Good breakfast; the scrambled eggs tasted like somebody just made them from scratch. Very good 7/24 coffee. Everything is clean and bright. The housekeeping staff was good and left us little notes each time.

Now to the minor exceptions .. the mattresses were OK but may be nearing the end of their useful life and intermittent air conditioner noise both from the room's unit as well as exterior to the room might be a concern for light sleepers - Bryan is aware of this and says it is being rectified.

Also of note is the lack of a king bed in either bedroom, but we knew that before we made the reservation.

We have stayed at many of the hotels in town and found this to be a delightful alternative with a full kitchen, free breakfast, room to move around, and no resort fees. Highly recommended and we will stay at this Residence Inn the next time we are in Las Vegas.

Room Tip: see review
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is in a couple of different buildings near I – 15. Try to get a room in building B which is further from the freeway. There was some airplane noise too in the morning. The rooms are typical for a residence Inn but the furnishings need updating. Our mattress felt like a sponge and the air conditioning made more noise than a submarine. Also, the curtains let in a lot of light during the morning. The staff was very helpful though, and they had lots of shuttles around the Las Vegas area.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Prolix50
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Right from the get go, Asst. General Mgr. Richard Abraham Aguila has been exceptional in his service and assistance.
We visited Las Vegas as a couple for the first time for the Memorial Weekend. The road trip was great and upon reaching the hotel it was even better.
Spacious rooms and pleasant decor was very pleasant.
As always the service is what we are most concerned and we left Las Vegas very happy.
Thanks Richard

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Raj G
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Marriott properties are usually held to great standards, but this hotel was just meh. The room was ok, clean, and a good size. But the furniture and decor was SO outdated! Breakfast again was ok, not great, but the kitchen staff was pleasant. The evening housekeeping was TERRIBLE, took hours to get more towels and other toiletries. The only positive worth mentioning was the front desk girl Stephanie. She was always smiling, polite, and took care of anything I needed. Especially when housekeeping didn't get it done. Thank you, Stephanie.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Carrie D
Bryan Z, General Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas South, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Thank you for staying at my hotel and sharing your feedback. I am glad you found Stephanie and our Breakfast Attendants polite and helpful.
It seems there might have been short comings regarding our Housekeeping Team; as this is the first I am hearing about this, I would like more information on what happened and caused your dissatisfaction. Please call me at 702-795-7378 or bryan.zeitlin@marriott.com. I never want a guest to leave dissatisfied.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Marriott properties are usually consistent and quite nice. This is no exception with all that you would expect from a Residence Inn...makes business travels to Vegas SO easy.
Large 2b/r suite with great a/c and ample living area. 3 flat screens give everyone a choice. Living room furniture a little on the cheap side, but adequate.
Bathrooms were very good with large spaces and clean throughout. Great lighting and good water pressure helped here.
Great beds and pillows knocked me out after crazy business days.
Breakfast was average Marriott chain fare and met expectations.
My only complaint would be the multiple stains on the bed skirts (ick) and the dated styling...I prefer a more up-to-date contemporary feel.
Well worth spending a bit extra to be away from crowds, casinos, smoke, crazy parking, and long treks to your room.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank mdin
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Everything about this hotel was VERY CLEAN. The manager Bryan and his assistant Rich were very helpful in everything I asked of them.Also the women at the front desk were very helpful.when I needed help with the internet with shows and airline confirmations. But I saved the best for last. Christina, the woman who sets up all the food in the morning always greeted me with a BIG SMILE and sometimes even a hug.She started my day with a ray of sunshine. Always had a nice word and smile. If I could, I'd give her a BIG RAISE.She earns it every day. I will come back here and tell all my friends about this place. 5 STARS PS: the shuttle driver was great. Give him a good tip.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Donald K
Reviewed May 5, 2013

This was a very pleasant surprise. The hotel was just minutes from the trip with shuttles running regularly into the early morning hours. We used them 4 times and they were on time. The staff was quite pleasant and very helpful. The rooms were clean and roomy. We had a 2 bedroom suite. The breakfast was one of the best I've had with a wide variety to choose from. There's a pool and a jacuzzi, a 24 hour convenience store and a fitness center. What more can you ask for?

I would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Twyla D
Bryan Z, General Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas South, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Thank you for staying. My team and I appreciate your positive feedback!