“Off Strip walking distance to Mandalay Convention Center”

Residence Inn Las Vegas South
Ranked #94 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
northeast ohio
“Off Strip walking distance to Mandalay Convention Center”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

In town for a convention. Did not want to be on strip. It is in a location with several other chain hotels with nothing else near other than businesses. There is a convenience store within walking distance. There is a shuttle every half hour to Mandalay and a shuttle every hour to New York, New York. They also offer a shuttle to an outlet area south of the strip. The drivers and front desk are very helpful with full information on the shuttle service. They also offered a drop off ONLY shuttle to the airport. They will not pick up from the airport. There is a pool that was at a decent temperature and a hot tub as well. An attached outdoor fireplace to the guest service area near the pool. There are also barbeque grills. They rotate the hot breakfast in the morning. There was a managers reception on several weeknights. The service was crisp and cordial. There are three different building for stays. There seemed to have a soccer tournament while we were there with younger tweens but we did not hear them in the hotel.

Room Tip: We had a quiet room in the southwest corner area.
1 Thank akunkel96
Bryan Z, General Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas South, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Currently we drop off at the airport daily (at the bottom of the hour) however do not pick up. The drop off and pick up location are in separate areas and to better service our guests we only do the drop off. A taxi ride from the airport to the hotel is about $15-20. Once you are at the hotel, we have you covered! Though we are an extended stay hotel, because of our layout and amenities, sometimes we do have guests staying for just the weekend. Thanks for sharing your feedback and experience…see you next time!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Korean first
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I stayed in a Travel Advantage Network unit #415. The Residence Inn housekeeping is excellect. Everything was very clean. The breakfast was a cut above the usual for a mid-price suite hotel. The staff could not have been more helpful. We used the shuttle to the strip 3X, it was always on time. I would stay here again. The two bedroom unit was large enough for 4 but would not be comfortable with more because the living room area is too small.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Capn_C
Thank you for staying and sharing your feedback! I am glad you enjoyed everything in the hotel, including our spacious Two Bedroom Suites. They are great for families, friends, and even business colleagues that need to share a room but prefer their own space. Our shuttles to Mandalay Bay, NYNY, and Town Square make traveling to a new city just a bit easier!
See you next time!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 8, 2013

On our way to Vegas my colleague asked me if I had a favourite hotel as we travel quite regularly. I thought about it for a bit but was unable to pick one that stood out - then we arrived at the Residence Inn. Hands down this is the best overall hotel stay I have had in the past 10 years. I was there for 9 days. The rooms were extremely clean and well outfitted with very comfy beds. The staff were fabulous and went out of their way to help with every little need we had. The location was just right - close to the strip, but not right on it. Thanks to the shuttle service offered by the hotel you could get to the strip or convention centre quickly and easily and not have to deal with the lineups and crowds that you get when staying in the large casino hotels. Add to the equation the included breakfast and internet, Whole Foods conveniently nearby, bbq facilities, pool....... I could go on and on (in fact it seems I have) you can't really ask for more! This is an ideal place to stay for a business or personal trip to Vegas.

1 Thank ontheroadagain1965
Bryan Z, General Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas South, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
I think the hotel is Fabulous as well! We have a great team leading the hotel offering great service, clean rooms, and all at a great rate! We have ouyr shuttle service to The Strip along with Town Square Mall, which has a lot of places to shop, eat, and relax. You also have the ability to shop at Whole Foods and then cook in your room with our provided utensils and the Full Kitchen in every Suite.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We loved our stay here and felt very much at home. The room was perfect for us (2). Clean & neat and very comfortable. The common areas were really nice and well kept. We enjoyed a full spread breakfast every morning which was a great way to start our day. @ of the evenings the manager put out food for supper for the whole inn. Such a nice gesture on his part. There were 2 computers for us to use in the lobby with printers. We highly recommend this place. They also had free bus service to the strip all day long which we used on a few occasions.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wolfgirl A
Thank you for staying and sharing your feedback. Along with our breakfast we offer an Evening Social on Tuesdays and Thursdays weekly, and then a Managers Toast every other Wednesday. This allows my management team time to meet our guests. Its honestly the best part of the week!
northeast USA
Reviewed April 5, 2013

What a find! Can't say anything bad about this hotel. Location was great! After a day on the strip it was so nice to go back to a quiet place removed from all the bustle. The room was perfect - we had 5 in our group and had a two room, two bath suite with a pull out in the the livingroom. The breakfast was superb and filled us up so we could spend the day on the strip and then go for a late lunch/early dinner at one of the many buffets that are offered at the casinos. (The front desk suggested the Belagio and Ceasers and we tryed both and weren't disappointed!) Everyone was extremely helpful and friendly. Beds were comfortable. It was too cold out to enjoy the pool.....will save that for the next trip:) Overall, if you don't mind or don't want to be on the strip and are looking for a beautiful, comfortable hotel, this is the place.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank sandcrab
Thank you for staying with your group and sharing your feedback. I too, love our Two Bedroom Suites. I personally use these when traveling with family and friends. Its a great way to share a space but maintain your privacy. With 2 seperate bedrooms, 2 seperate bathrooms, and a common living area you cant really beat the value! We'll see you the next time you are in town!
Savannah, GA
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I was in Vegas for a week and work paid for my hotel since I was there for business. I could've stayed at a plusher hotel, but I wanted somewhere that would offer breakfast, help with what to do and not to do while in Vegas, more low key and a happy hour. The hotel didn't offer happy hour which was surprising as most Residence Inn's do. However, breakfast was full on buffet, not just bread and deserts. I knew that I would have a refrigerator and that Vegas would be expensive so I stocked up with a few supplies that needed refrigeration.

Also, help at the Front Desk was always welcome and one lady (bhessie??) gave a lot of hints on where to/not to park (I had a rental), where to go, what to see, etc.

No weird noises that the hotel couldn't take care of.

- Free shuttle to Madalay Bay, and the Airport. (I had a rental, but nice add on).
- Complimentary breakfast from 6am - 9:30am (nothing fancy, eggs, potatoes, fruit, bagels, yogurt, COFFEE!)
- Complimentary apetizers - I was told that they had this, but never saw it. Not a big deal as there is so much to do there.
- Clean room and linens.

I enjoyed my stay and plan to stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay on inside wall if bright parking lot lights bother you.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying and sharing your feedback on my hotel. I am glad you enjoyed yourserlf. I think the Front Desk Clerk you were looking to recognize was Dhessie. She is a tenured Front Desk Clerk and she is an asset to the team. Her along with everyone at the hotel are here to make our guests feel welcomed and comfortable.
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights over spring break. We had a 2 room suite. It was very roomy and had 2 bathrooms which was very nice. Each room including the living room had a LCD tv. The kitchen area had dishes and utensils for most needs. The full size fridge had am ice maker. One neat thing is that there were 2 nice gas grills for use- the front desk provided the grilling tools. We grilled out a nice steak. The pool was warm and there were nice lounge chairs.
Nice breakfast each morning with biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, and the usual cereals and breads.
Business center had computer and printer for use - we printed out boarding passes.
Overall, we enjoyed the modern and clean hotel!

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for staying. I am glad you enjoyed your visit. On behalf of my entire team, we look forward to your return visit!