“Perfect place to stay!!”

Residence Inn Las Vegas South
Ranked #94 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Gold River, California
“Perfect place to stay!!”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We stayed at this lovely Residence Inn for two wonderful weeks! Beautiful quiet room and as usual the breakfast etc was fabulous! Bryan Zeitlin the General Manager and Richard Aguila the Assistant General Manager are the greatest! Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, a room by the pool just ask, the staff is fantastic!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Korean first
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed in this hotel with my son October 25-27. I chose this hotel because it offerred a 2-bedroom suite at relatively reasonable room rate and is located near the south end of the Strip, but away from Strip congestion. The 2-room suite has two bedrooms that each have their own bathrooms and tvs and a nice-size living room/kitchenette with a third tv. The hot breakfast is included in the room rate and is satisfactory, other than the absence of bacon. The pool deck area is somewhat small, but there are other seating areas outside the fenced pool area. This location also has a Marriott Fairfield Inn and Couryard Marriott. The location is just a short trip across I-15 on Russell Road to Frank Sinatra Drive which runs along the west side of the Strip beginning at Mandala Bay. This allows a quick trip to the back side of the Strip hotels on the west side of the Strip to eat in their various restaurants or take in shows without having to trapse through as much of the casino areas as front entry requires. You can enter their parking structures right off of Frank Sinatra Drive. The location also allows a quick trip south on Las Vegas Blvd. to the Towne Center for shopping and some nice restaurants and also to one of the premium outlet malls just south of the airport. There are no restaurants, shopping or entertainment venues within walking distance, so you need a rental car if you plan to eat outside the hotel, though hot evening meals are provided and the next-door Courtyard Marriott has a order-off-the menu restaurant. There is air traffic nearby during the day, but I didn't notice any during nighttime hours.

I encountered only two problems: 1) I arrived at 100pm for an early check-in because my plane arrived late morning. I had advised the reservationist of that intention when I booked the hotel room. However, when I arrived, I was told no 2-room suites were available yet, which was annoying given my reservation notation. I then left the hotel to eat lunch and returned at 200 pm to check in. Still no 2-bedroom suites available. So, I sat in the outdoor seating area, checking about every 15 minutes for availability. At exactly 300 pm, a room was available. Though I knew 300 pm was the official check-in time, I found it somewhat un-customer friendly for the hotel to completely ignore my reservation request for early check-in and then make no effort to prioritize cleaning of a 2-bedroom suite upon my arrival at 100 pm. It seems to me that the hotel manager could have easily called housekeeping upon my arrival and directed an early cleaning of a 2-bedroom suite for a Marriott Rewards member who had arrived at 100 pm. This is the first time I've been denied early check-in at a Marriott hotel. 2) On three separate occasions, I could not get onto the internet, and one other time I was on the internet and lost connection. After two half-hour calls to tech support, the tech support representative's supervisor told me that it was not my PC, it was due to insufficient band width to this property and that there may be numerous guests streaming on the internet. I later reported this to the hotel manager, who indicated he would contact their internet service provider. Nonetheless, for a guest on a quick get-away trip on a schedule, inability to connect to the internet was a very frustrating experience. The hotel manager's reponses to these problems were: comp'd my room for one of three nights for the internet problem, and provided four free bottled drinks to offset the early check-in denial. So, the hotel is not customer-unfriendly, but management should work on preventing these problems not just after-the-fact offsets.

The rooms had comfortable queen-size beds with large closets. HVAC system was excellent with wall-mounted thermostats and continuous fans for white noise. Bathroom sinks had cabinets underneath for storage of toiletries. The single elevator was very slow for this size hotel, so using the stairs was a common experience. Message to hotel-designers/builders: don't skimp on elevator costs. Guests on business trips and even vacations don't want to spend time waiting for and traveling on glacial-speed elevators on a daily basis. Specify the fastest elevators available and install multiple elevators on larger hotels. USA Today and the local newspaper were available in the lobby in abundance. Parking was adequate.

I recommend this hotel for families or business travelers who want stay in Las Vegas off the Strip and would stay here in the future if I needed a two-room suite.

Room Tip: First or second floors offer shorter trips on the stairs if you are staying at the hotel during the...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank SpringfieldGuy
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Our trip to Las Vegas was certainly made better by the service and staff at the Residence Inn. We were provided with a free hot breakfast daily and 3 evening meals as well. The staff made printed directions available not only for attractions in L.V. but also to places such as Zion National Park in Utah, Death Valley in California and Red Rock Canyon in Nevada. The staff (especially manager, Richard) was particularly friendly and polite - always looking out for ways to provide service and assistance. The location is convenient to the airport and only a couple of blocks off the strip. A shuttle service is provided to several downtown locations which made getting around town simple and efficient. They even provide a "grocery shopping" service at no extra charge. We will certainly stay there on our next trip to Vegas.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I stayed here for a soccer tournament in October and had to listen to a DJ from a nearby nightclub over some sort of loud speaker as well as their music. Didn't get any sleep on Saturday night. Awful, no one can do anything about it. If your gone all night this hotel is probably fine - if you want or need sleep I would skip it.

• Stayed October 2012
Bryan Z, General Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas South, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
I wanted to take the opportunity to reach out to you so that you know that your feedback is important to our hotel. On behalf of my entire team I wanted to thank you for staying and hope that you enjoyed your tournament. Anytime we encounter noise issues we contact the respective party. However, since the noise disturbance was off property, we are limited with our control and have calls into the club management and local officials to ensure our guests receive an uninterrupted night of sleep.

I hope that our staff service responsiveness, clean rooms, and complimentary breakfast encourage you to give us another opportunity for lodging the next time you are in the Las Vegas Area. If you would like to discuss this or anything else further do not hesitate to contact me at 702-795-7378 or bryan.zeitlin@marriott.com
Atwater, California, United States
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I was in Vegas with 3 adult friends on a weekend when the rates were ridiculously high at all the casinos and hotels on the Strip and downtown. We got a 2 bedroom suite at Marriott Residence Inn South for about half of what a casino hotel would cost for 2 rooms. The entire property was extremely clean and the service from ALL of the employees was top notch, from reception to the maids and breakfast servers, shuttle drivers and even the guy who came to clean the sparkling pool and hot tub. I understand they have a meeting every morning about customer service ... and IT WORKS! One of the greatest things was being shuttled to the strip..... AND BACK! Door to door service is far better than parking in those huge casino lots and having to walk. I will definitely stay there again and highly recommend it to others.

Room Tip: This property is near McCarren Airport, so you can hear planes continually take off when you are out...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Houston
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I spent 3 nites in room 441 at this property and hoped I would get a reasonably quiet experience. It was an end room on the highest floor! Now for the less pleasant portion. The first night the fire alarm went off at 11pm or so in the building. It was enough to get everyone out onto the floor and evacuating to be on the safe side. False alarm; then around 2 am I was woken by a screaming baby next door. I complained to the front desk but they were full so I could not change rooms. Luckily no more baby screams occurred the rest of the stay. On one occasion I had cranked up the heat to allow some wet clothes to air dry in the room only to find the housekeeper had cranked it back down after cleaning the room. I was not pleased. I had to hang a sign out on the room so they would stay out the next day just to dry my clothes. Only one day of actual room cleaning.

On the good side the Residence Inn standard features kicked in. The room was clean, all standard appliances worked, great lighting and reliable TV and comfortable bed. The drapes fully closed preventing the brilliant Las Vegas sun from waking me up. The single building elevator worked reliably, there was enough parking even with a full house, and the breakfast was fine as expected.

The hotel has a shuttle leaving every 30 minutes that stops at Whole Foods. This was great as I had no vehicle and needed to get some decent food. The staff was very cooperative and provided whatever I needed. Since I have stayed at Residence Inn numerous times in different locations, I would definitely recommend to stay here.

Room Tip: If full, there may not be an option. If not, the fourth floor, end room may be best.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Westampton, New Jersey
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stayed here May 26-June 2 and LOVED IT! First time in Vegas and didn't want to go broke staying on the strip for a week! It was 6 of us and we booked a 2 bdrm suite thru my travel agency. The suite was completely spotless and smelled of cleaning products. (which made us confident that it was recently cleaned) The beds were extremely comfortable, even the pull-out bed seemed better than most lol The staff was very friendly and willing to answer our many questions. We had a leak in the sprinkler in one of the two bathrooms, but maintenance quickly came to our room. The full kitchen was very clean and everything worked properly. We ordered groceries thru the hotel and we got them the next day and the person who delivered them let us know of the items that weren't available. The shuttle is vey convenient and since we were there so long the drivers would wait a little longer for our whole group to get downstairs. It doesn't run all night, but the cab prices are reasonable and for 6 ppl we didn't mind paying $13-20. The pool and jacuzzi were clean and the cabana and umbrellas were chic for a small hotel. If you're looking for a great place off the strip, THIS IS THE PLACE TO STAY!!! We didn't miss a beat of the Las Vegas fun. We partied hard, visited our friends in strip hotels, and had an absolutely relaxing place to call home for a week!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends