“Looking for a off-strip hotel to stay with the family”

Residence Inn Las Vegas South
Ranked #93 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Munich
“Looking for a off-strip hotel to stay with the family”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We stayed for 4 nights at the end of August. The 2 bedroom suite was very clean, well maintained and housekeeping consistently very good (they knocked on the door at 9am for the first time if you forget to place the 'still recovering' sign outside).

The pool is larger than it look on the hotel web site and the water fall is a nice decoration. After 4pm the hotel building blocks the sun.

We have chosen this Residence Inn because of its location. If you want to visit the Strip it is a 5 min drive with your car or the hotel shuttle bus, freeway access is 5 min too.
Special thanks to the front desk crew which provided a very good service and made us feel at home.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Korean first
Roseville, California
Reviewed August 31, 2012

My husband and I stayed one night as part of a Grand Canyon Expedition river rafting trip. The room was spacious and very clean, the bed was very comfortable, and there were enough towels.
It is far from luxurious, but well worth the special rate we received. However, they only provide 2 soaps, and two tiny bottles of shampoo and conditioner. That's okay, but the continental breakfast was horrible. They were out of waffle mix, and had too few bagels for our group of 14. The choices of cereal were very limited. In all, it's quite good for a quick stay. The staff is friendly and very accommodating.

Room Tip: The 8th. floor has great views.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Moorestown, New Jersey
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I stayed in this hotel with 5 others from 7/28-8/6. I booked the room we had under 2 separate reservation (a vacation time share company and an additional 2 nights through the hotel itself) and the hotel was very accommodating when they could not give us the same room for the additional 2 nights stay. They moved us to a room on the same floor, just around the corner and even allowed us early check in to alleviate the need to move all of our luggage downstairs before the transistion. Unfortunately, since we were there for a dance convention and had workshops on the morning of the room change, we only got to take advantage of the early check in when we returned to the hotel at 12:30pm (after leaving at 8 am). The front desk staff held out bags with no problem, and even allowed us to use their downstairs fridge to store our perishable food items.
My only issue on this entire trip was an inconsistency in regards to the key card policy. Since the reservation was in my name, I asked for 3 cards at check in, which I got. The night before we left, one of my friends had to fly out before the rest of us. When she got downstairs she realized her ride to the airport had left his phone in the room. Rightfully, the hotel would not give her an additional key, as her name was not on the reservation. I was at a very loud finals event, but did manage to call the hotel to authorize the additional key, which was returned after she picked up the forgotten item. I was asked if I wanted to add anyone to the reservation so this wouldn't be a problem again. I specifically said no. There were people on that trip I did not want gaining additional access to the room. When I woke up the next morning (the rest of the group left before I woke up) imagine my surprise to find another additional key on the table in the room. In less than 12 hours had policy changed? I STILL do not understand how this was authorized without my permission. Neither the room phone nor my cell phone rang to ask for my permission this time. When i asked the front desk waht the policy was, she explained that "usually" they do not give extra keys to those not on the reservation. When I asked how this happened then, I was told that she didn't know and the manger would be in in half an hour. i never received a follow up and still have not even after for once returning a survey on the property. The hieght of this problem for me is that the key was granted to the one person I did not want having access to additional keys. Extremely disappointing.
i was also very disappointed that housekeeping only came to our room once durign the original 7 night booked reservation. I understand not coming every day, but only once? And on the second day?
All in all, I would probably stay there again, but I would be sure my reservation stated NO EXTRA KEYS! And I guess I'd have to call for housekeeping. -_-

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We stayed at this property in June of 2012 as part of a softball team. Everything was perfect. We were able to get the two bedroom suites at a great price and that way girls could share rooms and each room had its own bathroom and then the common area. The hotel was clean and the staff was extremely accomodating. The location was great too as it wasn't ON the Strip which meant we could get in and out of the hotel easily AND could take the free shuttle to and from the Strip when we wanted. We do a lot of traveling and it was great to stay at a place where the answer always seemed to be YES! Again, a great experience. I would reommend this hotel to anyone but especially a group. Well done!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Lomita, California
Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

Love the fact that it's close enough but far enough away from everything! Will definitely be back! Thanks to everyone that works there. All you need to do is ask for something and you shall receive. Left all my groceries there, hope they went to good use. Some of it wasn't even opened.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Elko, Nevada
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Stayed at the Residence Inn on Dean Martin in Las Vegas earlier in month. The location is wonderful, checking in and out is a breeze. I used to stay on the strip, but it took forever to check in and checking out was a nightmare as well. The Residence Inn has a wonderful breakfast that includes fresh fruit, eggs, cereal, yogurt, sausage, etc. They have multiple rooms to eat in, televisions as well. It's right off the highway, so getting to work is easy as well. They also have a free shuttle which I saw people use, but I had a car and didn't need to use the service. The people are super friendly and the pool/hot tub is great as well. I have no complaints at all. In the past, I've stayed on the strip and downtown as I love the Fremont Street Experience. Going to LV for work 6x per year allowed me to stay at numerous places, this is by far my favorite. Keep up the great work :-)

Room Tip: I like to stay near the pool and office, this way I can eat and get on the road pretty quick.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank john s
St.Helens,United Kingdom
Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

This is a great hotel with lots of facilities only one down side building A on the outside has airport and freeway noise every other room is perfect don't let this put you off ask for quiet room
Very close to the strip but far enough away to be relaxing. Great pool. Breakfast has lots of choice. Spotless clean. Staff very helpful 2 bedroom apartment very large and fully equipped kitchen gym also has lots of equipment very reasonably priced for what you get couldn't be more pleased only 3 minutes from the strip

• Stayed July 2012