2 people are viewing this hotel
$129
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
$116
Lol.travel
$107
Official Hotel$129
eDreams$129
travelup.com$138
All reviews washer and dryer living room family pool adult pool walk in closet bbq area off strip well equipped kitchen shuttle bus pool area home away from home apartment timeshare pools units laundry vegas
Selected filters
Reviewed April 13, 2019

These resorts operated by Diamond Resorts are very great to stay for extended periods of time, its like a condo-style. you get a full size kitchen, washer/dryer. I also have to say they offered covered parking as well. The grounds were kept up, and even though I didn't use their shuttle service or their pool...I am sure they were top-notched as well!

Also make sure you shop for rates, which I was able to find...

Room tip: I was placed on the southwest corner. Very quiet.
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank diztraveler
Reviewed April 11, 2019

The Desert Paradise Resort is not only a fine place to stay, it is a great bargain. What primarily sets it apart from other hotels is that it used to be an apartment complex made up of fourplex building. So what you get is not a room, but an apartment. The unit we had was on the first floor with a direct entrance outside, with parking directly adjacent.. Inside there was a large bedroom with a big walk-in closet and with direct access to the bathroom. The even larger living/dining room area had a large table for eating and a sleeper sofa among other furnishings. There was a full sized, fully and nicely equipped kitchen wth virtually everything you might have in your own kitchen. Most unusually, there was a washer-dryer room with full size appliances. There was also a separate access to the bathroom through this utility room. So if you have other people using the sofa bed, they can get into the bathroom without going through the bedroom. The unit also had a covered patio. At the price, about $100 a night for us, I can imagine a better value, especially if you are staying a few days.
The location of the hotel is a couple of miles from the "strip," but was only about a 10 minute drive when we went to Las Vegas Blvd. And the direction were easy. South on Decatur for a couple of blocks, left on Russell, and that takes you right to the south end of the strip. The hotel does run a shuttle, though, with several drop off and pick up sports along the strip, so you do not have to take you car if you don't want to. On one occasion we took a taxi to get back from the strip with a fare of about $12, but it was rush hour so slow going.
The units were very clean. There is a large supermarket abut a mile north on Decatur where the hotel is located. Access from I-15 which runs parallel to both Decatur and the strip and about half way between them is easy.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank freetogoConnecticut
Reviewed April 2, 2019

Date: March 22nd thru March 26th

5 people in 2 Bedroom Condo on 2nd floor in back section of building 6 (city street view). The view was okay but still was very quiet sitting out on balcony. Traffic noise wasn't a issue.

Rooms: Very clean - appeared to be updated furnishings, easy to use TVs in all rooms and window treatments. Master w/king and 2nd Bed a Queen. Sofa Sleeper in living room. All of us were happy with pillows and beds were great to sleep in. We all slept at least 7hrs (which is unheard when away from your own bed). My 17yr old son slept on Air mattress in 2nd bedroom closet (mattress provided by resort), he enjoyed the privacy.

Bathrooms: Very clean sink and toilet areas. The shower heads "blast" out the water.
Its a nice touch that hair dryer and they offer a personal sized makeup mirror on the wall (ladies love this - you don't see this in most hotel/condos).

Laundry: Washer and Dryer - we struggled a little with figuring out the Washer, but eventually got it work....washer was great (loud though) and Dryer was quick.

Kitchen: Coffee maker very clean (I always note the condition of coffee maker by looking inside the water reservoir - looking for mold/coffee ground caking, etc) - they offered coffee and creamer in the condo.
Toaster appeared to be new, it cooked toast amazingly fast, be mindful, do't walk away unless you like burnt toast. The frig was clean and we filled it with groceries from Walmart. Dishwasher washed okay, we didn't expect alot from it, it smelled too of old nasty water. We did like that the utensils/dishes and pots & pans were clean and available as we needed them.

Balcony: Clean table and clean sitting area (no signs of leaves/litter)

Pool area: Pools are very nice - we had a chance a few times in the evening after spending the day hiking to dip in pool and hot tub. Clean and family friendly, never crowded. Quiet area, they have speakers hidden around and play good music.
Adult spa was closed (updating it).

Air cond: Room was easy to cool off and warm up on one of the cool nights

Note: When we arrived, we noticed a "foul" smell in the kitchen area. I figured it out that it was the sink drain (holds a garbage disposal unit - wouldn't hurt to have bleach poured down to remove smell - But I flushed lots of water and soap - helped quite a bit).

Access to Condo: We had 2nd level and no elevators available, easy to walk stairs (wide). If you have knee problems, consider a lower floor.

Front Desk: Check-in was easy and fast, out the door to the room in under 10mins. The staff were extremely helpful, smiles and Thank yous. (Nice work to the staff). I even found that their security staff were professional (dressed in polos/matching kahki pants and badges - we felt very safe).

The property is gated and fenced/walled around the perimeter. Most of the Parking spots are covered (to keep cars cooled from sun). I would recommend this property - we definitely would consider staying again if we come back as family to Vegas because of being quiet, friendly staff, very clean (did I mention it was very, very clean), and great security and close to great restaurants and groceries.

This resort is part of DIAMOND resort chain. We had the opportunity to stay in Orlando at PArkway Resort (5 mins from ESPN world of sports prop and 12 mins from Downtown Disney - depending if you hit stoplights). The Orlando property was nice but this Vegas property was a 10 out of 10. We are NOT timeshare owners, we never plan on owning timeshare, but these resorts are nice - in competition to Wyndham.

Room tip: No elevators
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Hunter6793
Reviewed March 23, 2019

We stayed at the Desert Paradise for 5 nights. Lovely low rise condo property. We had a car rental and this is a good location to explore all of Vegas and beyond. Had a 2 bedroom unit at the back of the property (very quiet). Well appointed condo with full litchen. Finishings are a little dated and faded (carpets, paint). Very confortable. Easy drive to the strip; easy parking at most of the casinos (and often free parking). The staff at the Desert Paradise are AWESOME. Very helpful. We had a late evening flight and there was no problem using the pool etc after we checked out of our unit. Very clean grounds.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Diamond R, Manager at Desert Paradise Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2019

Thank you for the candid feedback as we are constantly working on the upkeep and maintenance of the resort. Our front desk is available 24 hours to immediately respond to any requests throughout your visit. Diamond Resorts welcomes you back in the near future.

Reviewed March 22, 2019

To say this is going to be a gushing review is an understatement! I stayed at this Resort for 6 nights at the end of a 3 week holiday to the US where I visited 4 different States. From the minute I drove in to the minute I drove out (sobbing, lol) I absolutely LOVED it here! The complex is lovely, very pretty and super clean. Loads of parking - and in the shade too! - right by your apartment. I had requested one on the ground floor as was travelling on my own and struggled with stairs with my heavy case and was given one at the back of the complex with a smile from the Reception staff who were lovely and very helpful. My one bed apartment was spotless and most of the fittings looked brand new. Spacious lounge, fully fitted kitchen and a massive bedroom with an en-suite bathroom and a large walk in wardrobe. The bath was more like a swimming pool and I had several lovely soaks after a tiring day walking and sightseeing and the water was super hot. Location is fantastic, only 2 miles from the Strip and walking distance to plenty of shops and restaurants. I literally can't say one bad word about it and would stay (or live - I wish!) there again in a heartbeat. Ask for Block 7 or 8 as they are at the back, the furthest away from a very busy road and VERY quiet. Book this for your next Vegas stay, you won't regret it!

Room tip: Ask for an apartment at the back as farthest from the road
  • Trip type: Traveled solo