“Great Room Size and Great Service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Desert Paradise Resort

Desert Paradise Resort
Ranked #29 of 267 Hotels in Las Vegas
Greater London, United Kingdom
“Great Room Size and Great Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

I stayed here for two nights. The room was huge!!!! The concierge helped give good directions to downtown Vegas and gave us a very helpful welcome pack. I'm allergic to various smells and our carpet had a strong smell, which would have been fine for most people but wasn't for me (btw it wasn't an odor just a smell that wasn't good for me). The front desk helped me out and sent maintenance right away and gave me lots of great air fresheners (that I could handle) and this did the job. As I said the room were huge. You won't be disappointed with the size of the room !!! Plus there is a refrigerator and washer and dryer. I didn't make use of the swimming pool because of time constraints. With a car the resort is not that far from the strip. They do have a daily resort fee just so you know. I would recommend this place to anyone though. Two thumbs up. I'd come here again if I was in Vegas!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank travelwithme247

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Bettendorf, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We are Diamond resort members and we generally stay at Polo Towers, but the week we were looking for was not available, so we were given a list of other Diamond properties around Vegas. We chose Desert Paradise and were very happy we did. It offered two pools one was the family pool and the other was for adults. There is a gym, game room and other great amenities on the grounds. Our condos were great. We had a two bed room two full bath (one master) with full kitchen and nice outside covered patio. Very comfortable beds. Full size washer and dryer. Also this is a gated resort with 24 hour security whom are always making rounds on the property. All staff we came in contact with were very friendly and helpful. It's off the strip but just a short drive and you are there, same with the airport. We would recommend this resort to our friends and family if they are ever looking for a place to stay off the strip.

Room Tip: This is not a hotel. It is a resort so they do not offer "rooms" they are condos.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
      Cleanliness
4 Thank John E
Fargo, North Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

My wife and I spent a week at the Desert Paradise Resort. The facilities were excellent - grounds were clean and attractive, the pool was comfortable, and the workout room was adequately appointed. The rooms were comfortably decorated with all of the modern amenities one expects to find in a condo. The beds were thick and supportive without being too firm.

We loved the fact that there were several places to purchase food and alchohal within walking distance. The only drawback we found was the distance to The Strip. When we asked the guest relations for some ideas they informed us that the had a shuttle we could reserve a spot on or we could walk about one quarter of a mile to the nearby New Orleans Casino and take their 24 hour shuttle to the strip. These options were acceptable, however, an option that provided shuttle service from Desert Paradise after 10pm would be nice.

Overall we had a lovely experience and we would recommend this property to our family and friends.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ben B
Regina, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

My partner and I stayed three nights at this timeshare / condominium that is located around 7-10 minutes off-Strip and were very happy with the accommodations and amenities provided for the price paid. For around $100/night all-in you get access to a full-sized condominium with a small balcony, and excellent amenities including a very nice pool area and BBQ area if you want to cook on your own. Additionally, you have a full stove and fridge and sink so that you can buy drinks, food, snacks, etc. The location is superb and during most times of day you can get onto the strip in 10 minutes or less - we had our own vehicle and would just drive to the self-park at Bellagio and then wander from there when we wanted to be on the Strip.

My only small gripes were that they did not make it clear at check-in that they did had a $10 / night resort fee (although I was fully aware of this after booking the property) and that they could not accommodate an earlier check-in, but if the property is consistently booked then I suppose it is difficult to turn things over quickly unless the large mega-resorts with thousands of rooms. Staff were pleasant and we were only pitched a timeshare presentation once when the concierge was trying to sell us show tickets, but he was gracious when we declined.

Air conditioning worked awesome to keep the room cool and comfortable, and our room was well away from the pool so as a result things were quiet and peaceful. There is no daily house-keeping service but they provided some extra towels and such so that this wasn't an issue. We would recommend this location for anyone looking for some peace and quiet off-strip in Vegas for its great location, amenities, and value.

Room Tip: If you want quiet, ask for a room away from the pool area.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Rooms
3 Thank SmartyBoy
Antioch, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I stayed here in Jan 2014 and it was very nice. It is located about two blocks from the Orleans Casino , which has a movie theater in it. I stayed in a one bedroom and it is actually an apartment. It doesn't have elevators, but it is very nice. The room was spacious and comfortable. It has a big closet with drawers and a lot of hanging space and a safe. The pillows were so nice, my room mate wanted to buy some for her self. The room came with a washer and dryer and a full kitchen. I was impressed with this resort and I am staying here again for NYE.

Room Tip: The lower floors are better since there is no elevator.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
      Cleanliness
2 Thank snaduti
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We drove to Las Vegas from Oklahoma and we arrived quite a bit earlier than we had anticipated. Check in is at 4:00 pm but we got there around 11:00 am so we asked if we could check in early. They took our cell phone number and said they would call when our room was ready. Well, by 3:00 pm, we were thinking that perhaps they just forgot to call so we went back and sure enough, our condo still was not ready. They finally did allow us to check in at 3:45 pm - a whole 15 minutes early! I would much rather that they had just told us no than have us believe that they were working to accommodate our early arrival. However, that is really the only negative experience we had. The resort is very clean and well maintained. Our room was clean and furnished very well. We used the washer and dryer a couple of times so that we didn't have to bring back a bunch of dirty clothes. I cooked a full dinner several nights as well. The shuttle that goes to the strip is very limited but we had our own car so it didn't affect us. Our concierge was very nice and made herself readily available. We would definitely stay here again...but not in July! I would prefer never to visit Vegas in July again - it was 112 and 114 degrees while we were there; although the air conditioner had no trouble cooling in those high temperatures.

Room Tip: Beware of requesting a room by the pool - we could hear the children yelling and playing but it didn...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Rooms
1 Thank sjgressett
San Marcos, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I booked my family here for 5 nights in a suite with one bedroom. We had a full kitchen, dining area, living room with sofa bed and a bedroom with a king bed. The bathroom was between the bedroom and living room which was perfect. Plus there was a washer/dryer in the room! The place was clean, roomy, and had everything we needed. The pool was nice with a waterfall although it did get a little crowded at times. I ended up paying about $120 a night.

This hotel is a few miles from the strip, which is what we wanted. It took about 15 minutes to drive and park on the strip (due to traffic). The area is fine with grocery stores and some restaurants - nothing special but had what we needed and safe.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family