“5 mins from the strip, perfect distance.”

Desert Paradise Resort
Ranked #28 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We wanted a relaxing vacation with some fun. This place was the perfect blend for a family stay. Pool was heated and we relaxed by the pool in March. The staff was friendly. Rooms were spacious and clean. Loved having our own kitchen.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Deepti416
diamondresorts, Manager at Desert Paradise Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your recent stay here at Desert Paradise Resort. We were very delighted to read that our accommodations, amenities, and customer service exceeded your expectations and contributed to your positive feedback. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated. We look forward to seeing you and your family again very soon!

Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

Our family of 5 enjoyed the room at this resort. We wanted to stay off the strip and have a full kitchen for breakfasts and snacks. The condo was large, roomy, quiet and had a great view of the pool. Large 2bd with full kitchen and pull out sofa bed-the most comfortable we've ever slept in like a memory foam bed! Pool was clean and never overcrowded. Gym was fully stocked with free weights and machines and never had anyone in it..at 5am daily anyway. Check in service was friendly and speedy since we arrived at 11:30pm pst which to us felt like 2:30am et! We were close enough to strip but had the conveniences of non smoking and peace and quiet. Nearby Fresh Market and Albertson's and CVS made it easy to get supplies for food, etc. Definitely a gem that we'll stay at again!

Stayed: April 2014
diamondresorts, Manager at Desert Paradise Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Thank you for staying with us in one of our spacious two bedrooms. We are very happy to hear that your room was well equipped to accommodate your family and provide a relaxing break from the strip. Our Front Desk is open 24 hours, so there isn’t usually a problem with late check-ins, and since you arrived well after the standard check-in time of 4:00pm, the Front Desk was able to see to you right away. We’re glad that you were able to take advantage of the onsite facilities, such as the fitness center, as well as the resources nearby to ensure a comfortable stay. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 20, 2014

From the moment you arrive at this hotel it feels like a holiday! Great welcome, great condo and fabulous pool! Just far enough from the strip for a family and a free shuttle service to all the action which was great! The staff were so accomodating and friendly! A perfect location for a family holiday in Vegas!!

2  Thank coveBournemouth
diamondresorts, Manager at Desert Paradise Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

We are thrilled you had a welcoming and helpful experience with our team here at Desert Paradise Resort. As the Las Vegas area can be pretty lively, our resort is happy to provide guests with an ideal location for fun options at the resort or ways to get you where you want to be. We are very appreciative of your feedback, and we certainly hope we get to welcome you back for another holiday in the future!

Reviewed April 17, 2014

The apartments are roomy and comfortable. Works well for a family of five. Further from the strip than I anticipated, and the shuttle only operates set days and times which was a bit misleading. Great pool, which the kids loved. Service generally high standard. Had to move after unpacking in first room as WiFi does not reach all areas of the resort. Concierge very helpful. Full kitchen provided.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Smooth1e
diamondresorts, Manager at Desert Paradise Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

We are glad to hear you enjoyed the fully equipped accommodations at Desert Paradise Resort. The resort’s location offers relaxation with easy accessibility to the nonstop action on the famous Las Vegas Strip. We offer scheduled transportation because it allows guests to plan ahead of time and reduces shuttle wait times. Our team members are readily available to assist with any requests or concerns our guests may have. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and we hope you will be returning to Las Vegas and Desert Paradise Resort very soon!

Reviewed April 16, 2014

We arrived much earlier than the 4pm check in time. We were greeted warmly and were welcomed to enjoy the pool while we waited for our room. Once we got in our room we were very pleased as it was appointed with high end furnishings. We were right next to the pool and did not encounter any of the noise issues mentioned by others. As a family of 5 the 1 bedroom provided plenty of space. The grounds were well kept, security was visible and we felt comfortable the entire stay.

The family pool is great! I love that there is a family pool/hot tub so parents don't have to worry about disrupting those without children. The splash pad is a HUGE plus for families with little ones.

SO pleased with this hotel! I travel frequently for business and am a top tier member with a major chain - the service and quality received here far surpasses my member benefits.

If I HAD to find a negative.....there's no kitchen dish towels and you have to rely on the paper towels they have supplied. If that is a deal breaker you have bigger issues..

2  Thank Rachel M
diamondresorts, Manager at Desert Paradise Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Thank you for your favorable review! We are thrilled to hear you appreciated our team members’ efforts and our charming resort. Our resort is happy to provide guests with fun-filled options for the whole family. Your suggestion for the dish towels has been forwarded on to the appropriate area to be looked into for future improvement opportunities. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback, and we look forward to hopefully welcoming you back for another exciting getaway.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

I was planning a Vegas trip for me & 12 of my friends for my 30th birthday. I was unaware that the CMAs were happening on the same weekend which made finding a block of rooms for that many people difficult. I found the Desert Paradise Resort on Hotels.com & reserved two 6 person suits. I wasn't 100% sure that I wanted to stay there, so I chose the "book now, pay later" option. With that, I had the option to cancel the reservation for FREE up until two days before the check in date. About a week after making the reservations and over a week before the check in date, I found a 5 bedroom house just off the strip for all of us to stay, so I cancelled the reservation for both rooms at the DP & got confirmation from Hotels.com that both rooms had been cancelled. So I was not only surprised, but also furious when I returned from my trip & checked my bank account & found a nearly $300 charge from this hotel that I did not stay at!!! I called the hotel right away & sat on hold for over 20 minutes before someone finally answered the phone. I explained what happened & their rep was not helpful at all. She told me that charge was a "no show fee" for the room that was not cancelled. I then got put on hold for another 15 minutes. And this place has the WORST hold music! When she came back on the phone, I explained to this woman 7 ways from Sunday that both rooms were cancelled & I even sent her a screen shot of cancellation confirmation page on my hotels.com account AND an email from Hotels.com that states the time & date that the rooms were cancelled. Somehow that was still not enough to get my money back. I called again the next day (hold time now 30 minutes) and went through the whole process again with someone else. Again, I emailed him the email from hotels.com & the screen shot. I was supposed to get a response from them later in the day & I got nothing. Apparently, this place is in financial trouble since they would rather STEAL $300 from someone than admit their mistake & return the money they stole from me. Do not ever stay here!!!!!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
6  Thank Nicole F
diamondresorts, Manager at Desert Paradise Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

We thank you for expressing your concerns although it saddens us to read about the difficulties you encountered with your birthday reservations. We assure you we always do our due diligence to thoroughly investigate matters to ensure that everyone we do business with is treated fairly. After a thorough investigation working closely with our rentals and reservations teams, a validation of the third party rental partner’s cancellation details has been authenticated. We genuinely appreciate your patience with us as we carry out your desired resolution. While it is great that our management teams are able to accommodate you with a refund, we are still very sorry this problem occurred in the first place. Everyone here hopes we can have the opportunity to welcome you as a valued guest in the future.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

Firstly, I did not know this was a Diamond resort.We booked through travel group.I received phone call one week prior to trip "inviting" us to a sales promo...More about this later.We arrived at the resort around 11:30am and was told check in would be at 4pm.I gave my phone number in case room was available earlier.Throughout our stay the staff was terrific..Kudos to Kimberly,Michael,John,and Pat who were just wonderful and accomadating I asked for a bottom apartment close to adult pool..we were traveling with my elderly mother and I thought it would make our life easier..When we checked in..(early) our room was bottom but as far as possible from pool as possible.The rooms were fantastic..nice kitchen..tvs,etc..everything was first rate..Now the bad stuff....our door was across from resort dump.There were discarded mattresses and abig cat.Garbage was piling over the top.Why would a DIAMOND resort have garbage next to rooms.Next our patio faced a main street,my bedroom also faced main street..Next there are two pools at this resort one for children and one for adults...the children's pool was being repaired while we were there.The adult pool is quite small and now was teeming with children.okay I get it but do the children have to swim with pampers,do the fathers have to play ball with their children in an over crowded pool?There is a hot spa but guess who occupied it ...the children...the signs talk about age restrictions but I can assure you that was not followed...No one seems to care...We went to the meeting about possibly purchasing units or whatever it is called...dont waste your time unless you are reall prepared to buy...total waste of time and energy..Oh by the way there is a 40.00 refundable fee you have to place with diamond before you go.....pass pass.....I left sunglasses behind I have called the resort twice and each time I was promised security would call me back....not yet....in summation beautiful people,,,beautiful resort but I am sure you can do better than Desert Resort..It is not paradise and it is not Diamond...

Room Tip: Do not stay in 124 and look at room before you sign in...make sure you get inner rooms away from noi...
3  Thank twostate

Thank you for your feedback and recognition of our friendly team members. We will, of course, pass your compliments on to them. The nature of your experience is very atypical from other guest interactions here, and we apologize if the distance from your room to the pool had a negative impact on your stay. At Desert Paradise Resort, we strive to anticipate our guests’ needs every day, and while we are thrilled that you found your ground floor room to be “first rate” overall, we are equally disappointed we could not fully meet your mother’s needs. Please be assured that we always do our best to accommodate special room requests, when submitted prior to arrival. We agree the mattress you saw on the ground, was improperly disposed of. If you've ever tried it, you've likely discovered that mattress disposal is not an easy task. The mattress in question has since been removed and our maintenance teams have been coached on the proper way to dispose of these items. The family pool was resurfaced during your stay. The adult pool was open as you mentioned, but might not have been the relaxing atmosphere it usually is. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you, as we are in the continual pursuit of being the best that we can through improvements and renovations. We’re looking forward to your next visit.