“Relaxing”

Desert Paradise Resort
Ranked #28 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Just got back from a week long stay at the Desert Paradise Resort in Las Vegas.The resort is very well maintained inside and out.
Our one bedroom unit was very large and had all of the modern ammenities.It was located near the back of the resort so it was also very quiet.Pool and barbeque areas were also immaculate,although the barbeques were quite far away from our unit.
All of the staff we talked to were extremely friendly and this definitely is one of the main reasons that we will return to this resort.A timeshare presentation was mentioned,but we declined and it was not a problem.
If there was any complaints,it would be more shuttle trips to the strip,and wireless internet should be provided at no cost...but every place nowadays seems to be cashing in on it.
Nice place,nice people,we will return.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fuceneh
diamondresorts, Manager at Desert Paradise Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

We are very delighted to read that after your recent stay here, you will be returning to our resort again in the future. Our staff takes great pride in offering superior Customer Service, and what you experienced is representative of what we expect all of our guests to be treated like. We appreciate the feedback about our shuttle services to the strip, as it allows to determine if additional times are needed. As there are costs involved with offering these shuttle services, we will have to make sure any increase in shuttle service trips falls under our allowed budget. Our Wi-Fi services are provided and serviced by a 3rd party provider. We do not receive any portion of the fees collected to access Wi-Fi here. Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We can’t wait to see you again!

Reviewed September 26, 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We visited in August and chose this resort to be away from the strip. The room was good and clean. 6 pool towels supplied!!!! The adult pool was great. The shuttle was excellent. Would stay again. The bedroom had a huge walk in wardrobe. Lots of towels supplied and bedding lovely.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from the front of the resort.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BelindaLeeds
diamondresorts, Manager at Desert Paradise Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Thank you for your review. We are delighted to hear that your stay went so well, and that our accommodations, location, services, and amenities met, if not exceeded, your expectations. Many of our guests appreciate being able to enjoy what the strip offers without having to actually stay there. We look forward to being able to accommodate you again in the future!

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Unfortunately this was the only bad part of our vacation! We booked the hotel 1 month in advance and when we arrived the receptionist told me, that they don't have a room for us. At first I thought they were joking..., but at 10PM they said that they are trying to find another room for the first night and we can come back the next night. I asked to use their internet to surt the net and to find a room, and they told me I have to pay. Could be that the place is nice, but the service after they made a mistake was so terible, that I don't want to meet them again. They were overbooked they could let me know on time...

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
20  Thank DarjaSeme
diamondresorts, Manager at Desert Paradise Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2012

Thank you for your comments. We sincerely apologize for the situation you encountered at check in. It is not a pleasant feeling to ask our guests to relocate to a different property and we take this type of issue very seriously. As we were not aware of the overbooking situation until the day of your arrival, we could not provide advanced notice. The apparent lack of follow through and customer service in regard to not allowing you to use our internet without paying to find another room is unacceptable and we will make sure to have this addressed with our front desk staff. We hope that you would be willing to give us another try in the future.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

My wife & I stayed at this beautiful resort for a week in May, 2012. We are RCI members from Australia & this was our second trip to Vegas. On our first trip, we stayed at Caesars Palace right on the strip & even though our hotel was fantastic, the hustle & bustle of the Vegas strip was a little on the noisy side.
This was not the case with this resort, as it is located about 10 minutes drive from the strip so it is very nice and quiet for sleeping and relaxing. There are swimming pools, BBQ areas, and the gardens are well maintained. Just a few minutes walk from the resort, there are a few grocery shops, take away restaurants, convenience stores etc.
The staff are all very friendly and offer places to dine or attractions to see with a warm smile, the shuttle bus service is excellent, with trips into the strip every day at different times being offered to guests. Our driver, Doran, was fantastic, & we went into the strip every day with him and we always arranged to be picked up later in the evenings at New York, New York or another casino nearby,
This gave us ample time to see the sights, have dinner, watch the spectacular shows, Bellagio fountains, Treasure Island Pirate show, Mirage Volcano eruption etc. After which we would go to our designated "pick-up" point & meet up with Doran who would be waiting patiently with a smile, for all the guests to return to the pick up spot after their few hours of enjoying the sights, we would then be taken back to our resort safely.
Also, once a week, Doran organises a shuttle trip into the "old" part of Vegas, & the Freemont experience which we suggest that guests dont miss, as it is a great time there, and the overhead video screen above Freemont street has to be the biggest in the world!!!
We had a lovely, spacious, 2 bedroom villa, which was clean and we even had a laundry room, the reception area has Internet available to guests 24/7, which we found very convenient for sending our daughters emails etc.
There is also a guest "get together" held once a week in reception with a raffle organised by the staff, This is a good way of meeting other guests staying at the resort and sharing holiday experiences together. All in all, we had a wonderful time here, we were always made to feel welcome & the staff always asked how our day was going, each time we came to reception to say hi or catch the shuttle bus with Doran.
We would thoroughly recommend this resort to anyone and will definately stay here on our next visit. We even found it sad to leave on our last day, as we said goodbye to all at DPR.!!!

Room Tip: It's only a two level building, with about 28 blocks of four villas to each block, so all rooms...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank peter c
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Stayed here for two weeks while visiting Vegas for family reasons. Chose this property because of the two bedrooms with kitchen for a reasonable price.

The room was updated, and the kitchen was very well equipped. Huge closets in both bedrooms, nice TV's in every room. We had a party of five, and this was perfect. Pools were lovely and the grounds are well kept.

The service was outstanding. I had read some earlier reviews that indicated they didn't do a regular cleaning. Our room was cleaned twice per week, and if we needed anything in the interim, we had a response within minutes. Showed up immediately to empty trash, gladly brought additional towels and detergent. Having a washer/dryer for a two week stay is a must! When we had to extend our trip, the front desk extended our stay at our discounted rate without me having to book through the website I had booked with originally.

The only negatives were that I thought that the larger pool closed a bit early (10:00) for Vegas. It is in the same gated area as the other pool, there are no life guards, so I didn't see the point of the pool closing two hours before the other pool. You also have to pay for Wi-Fi which I think should be offered without charge, and I didn't find the 3rd party set up to be easy. I would also avoid the time share presentation. We got great Phantom tickets for about 1/3 of the price for agreeing to go to the presentation. We were assured we would not be kept for more than 90 minutes as we were on a very tight schedule. However, we were there almost 2 1/2 hrs, and they didn't take no very well. While I think it is a great time share program, and if I was in the market I would consider it, no means no, and I was starting to get really angry by the time we were finally released from captivity.

Overall, I would definitely stay here again in a heartbeat. We travel to Vegas often with family there, and I would choose this over Tahiti Village every day!

Room Tip: Keep in mind that 2nd floor rooms have no elevator, so you must carry suitcases up a flight of stair...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank modernscarlett
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I traded a time share in Florida for a week here and was very pleased. The entire property is spotless and well-maintained, and my one-bedroom place was very large and comfortable. Amenities not found at other similar timeshares include a free washer and dryer in the unit, several large barbeque grills, an adult-only pool with a nice pool and 'water park' area for the kids. In retrospect, I wish I had rented a car because the shuttle service is sparse and it was too hot to walk far, so good meals were difficult to get. I checked in after the Saturday shuttle run to the grocery store. Taxis were more expensive than I expected--about $20 each way to and from the Strip The sales talk is very low-key, which I appreciated very much.The staff were all very nice and very competent. I understand there were shuttle trips to other places, such as Fremont St, but I was never informed about them and did not see anything about them at either the desk or concierge.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo